PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. A&M kickoff at 2:30

Jay C. Upchurch
11/1/2008, 11:41 PM
The Oklahoma at Texas A&M game kicks off at 2:30 p.m., on ABC.

per OU SID

aurorasooner
11/1/2008, 11:44 PM
Then ABC must have picked up Aggy vs Tceh as their primetime next week, because there's no way they're not going to show that game between 2 top 10 teams. (I'd just as soon us stay on ESPN or Fox, as long as it's a Fox night game w/o the yapper, than ABC regional coverage though.)

bri
11/1/2008, 11:44 PM
Heh, didn't take ESPN/ABC to jump all over that top-ten matchup of sand aggy and aggy. :D

badger
11/1/2008, 11:46 PM
:( well, looks like i'll be missing it due to volunteer work then :(

:) watch it twice as much to make up for my missing eyes!

yermom
11/1/2008, 11:54 PM
i was hoping it would be at 2:30 since i'm staying in Dallas

Paperclip
11/1/2008, 11:59 PM
Baylor at Texas 11:00 FSN
Iowa State at Colorado 12:30 Versus
Kansas State at Missouri 6:00 FSN
OSU at Tech 7:00 ABC

bri
11/2/2008, 12:17 AM
Dang. Next Saturday looks like a good time to catch up on my naps.

aurorasooner
11/2/2008, 12:30 AM
Baylor at Texas 11:00 FSN
Iowa State at Colorado 12:30 Versus
Kansas State at Missouri 6:00 FSN
OSU at Tech 7:00 ABC

It looks like well have ABC's 4th or 5th team announcing crew next week if that's the schedule, since ABC is showing 1/3 regional coverage next Saturday Night ND/Boston College and UCal at SUC are already announced as Saturday night games (unless they move one of those games to Saturday afternoon). I really don't GAS about NLame at BC but would like to watch UCal vs SUC. Hopefully all the Big 12 viewing area will get OU vs Aggie and Aggy vs Tech.
Poor Versus has to PU CU vs Iowa State. Why in the world they do that instead of KU at Nebraska? Iowa State must have someone in the Big 12 office on the take to get ISU's game today on ABC regional coverage and have their game at CU next week on Versus instead of KU/NU.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 12:30 AM
I'll be in College Station next Saturday at Kyle Field with my crimson on. Look for me in the Aggy student section, I should stick out like a sore thumb. The only tickets I could get was student tickets from a friend. They are gonna hate me when Sammy B. goes off on the Fightin' Shermans. If we score and they show aggy's student section, i'll be the guy cheering really hard. Boomer Sooner!

Paperclip
11/2/2008, 12:33 AM
We'll get Ron Franklin/Ed Cunningham.

salth2o
11/2/2008, 12:39 AM
I was going to make the trip to Collie Station but someone in The Redheads family is getting married that night in Austin. Freaking non-sports fans. April-August is for weddings...sheesh!!!

Just out of principle I am protesting and not going to the wedding, but I have to take the kids to soccer and volleyball.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 12:44 AM
I was going to make the trip to Collie Station but someone in The Redheads family is getting married that night in Austin. Freaking non-sports fans. April-August is for weddings...sheesh!!!

Just out of principle I am protesting and not going to the wedding, but I have to take the kids to soccer and volleyball.

Take the portable AM/FM radio so you can catch our game, that's what a true Sooner fan would do, hehe. If you cheer for a good play by us, just make your kids think you are cheering for them. They will think you are weird, but kids are like that so who cares. :D

Sooner74
11/2/2008, 12:46 AM
Don't worry 59 there are 2 bud and I sitting in the student section also. I'm not to enthused at the prospect of angry humping aggies.

salth2o
11/2/2008, 12:49 AM
Take the portable AM/FM radio so you can catch our game, that's what a true Sooner fan would do, hehe. If you cheer for a good play by us, just make your kids think you are cheering for them. They will think you are weird, but kids are like that so who cares. :D

That is a done deal! I may take my portable TV too.

adoniijahsooner
11/2/2008, 06:38 AM
We'll get Ron Franklin/Ed Cunningham.

not good

OU-HSV
11/2/2008, 07:21 AM
Confirmed:
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

Man, I wish they'd set the time for the Tech game...I need to know whether to book a hotel or not. They'll prob wait to see if Tech stays undefeated I guess

stoopified
11/2/2008, 09:23 AM
Works for me.

Sooner24
11/2/2008, 10:12 AM
Since I have been to every game home and away I decided to take a break for a couple of weekends and not go to A&M so 2:30 works out great for me.

Sooner24
11/2/2008, 10:14 AM
Confirmed:
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

Man, I wish they'd set the time for the Tech game...I need to know whether to book a hotel or not. They'll prob wait to see if Tech stays undefeated I guess

Book a motel and you are in BA?

I drove from Ardmore to Manhattan Kansas and back in the same day for an 11:00 kickoff last week. Not that it wasn't a long day but BA to Norman is nothing.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 12:23 PM
Any predictions on how much tickets would cost down there?

HoustonSooner23
11/3/2008, 02:25 PM
I'll be in College Station next Saturday at Kyle Field with my crimson on. Look for me in the Aggy student section, I should stick out like a sore thumb. The only tickets I could get was student tickets from a friend. They are gonna hate me when Sammy B. goes off on the Fightin' Shermans. If we score and they show aggy's student section, i'll be the guy cheering really hard. Boomer Sooner!

I will be there in the student section with you. Hopefully we will be the only two people standing in that section after about 5 minutes into the game.

setem
11/3/2008, 06:26 PM
We are playing at the same time Asians go to the dentist!

TOOTH HURTY!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!

bluedogok
11/3/2008, 07:15 PM
We don't get the game OTA in this part of Texas, I know the Dallas/Houston stations don't reach this far. so you can't pick it up with an AM/FM radio. You might be able to pick it up with a TV radio but those only seem to work about half the time. I don't know how well the Sirius portable would work, that is what I listen to in the car and at home.

OU-HSV
11/3/2008, 08:14 PM
Book a motel and you are in BA?

I drove from Ardmore to Manhattan Kansas and back in the same day for an 11:00 kickoff last week. Not that it wasn't a long day but BA to Norman is nothing.

Oh I've made the trip plenty of times. If it's an early game (like 11 am) we'll just leave b.a. early in the a.m. and drive back after the game.
The reason I went ahead and booked a hotel is that if it's a night game, the drive back to B.A. sucks at night after the games. I hate traffic, and that drive back is not for me at midnight or after. I always like to get a hotel that way after the game we can go to a sports bar, eat a late dinner and drink. It's always more fun to do that than to have a 2 hour (plus) drive after fighting traffic.

sooner59
11/3/2008, 08:49 PM
I will be there in the student section with you. Hopefully we will be the only two people standing in that section after about 5 minutes into the game.

I just figured being in Humble, TX, he might be able to pick up the A&M game broadcast.

psmith
11/4/2008, 02:24 PM
I'll be there.
Sec. 308
Way up high, but I'll still be there.

Anybody have a parking pass? I park in "P" section maybe we can tailgate??
Boomer Sooner!!

oupride
11/4/2008, 02:44 PM
Jay, is that 2:30 Eastern or Central time????

Jacie
11/7/2008, 06:59 AM
Saturday, November 30
3:30 pm ET
Kyle Field, College Station, TX

Line OU -27.5
O/U 69.5

OU 8-1, 3-0 away, 6-2 ATS
A&M 4-5, 2-4 home, 4-5 ATS

Injury Report
Oklahoma
R. Reynolds - Out of r the season (knee)
E. Mensik - Out indefinitely (ankle)
A. English - Out indefinitely (leg)
J. Nelson - Out of the week (knee)
M. Johnson - Probable Week 11 (elbow)
B. Eldridge - Probable Week 11 (ankle)

Texas A&M
R. Holland - Out for the season (concussion)
M. Goodson - Questionable Week 11 (knee)
R. Frost - Questionable Week 11 (concussion)

Streaks
OU: won 3
A&M: won 2

SoonerSince72
11/7/2008, 10:56 AM
In case anyone was wondering, ABC will NOT be broadcasting the OU vs. TAM game in High def. According to the local affiliate in OKC, ABC does not have the capacity to broadcast more than two games in HD and they chose two other games because, the OU game is "broadcast in such a small area by population."

What a CROC!

OU 52
TAM 17

BOOMER SOONER!!

1890MilesToNorman
11/7/2008, 11:02 AM
My choice for seeing this game is espn360.com. I won't be paying cash for Gameplan this week.

bluedogok
11/7/2008, 09:21 PM
That's because all of their HD equipment is busy at ESPN games........