View Full Version : Gameday @ LSU this week

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 07:37 PM
Gameday @ LSU this week

If anybody cares. ha

http://www.collegegameday.com/#/comingtoyourcity

colinreturn
11/2/2008, 07:39 PM
i thought they are suppost to promo an abc game. that is on cbs.

freshchris05
11/2/2008, 07:40 PM
nope they promote the sec first....

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 07:40 PM
Must be illegal to have 2 Gamedays in a row @ home.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 07:41 PM
ANYBODY WANNA GUESS WHERE IT WILL BE ON THE 22ND?

AzianSooner
11/2/2008, 07:57 PM
Game day will be at Norman, OK, if TT and OU both take care of business till then.

Boomer.....
11/2/2008, 09:17 PM
They have been covering the Big 12 so much, and for good reason, that they jump at the opportunity to cover another conference if there is a decent game.

aurorasooner
11/2/2008, 09:51 PM
They have been covering the Big 12 so much, and for good reason, that they jump at the opportunity to cover another conference if there is a decent game. Sorry, but that just "ain't" so. Gameday is quickly becoming an SEC whore and will probably be even worse when their SEC contract kicks in. After next weekend the SEC will have twice as many Gameday games as the any conference. Hopefully the Big 12 will get at least 2 more, OU vs Tech and OU vs OSU (or maybe aTm vs Texas since they obviously kiss Mack butt, but I bet they only do 1 if there's a decent SEC competing game.
SEC 6 games: Game 1 Alabama vs Clemson Game 2 Miami vs Florida Game 4 LSU vs Auburn Game 5 Alabama vs Georgia Game 6 LSU vs Vanderbilt Next week Alabama vs LSU Gameday ---6 Games in coverage of SEC teams.
BIG 12 COVERAGE 3 GAMES 1) OU/TEXAS RRR 2) TEXAS/MIZZOU 3) TEXAS VS TECH BIG 10 2 GAMES (11) OHIO STATE VS SUC PENN STATE VS BUCS
PAC 10 1 GAME SUC VS BUCS
Quote of Week. Herbie "Joe Ganz will have a game-changing performance against the Sooners" In a way, I guess he did. :D

sooner59
11/2/2008, 10:01 PM
Funny you bring up Joe Ganz, hehe. I saw a husker fan after the game with a t-shirt that read: "Got Ganz?". I simply replied "Yes, we sure did." He wasn't amused.

aurorasooner
11/2/2008, 10:21 PM
saw a husker fan after the game with a t-shirt that read: "Got Ganz?". I simply replied "Yes, we sure did." He wasn't amused. That brings up a good analogy of OCs that do the SOS and don't look at their tendencies especially against quality DCs (although that may bring up a debate on this board), especially in bowl games when good DCs have more than a week to prep. If OCs do that SOS and don't change things up a bit, then they'll get Ganzed as we were "Ganzed" against SUC, for the most part against LSU, and thru the 1st 3 quarters against Boise State.

colinreturn
11/2/2008, 10:28 PM
ANYBODY WANNA GUESS WHERE IT WILL BE ON THE 22ND?

USC?

LSUdeek
11/2/2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry, but that just "ain't" so. Gameday is quickly becoming an SEC whore and will probably be even worse when their SEC contract kicks in. After next weekend the SEC will have twice as many Gameday games as the any conference. Hopefully the Big 12 will get at least 2 more, OU vs Tech and OU vs OSU (or maybe aTm vs Texas since they obviously kiss Mack butt, but I bet they only do 1 if there's a decent SEC competing game.
SEC 6 games: Game 1 Alabama vs Clemson Game 2 Miami vs Florida Game 4 LSU vs Auburn Game 5 Alabama vs Georgia Game 6 LSU vs Vanderbilt Next week Alabama vs LSU Gameday ---6 Games in coverage of SEC teams.
BIG 12 COVERAGE 3 GAMES 1) OU/TEXAS RRR 2) TEXAS/MIZZOU 3) TEXAS VS TECH BIG 10 2 GAMES (11) OHIO STATE VS SUC PENN STATE VS BUCS
PAC 10 1 GAME SUC VS BUCSIn a way, I guess he did. :D

AU was at Vandy, not LSU.

There are so many more reasons to have it at LSU this week besides SEC bias. Saban's returning to TS.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 10:50 PM
Hey LSUdeek, wanna do us a favor?

Beat Bama, go to the SEC CG and beat Florida.

aurorasooner
11/2/2008, 11:21 PM
There are so many more reasons to have it at LSU this week besides SEC bias. Saban's returning to TS. I don't have any problems with Gameday being at the LSU/Bama game. I'm sure the Tiger fans will be real accommodating and cordial to Nick. However, you can't deny that the SEC has had it's share of Gameday Saturdays, and I wouldn't be surprised if they show up in the SEC once or twice more at Ole Miss/LSU or/and 'Bama vs Auburn .
It's too bad that the TCU at Utah game is relegated to the CBS College Sport's Network Thursday night this week, as I think Gameday in Utah would be a kick, and I have no luv for anything Utah.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 11:46 PM
Take a peak at week 12, who lands gameday then? haha

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=12&season=2&year=2008&groupId=80

Scotty
11/3/2008, 03:51 AM
Middle Tennessee State at Western Kentucky?

OUmetsfan
11/3/2008, 08:13 AM
Take a peak at week 12, who lands gameday then? haha

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=12&season=2&year=2008&groupId=80

South Carolina at Florida.

I think there's some sort of old ball coach involved.

badger
11/3/2008, 08:18 AM
No offense Deek, but I thought it would have been cool for them to go to the Utah and TCU game. I think it has the same implications that your game does - BCS berth, conference championship, etc.

They've already been out to a Bammer game and they've already been to Tech, but when's another chance to go out to Moutain West conference game?

(and don't say BYU/Utah, because we all know that Utah won't be undefeated by then after TCU beats them this weekend)

OUmetsfan
11/3/2008, 08:24 AM
No offense Deek, but I thought it would have been cool for them to go to the Utah and TCU game. I think it has the same implications that your game does - BCS berth, conference championship, etc.

They've already been out to a Bammer game and they've already been to Tech, but when's another chance to go out to Moutain West conference game?

(and don't say BYU/Utah, because we all know that Utah won't be undefeated by then after TCU beats them this weekend)

Utah- TCU is Thursday night

badger
11/3/2008, 08:27 AM
Utah- TCU is Thursday night

It is? SWEET! Now I'll get to watch it! :D

Oh, and "Upset Thursday" streak continues!

:rolleyes: if this counts as an upset if TCU wins...

sooneron
11/3/2008, 09:14 AM
It's too bad that the TCU at Utah game is relegated to the CBS College Sport's Network Thursday night this week, as I think Gameday in Utah would be a kick, and I have no luv for anything Utah.[/INDENT]

YOu must not ski or snowboard.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2008, 09:27 AM
YOu must not ski or snowboard.

Or mountain bike.

Also, beer seems to taste better there because you feel like you're getting away with something :)