PDA

View Full Version : Austin Box

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2008, 12:27 AM
I know we were all over Neb before they knew what hit them and that certainly relaxed the defense but it looked like Box was flying around out there.

mightysooner
11/2/2008, 12:29 AM
He should be a good one once he get's used to playing again.

Boomer38Sooner
11/2/2008, 12:29 AM
Totally agree. I watched him on a couple of fans and he looked like he had gained that step back that he didn't have at K-State. There was one time when they ran a sweep play to the left and he flew in there like a man possessed and made a great tackle.

mightysooner
11/2/2008, 12:34 AM
I admit I spent most of my time on the Texas game rolling the chicken bones and chanting with the incense burning behind me.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 12:37 AM
Box played well I thought. Several plays I saw I was like, "Nice, that was pretty good play......hey that was Box. Nice!" The guy has talent, he just needs time to get accustomed to the position. I was especially proud of our defense today. The husker TD with 21 seconds left on backups means nothing. They score on the first drive after halftime, and that was it on our starters. Venables had good halftime adjustments. Nebraska had some good drives that I wasn't happy with but I am happy with our D overall. It was a nicely played game by the whole team. I wish Jimmy Stevens wouldn't have missed the PAT, but this season he has to kick alot of them. Heck, Hartly missed like 3 his last year. Good game Sooners!

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 12:41 AM
I was REALLY happy with our defense's great start. 3 turnovers as fast as we got them gave us great field position (of course we scored on one of those), and those turnovers put the game out of reach in the first 7 minutes.