PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 South champion flow chart

chad
11/1/2008, 11:20 PM
Kind of, I wrote the scenarios out, rather than trying to draw this cluster f out. :)
Did I miss anything?

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/tallguy108/Capture-4.gif

badger
11/1/2008, 11:29 PM
Dear OSU,

Please lose to Tech. We don't want you effing up our perfect three-way tie for first once we beat Tech. If you beat Tech and we beat Tech, we are back to a three-way tie for first with Texas, where everyone loses. So, for the sake of not being losers (which I know is remote to you), LOSE. :D

Dear Tech,
Stop being idiots by rushing the field before the game is over. I would laugh if I saw you all get pepper spray, body slammed and mauled by the Texas Rangers protecting Lee Corso right now... oh, and win against everyone except us. You owe us a championship game, punks. :mad:

Dear Texas,
You know, you'd solve a lot of problems by losing another game :P

Dear OU,
Just win. Don't think about anything else except winning. Just act like you did tonight and repeat that against everyone else. Win, win, win. And then win again. And again. :)

Dear A&M,
You are irrelevant unless you beat Texas, but since we know you can't and won't do that, just crawl into a little corner and hibernate until next season. :rolleyes:

Dear Baylor,
You almost beat Mizzou. Good for you. We are all happy for your modest attempt at success. However, you once again fell short and will likely fall short of a bowl berth once again. Well, see you later. (awkward moment) Have to get back to... you know, BCS talk and Big 12 South title flow charts and such... (another awkward pause) Yes. That type of stuff. :O

Sooner_Rog
11/1/2008, 11:57 PM
Trabe and Al said that we need Tech to win or we have no chance..What does that do to the chart?

boomersooner24
11/2/2008, 01:20 AM
If OU and Texas win out, and osu beats tech..then both osu and tech both have 2 losses, and OU and texas would have 1....Texas goes to CCG...Tech must beat the sheep humpers!

chad
11/2/2008, 01:21 AM
Trabe and Al said that we need Tech to win or we have no chance..What does that do to the chart?
If Tech loses to OSU (I assume that's what you're talking about) then the following is present.

Texas 1 loss
OSU 1 loss
OU 1 loss
Tech 1 loss
4 way tie

The next weeken, OU v Tech and we'll assume we win
Texas 1 loss
OU 1 loss
OSU 1 loss
3 way tie

Then it goes to OU v OSU against assuming we win
Texas 1 loss
OU 1 loss
Texas wins the Big 12

Damn, you're right. Tech MUST win next weekend.
(goes to edit flow chart)

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2008, 01:58 AM
Wreck em tech. Beat the aggots.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 02:03 AM

What the hell do those two crackheads know?

I went by their booth today...

It's all I can do to keep from tossing a big bag of cow manure into the their trailer...Tramel was in there with them too.

Soonerus
11/2/2008, 02:08 AM
Tech needs to win out, except lose to OU...otherwise it is not a 3-way tie and without that OU has no chance...if OU and Texas tie Texas wins head-to-head ...three way it is highest BCS ranking which will be OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2008, 02:37 AM
Crabtree dropped the winning TD pass in the endzone last year in Stoolwater. I hope he has a monster game next week to make up for it :D

tru2ou
11/2/2008, 09:12 AM
I think people forget that Texas still has to go to Kansas and play. While I don't think Kansas is a world beater, I do think Texas struggles on the road and if they've lost Cosby and/or Orakpo for the year, that game is not a guaranteed win.

- tru

Jacie
11/2/2008, 12:50 PM
Perusing hornfans.com have noticed two posts (so far) about winning the Big XII South that show that Texas fans haven't dealt with the tie-breaker scenarios yet.

They understand that Texas needs a win by OSU over TT but after that can't see that if Tech wins, it comes down to Oklahoma or Tech going to Kansas City (assuming the winner of that game wins out), not them.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 01:18 PM
We will be the highest team without doubt if we force a 3 way tie. Beating a ranked Tech and Ranked Ok State will help so much..

Sooner Eclipse
11/2/2008, 04:04 PM
Got this off of the texas board.

Looks to be dead on - we need TTU to beat oSu and we need to wipe the field with TTU.

In that scenario we would be ahead of TTU by virtue of the win. And should leap uterus in the BCS by virtue of beating tech and oSu. This assumes we are already behind ut in the BCS.

http://heismanpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/big-12-south-flowchart-image.gif

Dan Thompson
11/2/2008, 06:28 PM
I've checked things out and it is too early for me to say what happens. I think I will know more in a couple of weeks.