PDA

View Full Version : Horsepigs

mdklatt
11/1/2008, 11:48 PM
Did anybody see the horsepigs messing around at the NW corner of the stadium, when for a minute it looked like one of them was dead and the other one was dragging it around? I thought to myself, "Hot damn! One down, one to go."

badger
11/1/2008, 11:57 PM
Sometimes it is necessary to beat the dead horse for it to indeed be dead ;)

SoonerGrant
11/2/2008, 12:06 AM
After nebish scored their first one I saw one horse pig and big red fighitng. I laughed pretty hard. I was hoping for one of those mascot bloopers you see all the time on tv, but it was just for show :(

SWFloridaSooner
11/2/2008, 09:26 AM
My daughters were at the game and they called me to see who to contact concerning what they thought was unsportsmanlike conduct by the man-horse-pigs. They said they were taunting Lil Red and running in and out of the cheerleaders during their cheers. Anybody else see anything like that?

Flagstaffsooner
11/2/2008, 10:27 AM
I saw a horse-pig slapping around the nu inflatale doll at one point on TV. Funny.

Big D Sooner
11/2/2008, 11:10 AM
Well, not to be rude, but they need to lighten up. They are mascots, they are supposed to act like idiots (For the record, I hate mascots in general).

My daughters were at the game and they called me to see who to contact concerning what they thought was unsportsmanlike conduct by the man-horse-pigs. They said they were taunting Lil Red and running in and out of the cheerleaders during their cheers. Anybody else see anything like that?

SWFloridaSooner
11/2/2008, 11:42 AM
Well, "not to be rude", but I raised them to be respectful fans. Mascots being funny is one thing but OU doesn't like it when other mascots are rude to us or our cheerleaders or roughnecks. I think if we want respect we should give it.

badger
11/2/2008, 11:46 AM
Well, "not to be rude", but I raised them to be respectful fans. Mascots being funny is one thing but OU doesn't like it when other mascots are rude to us or our cheerleaders or roughnecks. I think if we want respect we should give it.

While they appear to be fighting, they're actually joking about how much they are sweating and how hot and uncomfortable the costumes are.

Clobby
11/2/2008, 12:14 PM

And just so you know, the mascots are run by the people who the cheerleaders (Atheletic Department?) The Mascots do everything and go everywhere with the cheerleaders. Believe me, the mascots aren't gonna do anything to **** off our cheerleaders.

tulsaoilerfan
11/2/2008, 12:32 PM
Why does everyone hate the horsepigs?

SOONER STEAKER
11/2/2008, 12:36 PM
When dows 'HorsePeg' season start? :eek:

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 01:58 PM
OK...

I didn't like them replacing TopDawg.

It's done now though.

I can't tell which one is Boomer and which one is Sooner though. I know you can't tell the real ones apart unless your around them all the time or a Horse Aficionado but it would be cool if you could tell the Fluffy Mascots apart IMO.

Their act is getting better and I'm slowly beginning to accept the fact that they aren't going away anytime soon. If they are going to be Mascots for us...then I think we should cheer them on when they do something awesome.

As long as the other school is OK with what they do and the Big XII doesn't complain about them...I say they let em loose!

badger
11/2/2008, 02:02 PM

Reasons for Horsepig Hate:

1- They are the subject of rival scorn.
2- They replaced Top Dawg.
3- They once looked too much like pigs and not horses.
4- They now look too much like dragons and not horses.
5- If they didn't suck, they wouldn't keep changing them, but how can we get attached to and embrace something that keeps changing?

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 02:03 PM
5- If they didn't suck, they wouldn't keep changing them, but how can we get attached to and embrace something that keeps changing?

5 is why I made my post.

Good point.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/2/2008, 02:07 PM

1- They are the subject of rival scorn.
2- They replaced Top Dawg.
3- They once looked too much like pigs and not horses.
4- They now look too much like dragons and not horses.

6. They're stupid and redundant. We already had a mascot.

BigRedJed
11/2/2008, 04:51 PM
DIAF, horsepigs. Plzkthx.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 06:50 PM
At 11:20 of the 2nd qtr...NU scores their 1st TD...

You can see one horsepig between the legs of the blowup big red and the other one trying to knock him over....lol

They didn't get it.

Boomer.....
11/2/2008, 09:21 PM
They were pretty funny last night.

AzianSooner
11/2/2008, 10:32 PM
Sometimes it is necessary to beat the dead horse for it to indeed be dead ;)

Sir Badger,

I respectfully request you stop posting until your bet due to vapor. I truly like your intelligent experience assesment on OU football matter but our avatar and footnote just make me sick and headache.

Sincerely.

mdklatt
11/2/2008, 10:38 PM

They're a jinx and have brought much misfortunte to the athletic department since their arrival.