PDA

View Full Version : We got 'em where we want 'em

8timechamps
11/2/2008, 06:10 PM
Here's how it WILL play out:

1. We beat Tech (thus vaulting us past Tech and Texas in the BCS).
2. We beat O State (should keep us pretty close to Florida in the BCS points)
3. Florida or Bama take the SEC and go to the title game.
4. A one loss Big XII team goes in front of an undefeated Penn State.

We end up in the BCS title game against either Florida or Bama.

And, just as a bonus, Penn State claims the "Peoples National Championship" and joins the growing masses that cry for a D1 playoff after they get "slighted" by the BCS.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2008, 06:15 PM
We want to play Penn St in the NC game....actually everyone does.

Bama loses to LSU,comes back and wins the SEC Championship.

We get in based on 3-way tiebreaker with TT and Tex and win Big 12 CG and play Penn St. That's the ideal scenario.

8timechamps
11/2/2008, 06:22 PM
We want to play Penn St in the NC game....actually everyone does.

Bama loses to LSU,comes back and wins the SEC Championship.

We get in based on 3-way tiebreaker with TT and Tex and win Big 12 CG and play Penn St. That's the ideal scenario.

I'll go with that plan too.

I'm easy.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 06:27 PM
I'd love to play Penn State.

I think a 1 loss Big 12 champ plays a 1 loss Sec champ. (just me)

So it will be

Alabama/Florida vs OU/UT/Tech

8timechamps
11/2/2008, 06:34 PM
I'd love to play Penn State.

I think a 1 loss Big 12 champ plays a 1 loss Sec champ. (just me)

So it will be

Alabama/Florida vs OU

Fixed.

:bsmf: That's what I said.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 07:10 PM
haha lets hope so.

Does anybody compare this years Penn State team to the Ohio State team back in 2002-2003 when they beat Miami? And were like 14 point underdogs or something crazy like.?

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2008, 08:01 PM
That tOSU team in '02 won many of their games by 1 score or less. And they won the title game against a Miami team that would have beat them 19 out of 20 games. They were the luckiest and most resilient team I can ever remember. This years PSU team is dominating most of their opponents; that could be because the conference is much weaker now, but I see this years PSU as more complete than '02 tOSU.

SoonerStormchaser
11/2/2008, 08:21 PM
That tOSU team in '02 won many of their games by 1 score or less. And they won the title game against a Miami team that would have beat them 19 out of 20 games. They were the luckiest and most resilient team I can ever remember. This years PSU team is dominating most of their opponents; that could be because the conference is much weaker now, but I see this years PSU as more complete than '02 tOSU.

You failed to mention the biggest piece of **** pass interference call by another INEPT BIG XII REF that handed the game to tOSU.