PDA

View Full Version : How good is the quality of play in the Big 12 south right now?

the_ouskull
11/2/2008, 10:51 AM
Well, ask yourselves... Would ANY of this surprise you?

-----

A Top 10 list of:

#3 Oklahoma
#4 Texas Tech
#5 Texas
#7 Oklahoma State

A Heisman Top 5 of:

(in no particular order)

- Crabtree; Tech
- Harrell; Tech
- Bradford; OU
- Bryant; OSU
- McCoy; Tejas

A Top 5 QB ratings list of:

#1 - Robinson; OSU
#2 - Bradford; OU
#3 - McCoy; Tejas

(which is what it will be if Tulsa's QB drops out of the #1 spot...)

A list of NCAA Division I Scoring Leaders that reads:

#1 - Oklahoma
#2 - Tech
#3 - Oklahoma State
#4 - Missouri
#5 - Tulsa

Also, Aggie Lite is in the Top 5 in rushing at #5, and both us and Tech are in the Top 5 in passing with Tech (before yesterday) at #1 and us at #3.

-----

Yeah, I'd say that all of that amounts to some fairly decent football being played in the Big 12 this season... No?

the_ouskull

SWFloridaSooner
11/2/2008, 11:09 AM
There is great football being played in the Big XII this season. I cannot remember the last time I actually believed that this many teams could play with us. It is good for us that the Big XII is this strong.

Charla
11/2/2008, 11:13 AM
What about Defense ?

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 11:16 AM
FIRE BRENT VENABLES!!!

the_ouskull
11/2/2008, 12:15 PM
If you want to research the defenses, feel free. Just leave OU's defense out of this. I'm having enough problems in my life without reading that horror novel.

the_ouskull

bluedogok
11/2/2008, 12:37 PM
What about Defense ?
Defenses suffer when the offenses are so good, look at the SEC, most of their offenses are not very good this year so the defenses shine. In the games that I have seen, offensive ineptitude has made the defenses look strong. The Big 12 offenses are well beyond what most of the SEC has to offer this season.

tulsaoilerfan
11/2/2008, 12:40 PM
Outside of Tebow, i don't think there's a QB in the SEC that could start for anyone in this conference except maybe at Colorado, and the receivers are not even in the same planet as the Big 12 except for Harvin and maybe Julio Jones

Fiatil
11/2/2008, 12:42 PM
Defenses suffer when the offenses are so good, look at the SEC, most of their offenses are not very good this year so the defenses shine. In the games that I have seen, offensive ineptitude has made the defenses look strong. The Big 12 offenses are well beyond what most of the SEC has to offer this season.

It's getting harder and harder for me to believe that SEC defense is just so world shattering whenever I see Florida put up a ridiculous amount of points on everybody after getting beat by Ole Miss. Florida's offense is good, but I don't think it's as good as ours, or as good as 3 or 4 other teams in the Big 12.