PDA

View Full Version : Muschamp being thrown under whornbus

douxpaysan
11/2/2008, 12:09 AM
High comedy over on hornfans just now.:D

mightysooner
11/2/2008, 12:10 AM
I thought he made good halftime adjustments and they played well defensively in the second half. Their offense is what lost that game for them so that's who should be thrown under the bus if anybody. I didn't think Texas played badly in the second half.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 12:11 AM
I enjoy watching fans throw their DC under the bus. ;)

Rogue
11/2/2008, 12:14 AM
hf.com either no longer recognizes my username/password of I've been permabaned or I'm too drunk to type.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 12:18 AM
Somebody negged me here for attempting to register there so I could get on their board. Didn't know we weren't supposed to post on other people's boards. Whatever.

douxpaysan
11/2/2008, 12:19 AM
I enjoy watching fans throw their DC under the bus. ;)I was thinking the same thing Bill. It wasn't Mussie's fault they were getting injuries and losing their defensive leadership, for that matter was it Venables fault?...muh...the BV haters won't be appeased.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 12:20 AM
I was thinking the same thing Bill. It wasn't Mussie's fault they were getting injuries and losing their defensive leadership, for that matter was it Venables fault?...muh...the BV haters won't be appeased.:rolleyes:

No, I really do enjoy it, as I'm one of the BV haters. ;) :)

edit....I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he's getting the job done.

Widescreen
11/2/2008, 12:20 AM
There are still a lot of people over there acknowledging that the offense is what cost them the game. Oh, and their dufus freshman db who didn't intercept that pass at the end of the game. :D

salth2o
11/2/2008, 12:43 AM
hf.com either no longer recognizes my username/password of I've been permabaned or I'm too drunk to type.

I guess teh latter! :D

sooner59
11/2/2008, 12:47 AM
There are still a lot of people over there acknowledging that the offense is what cost them the game. Oh, and their dufus freshman db who didn't intercept that pass at the end of the game. :D

I love that guy! He will never forgive himself for that...por guy. Too bad I don't care. :D

RedstickSooner
11/2/2008, 12:59 AM
Somebody negged me here for attempting to register there so I could get on their board. Didn't know we weren't supposed to post on other people's boards. Whatever.

But... Don't lots of Soonerfans regulars have a registration on Whornfans so they can go a-mocking from time to time?

You didn't end your post with, "Oh, and by the way, I love the horns! Hail satan! OU sucks!", did you?

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 01:01 AM

Who was it? I need a reason to go neg somebody. :D

sooner59
11/2/2008, 01:05 AM
But... Don't lots of Soonerfans regulars have a registration on Whornfans so they can go a-mocking from time to time?

You didn't end your post with, "Oh, and by the way, I love the horns! Hail satan! OU sucks!", did you?

Nope, I just said that they wouldn't let me register and several people had a problem with the fact that I was taking up space on the board.

boomersooner28
11/2/2008, 01:06 AM
It sucks to be a defensive coordinator in the Big 12 right now.

The end.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 01:06 AM

It was a regular on here, which surprised me. It was "bri". But its cool whatever, I never registered and I never negged back, I just went on with my life.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 01:09 AM
It was a regular on here, which surprised me. It was "bri". But its cool whatever, I never registered and I never negged back, I just went on with my life.

Bri cared enough to neg you for trying to register on the whorns board? Huh...beats me, and yeah I don't wanta neg him -- he's got a ginormous hammer.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 01:15 AM
Bri cared enough to neg you for trying to register on the whorns board? Huh...beats me, and yeah I don't wanta neg him -- he's got a ginormous hammer.

Its ok, after over 600 posts im still a n00b so I get what I get. I have too much respect for bri's posts to have a problem. I have way more speks than negs so its all good.

Frozen Sooner
11/2/2008, 01:21 AM
I think you got negged for complaining about not being able to register on HornFans here. Not for trying to register on HornFans.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 01:35 AM
I think you got negged for complaining about not being able to register on HornFans here. Not for trying to register on HornFans.

Um...ok. Sorry. It won't happen again. I didn't register and am not going to register and this will be the last that anyone hears about it. But for the record, I was "complaining" in hopes that someone would let me know how they did register since I explained my situation (I assume you read that thread). They never did, so I guess I should have just asked. Nobody did, they just negged me. Just wondered on this thread why it was ok to even be on their board given my situation, and that I didn't understand why I was negged. You have to learn as you go, just like Austin Box today....props to him. He is getting better.

By the way Rich, im not trying to be a tool, just wanting to explain the situation since you commented on it.

Frozen Sooner
11/2/2008, 01:37 AM
OK. You've explained. I don't think you're a tool.

And you are correct, Box did a better job in pass coverage today for sure. We were still getting beat up a bit in the run game between the tackles, but he was doing a good job of not going for the pick on every play.

DangTire
11/2/2008, 02:19 AM
It sucks to be a defensive coordinator in the Big 12 right now.

The end.

Especially when you're incompetent at your job.

adoniijahsooner
11/2/2008, 06:32 AM
I love that guy! He will never forgive himself for that...por guy. Too bad I don't care. :D

suicide watch?

badger
11/2/2008, 09:13 AM
The real problem was the offense and their permacase of WR dropsies in the first half that led to a 19-0 score.

PLaw
11/2/2008, 10:03 AM
High comedy over on hornfans just now.:D

Yeah, I was wondering when the Muschamp love-fest would end.

BOOMER

stoopified
11/2/2008, 10:58 AM
Muschamp's D has been giving up tons of passing yards all year,I never understood the D genius label in the first place.

bluedogok
11/2/2008, 11:07 AM
Who hasn't been giving up big passing yards in the Big 12 this season?

Scott D
11/2/2008, 11:11 AM

oh, you mean both safeties one of which had the ball thrown to him, the other just had it deflected to him ;)

stoopified
11/2/2008, 11:22 AM
I just checked NCAA stats and OU is listed 90th in passing yards allowed.The kicker?TT,oSu ,and UT are ranked lower.UT is at #116.

Half a Hundred
11/2/2008, 11:31 AM
The real problem was the offense and their permacase of WR dropsies in the first half that led to a 19-0 score.

That, and McCoy still gets rattled easily when pass blocking breaks down. Creative blitzing could have saved our asses in Dallas.

The Maestro
11/2/2008, 11:35 AM
I knew that white freshman safety for the horns was gonna be a weak link. I just predicted it against us, not TT. Dude may have dropped the national title.

stoopified
11/2/2008, 11:39 AM
For grins I lokked up the pass D rankings for all Big 12 teams(by yardage).

#72 Colorado
#79 aTm
#84 Nebraska
#89 K-State
#90 Oklahoma
#92 Ok State
#96 Baylor
#100 Texas Tech
#110 Kansas
#111 Iowa State
#113 Missou
#116 Texas

I'm thinking that either all pass defenses in the Big 12 suck or IMHO the passing offenses are extraordinary.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/2/2008, 12:02 PM
I knew that white freshman safety for the horns was gonna be a weak link. I just predicted it against us, not TT. Dude may have dropped the national title.I awarded him both a game ball and a helmet sticker!

bluedogok
11/2/2008, 12:07 PM
I just checked NCAA stats and OU is listed 90th in passing yards allowed.The kicker?TT,oSu ,and UT are ranked lower.UT is at #116.
Yep, the entire Big 12 is suffering because of the prolific offenses. Here are the rankings, there are 119 teams in Division 1A.

Total Defense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org)
54 Texas Tech
59 Oklahoma
62 Oklahoma St.
64 Texas
72 Colorado
76 Nebraska
82 Kansas
86 Missouri
92 Baylor
104 Texas A&M
108 Kansas St.
109 Iowa St.

Scoring Defense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamscordef&site=org)
36 Texas
39 Oklahoma St.
46 Texas Tech
51 Oklahoma
55 Missouri
68 Kansas
76 Baylor
80 Nebraska
82 Colorado
102 Texas A&M
107 Kansas St.
108 Iowa St.

Rushing Defense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org)
4 Texas
10 Texas Tech
30 Kansas
35 Oklahoma
36 Oklahoma St.
38 Missouri
67 Nebraska
78 Colorado
95 Iowa St.
104 Texas A&M
108 Kansas St.

Pass Defense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teampassdef&site=org)
72 Colorado
79 Texas A&M
84 Nebraska
89 Kansas St.
90 Oklahoma
92 Oklahoma St.
96 Baylor
100 Texas Tech
110 Kansas
111 Iowa St.
113 Missouri
116 Texas

..and now the offensive rankings to show your the defenses are so low ranked.

Total Offense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org)
2 Texas Tech
3 Oklahoma
6 Missouri
7 Oklahoma St.
9 Texas
18 Kansas
20 Nebraska
27 Kansas St.
48 Baylor
65 Texas A&M
71 Iowa St.
100 Colorado

Rushing Offense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamrush&site=org)
5 Oklahoma St.
33 Baylor
35 Oklahoma
39 Texas
53 Missouri
54 Nebraska
61 Kansas
70 Texas Tech
75 Iowa St.
79 Colorado
81 Kansas St.
102 Texas A&M

Passing Offense (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teampass&site=org)
1 Texas Tech
3 Oklahoma
4 Missouri
9 Texas
10 Kansas
13 Kansas St.
14 Nebraska
27 Texas A&M
38 Oklahoma St.
56 Iowa St.
77 Baylor
95 Colorado

the_ouskull
11/2/2008, 12:19 PM

Neg me. It won't leave a dent.

I mean, it might do something to my "respect" or my "street cred" or whatever, but I don't give a sh*t if you do it. :D

the_ouskull

Jacie
11/2/2008, 12:19 PM
I wonder if anyone on the Texas staff, Mack himself or the OC Greg Davis, acknowledges their role in losing to Tech. When Texas was inside the Tech 10 yard line and the clock was showing just over two minutes one of the network guys said Muschamp wished they would run more time off the clock before scoring, since Tech would need only a field goal to tie after a Texas TD and had demonstrated the ability to move the ball downfield quickly. This same topic is a somewhat heated thread over on hornfans.com. I realize there were other plays throughout the game that could have changed the outcome but the time issue was one the Texas staff had a measure of control over and didn't do anything about. McCoy even went out of bounds when he ran the ball inside the 5 yard line. Maybe Mack at some point in the drive should have called timeout (after sufficient clock had run) to tell Colt to let the play clock to run down before snapping the ball.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 12:27 PM
If the wind hadn't kicked up...they would have had that INT....

tulsaoilerfan
11/2/2008, 12:30 PM
Don't know why we are laughing about this because if this was Venables, we would all be doing the same damn thing

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 12:31 PM
Don't know why we are laughing about this because if this was Venables, we would all be doing the same damn thing

That's exactly why I am laughing about it. :D

SOONER STEAKER
11/2/2008, 12:40 PM
I think he did a pretty good job considering the injury to Orapko and dealing with true freshman in the d-backfield. I can't wait till Muschamp gets a HC job. Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 12:43 PM
I think he did a pretty good job considering the injury to Orapko and dealing with true freshman in the d-backfield. I can't wait till Muschamp gets a HC job. Tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough.

I insist that Venables get a head coaching job first! :P :D