PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I can't take it anymore

bri
11/2/2008, 01:26 PM
You people make me f*cking sick.

Look at this forum. Every single goddamn thread is one circle-jerk after another about how we hope this team loses or that team doesn't deserve to be ranked where they are or multiple doomsday senarios. Not a single one of you can just f*cking SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE SEASON. Root for OU, that's all we can do. When we spend so much of our time and energy (and space on the SOONER FOOTBALL board) rooting for everyone else to lose, it makes us look no better than aggy.

People like you are why I always feel like I have to apologize to people when I tell them I'm a Sooner.

SoonerEmpire
11/2/2008, 01:29 PM
No offense, but if you ever feel like you have to apologize to people for being a Sooner fan, well... maybe you're not. Just sayin...

sooneron
11/2/2008, 01:32 PM
Someone's a little testy after that Fayetteville debacle.

freshchris05
11/2/2008, 01:33 PM
Whenever i tell people im a sooner, the whole time im thnkin yeah, b*tch, hows that taste....

bri
11/2/2008, 01:35 PM
No offense, but if you ever feel like you have to apologize to people for being a Sooner fan, well... maybe you're not. Just sayin...

So the guy who just shuts up and roots for his team isn't a fan, whereas all the classless annoying *******s who spend more time rooting for other teams to lose is? Okay, then.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 01:39 PM
;)

http://www.heathersblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/zoloft2.jpg

SoonerEmpire
11/2/2008, 01:40 PM
So the guy who just shuts up and roots for his team isn't a fan, whereas all the classless annoying *******s who spend more time rooting for other teams to lose is? Okay, then.

Look, you're making it sound as if OU fans are the ONLY fans that do this. There's not a single school on the face of this planet whose fans don't do such things. We're just naturally doing what sports fans naturally do. If that makes us sound aggy, then I guess every school with a sports department is aggy. But to answer your question, yes, the guy who shuts up and roots for his team is a fan just as much as everyone else. And everyone else is no less of a fan than the guy who shuts up. Get over yourself!

okiewaker
11/2/2008, 01:43 PM
Talking about scenarios and what teams need to lose, and the such is one of the things that makes college football fun throughout the season, atleast for me. But, maybe I need to get a grip.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 01:44 PM
I'm not going to be a cheerleader for tech, but I hope they beat Oklahoma State.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 01:45 PM
I do think many folks could try and talk about more positives than just the weaknesses sometimes.

Doomsday folks are a drag.

It's like hanging around of bunch of nerds who can't figure out why the hawt chicks at Baylor won't talk to them. :D

SOONER STEAKER
11/2/2008, 01:49 PM
When I woke up today all's I could think of was how good Tech looked last night. Then I realized how good we looked against Nebraska.

The only thing I'm pissed off about today is that we win going away and drop in the polls. Who are these morrons that voted us down in the poll?

Half a Hundred
11/2/2008, 01:51 PM

Dude, this is an OU message board. We're all Sooner fans. If we just had threads about how much we loved OU, it would get old and boring really damn quickly.

Scenario-making and rooting for other teams to lose are simply mental exercises. College Football is just as much about hating the other team as it is loving your own; they go hand-in-hand. That's what makes rivalries so much fun, the ecstasy of victory is made so much greater by the memory of how devastating the defeats were.

People want to talk about those sorts of things. You're more than welcome to ignore it.

What makes aggy sound aggy is that they root against us because they like OU losing more than OSU winning. We root for teams to lose simply because IT HELPS OU (except Texas, but that's because they're *******s). That's a big difference. If we were undefeated right now, that would certainly be diminished.

tooslow
11/2/2008, 01:51 PM
Talking about scenarios and what teams need to lose, and the such is one of the things that makes college football fun throughout the season, atleast for me. But, maybe I need to get a grip.

Exactly.

The only way this talk will ever go away is if we get a playoff. Of course then you'll have a few discussions by the bubble teams hoping those above them lose late in the season. :D I do not see what the big deal is if a fan wants to post something that's on their mind. At least it's a positive thread about OU. Could be one of the many fire BV, the Defense sucks, or other negative posts. If I read a thread that gets me pissed at the poster, I just move on and ignore it. I do understand your frustration if there are numerous posts on the same subject that pisses you off. Just pop some pills and find a happy place. :pop: JK! :D

tbl
11/2/2008, 01:52 PM
Look, you're making it sound as if OU fans are the ONLY fans that do this. There's not a single school on the face of this planet whose fans don't do such things. We're just naturally doing what sports fans naturally do. If that makes us sound aggy, then I guess every school with a sports department is aggy. But to answer your question, yes, the guy who shuts up and roots for his team is a fan just as much as everyone else. And everyone else is no less of a fan than the guy who shuts up. Get over yourself!

Pretty much nails it...

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 01:55 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Stitch Face
11/2/2008, 01:56 PM

Look at this forum. Every single goddamn thread is one circle-jerk after another about how we hope this team loses or that team doesn't deserve to be ranked where they are or multiple doomsday senarios. Not a single one of you can just f*cking SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE SEASON. Root for OU, that's all we can do. When we spend so much of our time and energy (and space on the SOONER FOOTBALL board) rooting for everyone else to lose, it makes us look no better than aggy.

People like you are why I always feel like I have to apologize to people when I tell them I'm a Sooner.

No doubt. It's starting to sound like an internet sports forum around here.

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 02:01 PM

I don't mind rooting against other teams ahead of us in the polls or the standings. We were beaten by Texass, and we need help from other teams now while we need to keep winning.

The problems are all the doomsday threads about FIRE BRENT VENABLES, THE DEFENSE CAN'T GET TUNROVERS ANYMOERS, TEH REFS SUCK, etc. Yes, we know our defense can't stop a decent QB and the refs don't call holding against our opponents anymore, but the fact is, we simply cannot win the national championship every single year. No team can. If it was like that, everyone would know the sport would be rigged, kinda like the Harlem Globetrotters.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 02:02 PM
TU lost...the end of the season happened yesterday for them.

They won't get a BCS Bowl now.

Ease up folks.

SoonerEmpire
11/2/2008, 02:03 PM
I don't mind rooting against other teams ahead of us in the polls or the standings. We were beaten by Texass, and we need help from other teams now while we need to keep winning.

The problems are all the doomsday threads about FIRE BRENT VENABLES, THE DEFENSE CAN'T GET TUNROVERS ANYMOERS, TEH REFS SUCK, etc. Yes, we know our defense can't stop a decent QB and the refs don't call holding against our opponents anymore, but the fact is, we simply cannot win the national championship every single year. No team can. If it was like that, everyone would know the sport would be rigged, kinda like the Harlem Globetrotters.

+1

setem
11/2/2008, 02:06 PM
What the hell is wrong with rooting for teams that can help us?

We are not in control of our own destiny believe it or not. WE NEED SOME HELP TO GET BACK ON TRACK!

It is a 1000x different from aggots cheering for us to lose. When it helps OU I am going to back the team that can help us! For a couple hours last night I was a red raider fan and when TT plays the pokes I am going to cheer for the Red Raiders to win. If we get the 3 ways tie in the south OU will be going to CC game.

Have you gone bat **** crazy?

SouthFortySooner
11/2/2008, 02:15 PM
I can surely state if this site made me sick, I wouldn't check it several times a day. Entertain me people! :D

CatfishSooner
11/2/2008, 02:20 PM
lame post...

Iam4OUru
11/2/2008, 02:36 PM
lame post...

Lame thread....

"bri", if you don't like the comments here why don't you just do like you tell other people and "****in' go away".:rolleyes:

Paperclip
11/2/2008, 02:46 PM

That's ok. We have to apologize for you being a Sooner too. :rolleyes:

Jeronimo
11/2/2008, 02:46 PM
I'm not going to be a cheerleader for tech, but I hope they beat Oklahoma State.

I said this same thing with aggies against the whorns. I said I wont root for gumby's boys, but I hoped texass would lose. same as last night. wont root for techsters but hoped texass lost. I was told by a whorn that didnt make sense. I said "of course it wouldnt, youre a whorn fan".

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 02:51 PM
Not going to lie, when Crabtree scored, I slapped the tv when it showed colts face and browns face.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2008, 02:54 PM
I sure hope the aggots lose.

sooneron
11/2/2008, 03:00 PM
I sure hope the aggots lose in close one.

fixed.

Collier11
11/2/2008, 03:33 PM

you say alot of dumb things and this thread takes the cake

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2008, 03:39 PM
Does this include the 50 people cheering for Tech at the taligate last night? Cause that was FUN.

okiewaker
11/2/2008, 03:42 PM
Does this include the 50 people cheering for Tech at the taligate last night? Cause that was FUN.

Or the 80some thousand who cheered when the scores were posted on the stretch screen?

jkjsooner
11/2/2008, 03:52 PM

No, you rooting for OU is great. You apologizing for being an OU fan is pathetic.

We need certain things to happen to win the conference. Every fan/coach/player roots for those things to happen. Coaches and players don't say it in public as it's a bad PR move but believe me they want to play in the CCG.

Anyway, you clearly don't just "shut up" as you just called most Sooner fans out. Maybe you need to practice what you say and just be quiet.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2008, 03:58 PM
I always cheer for Tech and Kansas when they play anyone but us because Mangino and Leach....are OUr family, same for Mike, Chuck, Sumlin, and even Bo Pelini to an extent ;)

bluedogok
11/2/2008, 03:58 PM
The Whorn and Tech fans in my office were discussing this very thing on Friday, about who needs to lose to who and who gets the CCG if this or that happens. EVERYONE does it in every conference if they have a realistic chance of winning anything.

jkjsooner
11/2/2008, 04:01 PM
Let me put this thread in perspective. People are saying:

We need X to beat Y for us to have a shot at the CCG and possibly the NCG.

You said:

So who on here is acting like a child and who needs to follow their own advice and STFU?

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:04 PM

So the guy who just shuts up and roots for his team isn't a fan, whereas all the classless annoying *******s who spend more time rooting for other teams to lose is? Okay, then.N00b justice has been served.

Welcome to Bolivia.

When will this whole horde of n00bs learn that they've gotta EARN it before they call out the loyalty of us old timers. We paved the way for you dooshes. THINK before you do something stupid like calling out one of the long time posters on this board.

Maroons...:pop:

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:05 PM
Lame thread....

"bri", if you don't like the comments here why don't you just do like you tell other people and "****in' go away".:rolleyes:
Make that 2 served.

n00bs...:rolleyes:

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:07 PM
N00b justice has been served.

Welcome to Bolivia.

When will this whole horde of n00bs learn that they've gotta EARN it before they call out the loyalty of us old timers. We paved the way for you dooshes. THINK before you do something stupid like calling out one of the long time posters on this board.

what does him being a n00b have to do with calling out a stupid statement...if you think he should get in trouble for that, that is pretty weak

Why are you the only person on this board that publicly whines about neg spek and also actively tries to get people in trouble?

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:13 PM
Looks like I called out somebody's Troll. :rolleyes:

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:14 PM
No, youre just being a big baby so I felt the need to call you on it

okiewaker
11/2/2008, 04:16 PM
what does him being a n00b have to do with calling out a stupid statement...if you think he should get in trouble for that, that is pretty weak

Why are you the only person on this board that publicly whines about neg spek and also actively tries to get people in trouble?

I've gotten plenty of red for stuff like this and sometimes for even less. I have since quit being honest and just go with the flow because you will get hit with the bad stuff for being new and honest. Just read some of my past posts. I sometimes will start to write a post and then erase because I'm not sure whether it is what I should write or not. Anyway, just sayin

Big Red Ron
Someone's a little testy after that Fayetteville debacle.lol, I wish Tulsa's golden shower had their own board. I mean, one that people would actually go to.

tommieharris91

Welcome to Bolivia.

Someone obviously didn't read the rest of this thread.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:17 PM
No, youre just being a big baby so I felt the need to call you on itRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'M being the big baby.

LMAO

You keep tellin' yourself that. Here's a tissue. :pop:

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:18 PM
Someone obviously didn't read the rest of this thread.I read it.

What, am I not allowed to chime in as well?

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:20 PM
I read it.

What, am I not allowed to chime in as well?

You didnt chime in, you implied that he should get in trouble for being a n00b just cus he called out something he didnt agree with

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2008, 04:20 PM
No you aren't allowed to..if you read the Magna Carte closely..it specifically denies those living near oceans posting in certain threads

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:21 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'M being the big baby.

LMAO

You keep tellin' yourself that. Here's a tissue. :pop:

Im pretty sure most everyone agrees with me but you are doing a good job of reaffirming what I have already said

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:22 PM
You didnt chime in, you implied that he should get in trouble for being a n00b just cus he called out something he didnt agree with
"get in trouble?"

What, are you six? :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2008, 04:22 PM
I don't see a problem with the disagreeing with anyone as long as they do it in a polite manner.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:23 PM
I don't see a problem with the disagreeing with anyone as long as they do it in a polite manner.Exactly.

The n00b called out Bri and questioned his loyalty to the Sooners. Then he even engaged in name calling. Then he went around neg spekking people (which I just took care of.)

Disagreeing is fine. Acting like a jackhole when you haven't been around long enough to earn the right to act like a jackhole is not.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:24 PM
Im pretty sure most everyone agrees with me but you are doing a good job of reaffirming what I have already saidSure. You are definitely proving that I'm crying too much by crying as much as you are. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2008, 04:24 PM
I would neg you for posting the word jackhole...but you have been around long enough to get away with it ;)

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:25 PM
Exactly.

The n00b called out Bri and questioned his loyalty to the Sooners. Then he even engaged in name calling. Then he went around neg spekking people (which I just took care of.)

Disagreeing is fine. Acting like a jackhole when you haven't been around long enough to earn the right to act like a jackhole is not.

Like how youre acting right now? He did to Bri exactly what Bri did to everyone else...did you take care of Bri? Dont allow neg spek if he cant use it, what is wrong with that? You keep making yourself look worse and worse...just sayin

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:26 PM
"get in trouble?"

What, are you six? :rolleyes:

your the one who implied it, I just called you on it

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:27 PM
Like how youre acting right now? He did to Bri exactly what Bri did to everyone else...did you take care of Bri? Dont allow neg spek if he cant use it, what is wrong with that? You keep making yourself look worse and worse...just sayinLMAO.

Keep it up. You're doing all my work for me. :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:28 PM
your the one who implied it, I just called you on itYeah. I definitely outed someone's Troll. :pop:

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:30 PM
Sure. You are definitely proving that I'm crying too much by crying as much as you are. ;)

Im not crying about anything, im just calling you on the stuff you are saying...explain how that is crying?

sooneron
11/2/2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, a downward spiral of fail, this is.

Collier11
11/2/2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah. I definitely outed someone's Troll. :pop:

thats all you got?

I need to go watch the Thunder get beat, you can argue with yourself now

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 04:32 PM
LMAO.

Keep it up. You're doing all my work for me. :D

**** off dip ****

u hated on mai cornface cuosin u need to STFU NOOB OMG HAI

http://msp48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/linmac2/richard_simmons.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:34 PM
Im not crying about anything, im just calling you on the stuff you are saying...explain how that is crying?By that definition I was just calling the n00b out about stuff he was saying.

Why don't you explain how I was crying, then we'll know how you were. ;)

Sooner Eclipse
11/2/2008, 04:35 PM

Welcome to Bolivia.

Lay off this n00b moron. He happens to be right - if bri doesn't like some of the comments he doesn't have to read them. He doesn't have to EARN anything if he's right. Bri was outta line. Laying out win/lose scenarios is part of what makes the BCS fun. Why dont you tuck your west coast weener between your legs and skulk on back to lala land. Pulling your spekker out here just proves what an asshat you are. You've earned nothing except to prove whats wrong with Cali.

I remember when you first showed your *** on this board. Banning you was a team sport for the mods.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:36 PM
Lay off this n00b moron. He happens to be right - if bri doesn't like some of the comments he doesn't have to read them. He doesn't have to EARN anything if he's right. Bri was outta line. Laying out win/lose scenarios is part of what makes the BCS fun. Why dont you tuck your west coast weener between your legs and skulk on back to lala land. Pulling your spekker out here just proves what an asshat you are. You've earned nothing except to prove whats wrong with Cali.

I remember when you first showed your *** on this board. Banning you was a team sport for the mods.Enjoy your red card. ;)

Oh, and BTW, I was around LONG before you came on the boards. n00b. ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 04:37 PM
http://media.diywelder.net/northern4x4images/uploads/file_info/thumbs/th_post-1-67835-congrats_this_thread_is_gay.jpg

The Maestro
11/2/2008, 04:38 PM
If anyone wants to send me red or blue or green or yellow or whatever, I don't and never have given a damn. But this thread is just another example of its author having this "I'm an internet message board badass!".

The point of the thread is folks who talk the premise of college football like they do in Austin, L.A., Jacksonville, Happy Valley, Lubbock, Stillwater and Tuscaloosa are small time for considering scenarios that would end up with OU playing for the national title. It is the essence of this sport and how every week matters and every game counts.

But the mindset is not just at this level. In fact, for an example, I go way back in history to my first remembrance of it. I was a huge Sixers fan back in the early 80's while my dad loved the Celtics. Watching Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals in the Garden a year after Philly blew a 3-1 series lead, they were on the verge of doing it again. But Philly pulled away late and was headed to face the Lakers that year for the title. I remember the Boston fans, realizing their season was over, stood up and started yelling, "Beat L.A.! Beat L.A.!" It was a cool site and the Celtic fans had chosen their team to root for in the Finals.

The nature of cheering for or against teams that can help your team has always happened and always will...not just from Sooner fans that bri deems embarrassing, aggyish and redneck in nature. It makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to go on a message board and talk about all the topics you hate...who cares? Move on to another topic. You keep being that self-proclaimed interlink stallion and the rest of us will be fans how we want, not how we are ordered to be.

I exercise my right to talk about what I want and...well...you can exercise, too. And your rights.

Sooner Eclipse
11/2/2008, 04:40 PM
Enjoy your red card. ;)

Oh, and BTW, I was around LONG before you came on the boards. n00b. ;)

Dont think so - been following this board since 96 - you were still pulling your own pud in junior high

the_ouskull

Oh, GOD, no. I want for US to be OSU's loss. I don't want to hope for someone else to do OUR job. That's Aggy. That's Whorn. I want to root for US to do our job and break their dumb Aggy hearts.

the_ouskull

Tulsa_Fireman
If you take the words 'gay', 'fag', and 'homo', you can make a NEW word by combining them together! Like arts and crafts, but with WORDS!

Like this.

Gay, fag, gayfag. Fag, homo, faghomo.

Gayfag, faghomo, gayfaghomo.

Gayfaomo. Gayfamo. Gafamo.

Sprinkled with flavor, words will be delicious!

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:41 PM
Holy crap, Brad Johnson is a bad quarterback.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:41 PM
Dont think so - been following this board since 96 - you were still pulling your own pud in junior highHA!

Uhm...hardly. But thanks for sayin' I look good for my age. ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 04:42 PM
gafamo

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:43 PM
Oh, GOD, no. I want for US to be OSU's loss. I don't want to hope for someone else to do OUR job. That's Aggy. That's Whorn. I want to root for US to do our job and break their dumb Aggy hearts.

the_ouskullWell, I KNEW you'd get it, Skull. ;)

Sooner Eclipse
HA!

Uhm...hardly. But thanks for sayin' I look good for my age. ;)

Too bad you dont act your age.

tommieharris91

the_ouskull

I personally want to go to the Big XII CCG this season. Thus, I want Tech to win. OSU winning at Tech pretty much eliminates us without a surprise Texass loss.

LosAngelesSooner
Too bad you dont act your age.LMAO!!!!

:D:D:D

Grrrrrrrrreat comeback, Tiger. ;)

By the way, you're in the running for "Hypocritical Post of the Year" for calling ME out on calling a n00b out when your avatar is the Pope calling out n00bs. :D Hypocrite.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 04:45 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/surprise-buttsecks.jpg

My Opinion Matters
It's hilarious and downright baffling to me that people care so much about spek.

the_ouskull
I don't see a problem with the disagreeing with anyone as long as they do it in a polite manner.

I see a problem with disagreeing with people in a polite manner, but that's truly just me. The way I see it, if someone is dumb enough to think something that I don't think, then they deserve to be publically proven wrong and stuff anyway. The world would be a lot easier to navigate if people just deferred to those who are more intelligenter than themselves. I know a LOT of people who could do worse than to have me do their thinking for them, that's fo' sho'.

the_ouskull

Sooner Eclipse
11/2/2008, 04:46 PM
It wasn't a comeback - it's commentary on your childish behavior.

The Maestro
11/2/2008, 04:46 PM
Don't they have private messaging for these kinda things?

"YOU suck! No, you suck! No, you suck suckier! No you are the SUCKIEST! You suck infinity!"

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.rocklibrary.com/images/EntityImages/2100/2134/LL%20Cool%20J1.jpg

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

My Opinion Matters
11/2/2008, 04:50 PM
Don't they have private messaging for these kinda things?

"YOU suck! No, you suck! No, you suck suckier! No you are the SUCKIEST! You suck infinity!"

Yeah, and check your PM's you sorry suck-***.

;)

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 04:54 PM
It wasn't a comeback - it's commentary on your childish behavior.A weak comeback followed by a weak dodge. Genius. ;)

Sooner Eclipse
11/2/2008, 04:57 PM
A weak comeback followed by a weak dodge. Genius. ;)

Nevermind, you haven't made it outta junior high yet.

okiewaker
11/2/2008, 04:59 PM
Lol

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 04:59 PM
You know what I cant take anymore? The fact that a team (florida) is ranked 5th ahead of us and texas, and lost to an unranked team.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 05:01 PM
Nevermind, you haven't made it outta junior high yet.And you can't talk your way out of the corner I backed you into. :D

Wee! This is fun! :D

My Opinion Matters
11/2/2008, 05:03 PM
The internet was sort of a bad idea, I think.

Collier11
11/2/2008, 05:03 PM
And you can't talk your way out of the corner I backed you into. :D

Dont kid yourself, you lost a long time ago...OK, now im outta here

jkjsooner
11/2/2008, 05:04 PM

the_ouskull

This is not a criticism but instead just an observation....

I interpret your statement to mean that you put more value in breaking the Aggie's hearts than you do in us being able to play for the conference championship.

Sure, strange things could happen and Texas could lose another game but that is highly improbable. If OSU beats Tech then our chances are very slim.

Sooner Eclipse
11/2/2008, 05:06 PM
And you can't talk your way out of the corner I backed you into. :D

sphinctersayswhat????? Go bait somebody else fool. Why don't you troll an SC board. You seem to fit in well with those self important jackasses.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 05:09 PM
sphinctersayswhat????? Go bait somebody else fool. Why don't you troll an SC board. You seem to fit in well with those self important jackasses.Why don't you answer the two questions I asked you?

Oh, yeah. Because they reveal you to be a hypocrite and expose you. Gotcha. Carry on with the attacks. ;)

freshchris05
11/2/2008, 05:13 PM
The internet was sort of a bad idea, I think.

heh... i concur

The Maestro
11/2/2008, 05:16 PM
If you always have to get in the last word, your first words weren't good enough...

Harry Beanbag
11/2/2008, 05:21 PM
Acting like a jackhole when you haven't been around long enough to earn the right to act like a jackhole is not.

Thank God you've been around long enough to earn the right to act like a jackhole. :rolleyes: ;) :) :D :confused: :P :eek: :pop:

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 05:21 PM
Thank God you've been around long enough to earn the right to act like a jackhole. :rolleyes: ;) :) :D :confused: :P :eek: :pop:
Oui! I do my best, Misseur!!! ;)

olevetonahill
11/2/2008, 05:26 PM
Oui! I do my best, Misseur!!! ;)

And you do a Dayum Fine Jorb , Ya Jackhole ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2008, 05:27 PM
It started bad and went downhill from there.

Just so we are clear...if we hope for outcomes in other games that help the sooners then we aren't really fans and we need to be apologized for...also the reason for this is because Tulsa lost yesterday?

Got it.

Rogue
11/2/2008, 05:35 PM
Monsieur.

Just sayin'.

;)

badger
11/2/2008, 05:36 PM
Rather than talk about which teams need to win and which teams need to lose, I prefer to think about a sole scenario, where OU wins all the games the rest of this season.

:) bliss, sweet and utter bliss... :)

:D

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2008, 05:43 PM
OK, I'll throw my .02 in since I've grown tired of the slap fight threadjack. Guess some people never progressed past a 6th grade maturity level, but anyway...

It's one thing to hope for certain teams to lose so that it improves OU's standing in the BCS. Of course we're going to be happy that Texas lost last night. Because had they won, they would have run the gauntlet and would have had a much easier road to the National Championship Game from here on out. And had they done so, I would have tipped my hat to them.

I think it is possible to respect a team but still wish for a loss. We do it all the time in other sports and I make no apologies for rooting against Texas last night.

Where I draw the line is with fans who think it's a traveshamockery for USC, Florida, Texas, Penn State, etc. to possibly be rated higher than OU.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season, whatever may come. If we run the table, win the Big 12, but still get left out, we get left out. If we get into the BCS title game in Miami, we get in.

Just like last year, there's going to be more deserving teams that get left out than deserving teams that get in.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 05:48 PM
Monsieur.

Just sayin'.

;)MORE proof that I'm not a dirty Lib! :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 05:51 PM
OK, I'll throw my .02 in since I've grown tired of the slap fight threadjack. Guess some people never progressed past a 6th grade maturity level, but anyway...

It's one thing to hope for certain teams to lose so that it improves OU's standing in the BCS. Of course we're going to be happy that Texas lost last night. Because had they won, they would have run the gauntlet and would have had a much easier road to the National Championship Game from here on out. And had they done so, I would have tipped my hat to them.

I think it is possible to respect a team but still wish for a loss. We do it all the time in other sports and I make no apologies for rooting against Texas last night.

Where I draw the line is with fans who think it's a traveshamockery for USC, Florida, Texas, Penn State, etc. to possibly be rated higher than OU.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season, whatever may come. If we run the table, win the Big 12, but still get left out, we get left out. If we get into the BCS title game in Miami, we get in.

Just like last year, there's going to be more deserving teams that get left out than deserving teams that get in.
I agree with everything in this post.

olevetonahill
11/2/2008, 06:09 PM
Who asked you ?
I win

SouthFortySooner
11/2/2008, 06:10 PM
I agree with everything in this post.

You may. But does it embaress Bri? That is the standard.

Widescreen
11/2/2008, 06:16 PM
When bri and LAS are considered the moral authority at sf.com, it's a sad day. Fortunately their roles seem to be self-appointed.

Crimson_Balls
11/2/2008, 06:20 PM
WOW!

Iam4OUru
11/2/2008, 07:13 PM
Lame thread....

Did I get put in "time out" or somethin' for this comment?

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 07:27 PM
When bri and LAS are considered the moral authority at sf.com, it's a sad day. Fortunately their roles seem to be self-appointed."Moral Authority?" Me? Oh, HELLZ no...I never claimed THAT!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2008, 09:25 PM
Oral authority.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 09:28 PM
I'll be dang if I can let this thread pass without posting in it...

...and done.

toast
11/2/2008, 09:39 PM
on the bright side, at least all of the bcs scenario threads are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than the "fire brent venables" threads.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 09:41 PM
on the bright side, at least all of the bcs scenario threads are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than the "fire brent venables" threads.

No way!

The fire BV threads > anything else.

Lott's Bandana
11/2/2008, 09:50 PM

Welcome to Bolivia.

Paved the way? (on an internet message board)

Did you storm Omaha Beach or something LAS?

Bri called out the entire board, n00bs and Overlord Vets alike...he can take it, m'thinks.

Boomer.....
11/2/2008, 09:51 PM
I'll be dang if I can let this thread pass without posting in it...

...and done.

heh

...and done.

tulsaoilerfan
11/2/2008, 10:06 PM

the_ouskull

Tech has to beat Aggy for us to have a chance for the 3 way tie we need, unless Texas loses again; oh wait, i'm not sure i'm allowed to say this :D

Johnny Utah
11/2/2008, 10:12 PM
Paved the way? (on an internet message board)

Did you storm Omaha Beach or something LAS?

Bri called out the entire board, n00bs and Overlord Vets alike...he can take it, m'thinks.

:D

MamaMia
11/2/2008, 10:48 PM
;)

mdklatt
11/2/2008, 11:18 PM
When I woke up today all's I could think of was how good Tech looked last night. Then I realized how good we looked against Nebraska.

The only thing I'm pissed off about today is that we win going away and drop in the polls. Who are these morrons that voted us down in the poll?

Alabama is undefeated. Penn State is undefeated. Texas Tech is undefeated. Florida's loss is worse than ours, but their win against Georgia is better than anything we've done. Texas has the same number of losses as us, and beat us head-to-head. Which of these teams should be ranked behind us?

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2008, 11:26 PM
I'd say our victory over TCU > Florida's victory over Georgia.

And I think TCU would beat Georgia straight up.