PDA

View Full Version : FIRE GUS MALZAHN

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 04:43 PM
gafamo

BASSooner
11/2/2008, 04:49 PM
even better, fire that entire coaching staff!
:mad: ;) :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 05:18 PM
lol

bri
11/2/2008, 06:47 PM
Why would we want to fire Gus? Unlike OU, Tulsa still controls its own destiny in their conference. :D

badger
11/2/2008, 06:49 PM
Why would we want to fire Gus? Unlike OU, Tulsa still controls its own destiny in their conference. :D

:mad: You know, we sort of control OUr own destiny now too... provided Pokedom doesn't ruin it :mad:

:rolleyes: it's such an odd situation where nobody is control anymore... except for those teckkers, but since they have no legit rival, they don't count :D

bri
11/2/2008, 06:50 PM
Actually, we don't. We still need aggy to beat sand aggy, otherwise Texas gets the tie-breaker.

Thanks for playing, though. Don Pardo will tell you what lovely parting gifts you'll be leaving with.

badger
11/2/2008, 06:55 PM
Actually, we don't. We still need aggy to beat sand aggy, otherwise Texas gets the tie-breaker.

Thanks for playing, though. Don Pardo will tell you what lovely parting gifts you'll be leaving with.

derrrrpppp??? :confused:

aggy (OSU?) beat sand aggy (tech) otherwise Texas gets the tie-breaker?!

Your kool aid ain't kool, buddy bri. If we beat an undefeated Tech and a one-loss poke we move ahead of Texas in the BCS, and WE get the one-loss tie breaker.

If OSU beats Tech: Tech, OSU, OU, and Texas all have one loss. We beat both Tech and OSU after that, then it's just Texas and us with the one-loss tie and Texas, with the head-to-head win, gets the tie breaker.

I'm so very sorry, but I have no love for parting gifts, Don Pardo.

:les: Get your facts straight! [hairGel]

:D

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 11:25 PM

But...once aggy beats sand aggie...we do.

I believe you owe her at least a shot on another show now. :D ;)

Also...she should be able to keep the parting gift IMO. :D

Collier11
11/3/2008, 12:51 PM

So much for just rooting for you own team and being a real fan and all that jazz :rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
11/3/2008, 12:54 PM
:pop:

Sooner04
11/3/2008, 12:54 PM
How do we control our own destiny? If we win out, but Tech loses again to somebody else we're back in a tie with Texas and again OUT of the Big 12 Title game.

sooner_born_1960
11/3/2008, 01:07 PM
Just to be clear, we need sand aggy to beat aggy.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2008, 01:10 PM
I m sure the Montana-Montana St game with have huge implications for OU as well

picasso
11/3/2008, 01:21 PM
lost to a very average Arkie team.

KABOOKIE
11/3/2008, 08:48 PM
So much for just rooting for you own team and being a real fan and all that jazz :rolleyes:

and knowing the complexity of the Big 12 rules or simple math.

Collier11
11/3/2008, 09:46 PM
ha

BigGobbler
11/3/2008, 10:47 PM
We are right where we need to be. Things always work out for us..... All we have to do is WIN!

bri
11/3/2008, 10:48 PM
We are right where we need to be. Things always work out for us..... All we have to do is WIN!

And hope that Texas Tech also wins out (except for a loss to us). That really smacks of "controlling our own destiny".

Collier11
11/3/2008, 10:50 PM
And hope that Texas Tech also wins out (except for a loss to us). That really smacks of "controlling our own destiny".

you get it wrong the first time and then you try to come back and act like you are correct :rolleyes:

bri
11/3/2008, 10:53 PM
I misspoke the first time. Holy sh*t, that never happens.

But I got it straight now. More than I can say for all the "WE CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY!!!!" people.

BigGobbler
11/3/2008, 10:53 PM

This is the best spot we could have hoped to be in after blowin' it against UT. We will show the country something against TTech. Just sit back and enjoy the show. "Getcha popcorn ready" :pop:

Tulsa_Fireman
11/4/2008, 11:00 AM
http://operachic.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/11/mcfly.jpg

YOU ARE MY DENSITY

o0Dan0o
11/4/2008, 11:16 AM
The most important bit is if we win out we'll still be in a BCS game. No team from the north has a shot at it unless they get the Big XII title. If we win out we'll most likely be the highest ranked Big XII team, though if Texas wins the championship game that will be iffy.
Dan

MrJimBeam
11/4/2008, 11:50 AM
I heard Tulsa had trouble controlling their own bladders Saturday. Down 17-zip to Arkie. Hell, Louisiana-Monroe got within a point of those yardbirds.

bri
11/4/2008, 01:21 PM
I heard Tulsa had trouble controlling their own bladders Saturday. Down 17-zip to Arkie. Hell, Louisiana-Monroe got within a point of those yardbirds.

Seriously, Louisana-Monroe smack?

And since the game was tied twice after Arkie's 17-0 start, your point is invalid. I obviously didn't make you red enough.

Collier11
11/4/2008, 02:12 PM
UL Monroe smack seems pretty relevant...I hoped that Tulsa would have gone undefeated but when you are #18 and lose to a crappy 3-4 Arkansas team, even if it was on the road that is a bad loss

It is the equivalent of OU losing to cu last yr basically

OU4LIFE
11/4/2008, 02:19 PM

I misspoke the first time. Holy sh*t, that never happens.

But I got it straight now. More than I can say for all the "WE CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY!!!!" people.

Seriously, Louisana-Monroe smack?

And since the game was tied twice after Arkie's 17-0 start, your point is invalid. I obviously didn't make you red enough.

Are you an OU fan? I know you used to be.

from the way these posts have gone, it sure seems like you'd rather see us lose than win.