PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State and Texas Tech

ratedrsuperstar
11/2/2008, 07:02 AM
scare the crap out of me. We always lose a game to someone we shouldn't IMO, but both of these teams match up with the sooners very good. I just can't see our defense stopping their offense's. Our only hope is to out-score them and being I live in SEC county where defense is king, I personally don't like the WAC style of football the Big 12 has become.

Watch this board during any game or after any game and all you see is complaining about our defense, as bad as I hate it I think it will catch up with us again against one of these two teams and seal our fate.

kevpks
11/2/2008, 07:41 AM
OSU and Tech should be scared of us. We are likely to hang 60 on one or both of them.

OU-HSV
11/2/2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I admit that both of these games concern me. Quite honestly, I've been a bit concerned all season about them.
But we can score just as much and I believe we will outscore both teams. Tech's D finally showed some soft spots last night, so that made me feel better about being able to light their D up. And although sheephumpers looked good against texass, I think just the same, they showed soft spots on their D. The catch is going to be can our D stop these teams a couple more times than their D can potentially stop our O?
My answer at this point it....yes.

I'm glad we have Tech in Norman, and even with the drooling, screaming (or squealing ;) :D sheephumping fans in stoolwater....I think we'll stop them just enough to win.

So I'm calling it now
(let's not look past playing in college station either)
OU 47 tex aggies 20
OU 58 taco tech 45
OU 49 farmhands 38

Blitzkrieg
11/2/2008, 07:52 AM
we will name the score against Tech. fOrcloSUre state will be the tough one, but we can do it.

1890MilesToNorman
11/2/2008, 07:55 AM
Next Saturday should be interesting with these two shooting it out, if the pokes can tak'em out we are sitting pretty.

OU-HSV
11/2/2008, 07:56 AM
Although Impressed with sheephumpers vs. texass...I thought that Robinson made some bad decisions when he had pressure on him. Seemed like he ran out of bounds a few times instead of throwing the ball away, stuff like that.
If we can get consistent pressure on Robinson, and if we can limit his ground game, they'll be in trouble.

OU-HSV
11/2/2008, 07:57 AM
Next Saturday should be interesting with these two shooting it out, if the pokes can tak'em out we are sitting pretty.

We don't want the pokes to beat them, right? We need tech to keep winning.
For the 3 way tie to happen. Cause if we end up in a two way tie w/texass they'll win the tiebreaker since they beat us, correct?

1890MilesToNorman
11/2/2008, 08:01 AM
For the 3 way tie to happen

You are right, don't know where my head was. oh yea, now I remember. It friggin hurts from last night.

Sorry, no more posting for me until the fuzz goes away.

OU-HSV
11/2/2008, 08:09 AM
You are right, don't know where my head was. oh yea, now I remember. It friggin hurts from last night.

Sorry, no more posting for me until the fuzz goes away.

Ha, no big deal, I just wanted to be sure I understood it all correct.

Guess the main thing is, let's get past the aggies next week. Then we'll see what happens

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
11/2/2008, 08:25 AM
Tech doesn't worry me as much as OSU does. Tech is a different team on the road when they don't have the refs on their side. State looks really good. That game being in Stillwater is what worries me. If the game was in Norman not as much. My concern is this, OU has only been tested in the second half once this season, Texas. And we all know how that ended. I worry that if OU isn't able to blow out the pokes in the first half that when it comes to crunch time the team won't know how or will be unable to keep the intensity up for a full four quarters. Should be a good game. I'm heading to stillwater so I know that there will be at least a little crimson amoung the inmates

sooner518
11/2/2008, 09:28 AM
Tech doesn't worry me as much as OSU does. Tech is a different team on the road when they don't have the refs on their side. State looks really good. That game being in Stillwater is what worries me. If the game was in Norman not as much. My concern is this, OU has only been tested in the second half once this season, Texas. And we all know how that ended. I worry that if OU isn't able to blow out the pokes in the first half that when it comes to crunch time the team won't know how or will be unable to keep the intensity up for a full four quarters. Should be a good game. I'm heading to stillwater so I know that there will be at least a little crimson amoung the inmates

agreed. We just dont flat out lose at home and I dont see us losing to Tech. At Aggy is a different story.

I'm also worried about Aggy beating sand aggie next week. I feel like those little pricks would get more enjoyment out of hurting our Big 12 title hopes than helping their own.

okienole3
11/2/2008, 09:38 AM
Let's get past the nutgrabbers first fellas.

soonermagicgirl
11/2/2008, 09:41 AM
For the 3 way tie to happen. Cause if we end up in a two way tie w/texass they'll win the tiebreaker since they beat us, correct?

Here is the recap from a radio show I listened to.

Tech needs to beat OSU
OU needs to beat Tech and OSU

That gives a 3-way tie between Texas, OU, Tech. It will become a wash.

WHoever has the highest ranking, between the three, in the BCS will go to the big 12 champ game.