5. Texas
6. UF
7. USC
8. OSU
9. Boise
10. Utah

soonerinabilene
11/1/2008, 11:22 PM
Tech will be either 3, or with Penn State being off and in the Big 10, possibly number 2. They did just beat number 1, and deserve to be ahead of us at the moment. And Texas probably wont fall that far, we didnt when they beat us. They could very likely be 4th and push us to 5th.

spatton713
11/1/2008, 11:24 PM
1 bama
2 penn state
3 OU
4 tech
5 florida
6 texas

guaranteed

tigepilot
11/1/2008, 11:26 PM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. T Tech
4. Texas
5. OU
6. Florida
7. SUC
8. OSUx
9. B**** State
10. Utah

I don't think you can leave a still undefeated tech behind OU at this point when they beat the team that beat OU.

Texas lost a very close game on the road so I'm putting them ahead of OU for now (when OU beats Tech I can revise that).

Since71ASooner4Life
11/1/2008, 11:26 PM
Tech will be either 3, or with Penn State being off and in the Big 10, possibly number 2. They did just beat number 1, and deserve to be ahead of us at the moment. And Texas probably wont fall that far, we didnt when they beat us. They could very likely be 4th and push us to 5th.

I think you are right on the money

starclassic tama
11/1/2008, 11:29 PM
you people really think we will be ahead of an undefeated tech team who beat texas?

bri
11/1/2008, 11:30 PM
1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. OU
5. Florida
6. Texas
7. USC
8. aggy
9. Boise State
10. TCU

-Even though they were less than impressive, 'Bama most likely ekes out the top spot since voters will have the fallback logic that with games remaining against aggy and OU, Tech will have ample opportunity to make up the last little bit and jump to number one.

-The only reason I have Texas falling as far as sixth is that the voters will want to reward Florida for donkey-punching their preseason #1, so I couldn't put them at five. I think OU is safe at number four since the voters will be duly impressed that we routed the team that pushed Tech to overtime. Which, of course, was exactly what we were counting on as we kept the starters in long enough to break 60. :D

-Utah only beat New Mexico 13-10, so they will probably drop out of the top ten in favor of TCU, which won by 30 today. And Boise State continues to dominate their sh*tty, sh*tty conference en route to a top ten ranking.

-USC and aggy did what they were supposed to do today, so they get to just stay right where they are.

tommieharris91
11/1/2008, 11:37 PM
1. Alabama
2. Texas Tech
3. Florida
4. Oklahoma
5. Penn State
6. Texas
7. Oklahoma State
8. Southern Cal
9. Boise State
10. TCU

That's the way I see it. That won't be the way the polls see it, though.

sooneron
11/1/2008, 11:41 PM
1. Bammer (that's two championships they can claim for this year!)
2. Paterno U
3. teck (it sorta makes sense seeing as how ut was a dropped int from winning even though they played like carp)
4. UTerus
5. OU
6. UFla
7. UniversityofSpoiledChildren
8. orange aggy
9. TCU
10. Potato aggy

Okie35
11/1/2008, 11:48 PM
we are staying at 4th... texas will go to like 6th or 7th... they lost to a 7th ranked team and nobody else lost this weekend in the top 5...

tommieharris91
11/1/2008, 11:55 PM
Man... I don't know where to put this, but LOL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/2wnwdhv.gif

Sooner_09
11/2/2008, 12:06 AM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Florida
5. Texass
6. Oklahoma
7. SUC
8. Oklahoma State
9. Utah
10. Boise State

bri
11/2/2008, 12:14 AM

Good lord, Biz Markie is f*cking the hell out of that poor bell.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 12:19 AM
you people really think we will be ahead of an undefeated tech team who beat texas?

No way.

Widescreen
11/2/2008, 12:22 AM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Florida
5. Texass
6. Oklahoma
7. SUC
8. Oklahoma State
9. Utah
10. Boise State
I see us at #6 too. They won't drop texas behind us so soon after they beat us and UFla will get rewarded for beating down overrated Georgia.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 12:25 AM
Corso just said OU was the 2nd best team in the country right now. Hmmm.

Check that Corso had us at 4, he just said it weird. But ill still take 4 right now.

salth2o
11/2/2008, 12:29 AM

Put these two together and you have the beginnings of a great circle jerk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57M3rKfYnpg&feature=related

Does Tech have something against lefties?

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 12:36 AM
Put these two together and you have the beginnings of a great circle jerk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57M3rKfYnpg&feature=related

Does Tech have something against lefties?

Here's that GIF:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/trilbo/bellringer.gif

PalmBeachSooner1
11/2/2008, 12:45 AM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. T Tech
4. Texas
5. OU
6. Florida
7. SUC
8. OSUx
9. B**** State
10. Utah

I don't think you can leave a still undefeated tech behind OU at this point when they beat the team that beat OU.

Texas lost a very close game on the road so I'm putting them ahead of OU for now (when OU beats Tech I can revise that).

I think you are dead on with this.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 12:52 AM
BTW....the whorns didn't just lose a close game on the road...they went into Lubbock favored to win. They were behind the entire game and got up by 1 point with a minute and a half left.

The touted Heisman Prospect did his job....but the whorn defense folded.

McCoy failed to outscore the opponent and threw an interception that was returned for a TD.

texas was lucky to beat us IMO.

They suck ballz and I'm glad they choked to sand aggie tonight.

Okie35
11/2/2008, 01:19 AM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Florida
5. Texass
6. Oklahoma
7. SUC
8. Oklahoma State
9. Utah
10. Boise State

yea thats probably right and if we win out we will jump texas...

OU_Sooners75
11/2/2008, 01:22 AM

We did not fall as far because not only did we lose, but the #2 & #3 all lost that week too! Not to mention a few teams ranked from 6-10 also lost that same weekend.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 01:58 AM
We did not fall as far because not only did we lose, but the #2 & #3 all lost that week too! Not to mention a few teams ranked from 6-10 also lost that same weekend.

Not only that...

But just like the experts say...it's better to lose earlier than in late October or November.

Fraggle145
11/2/2008, 04:14 AM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. T Tech
4. Texas
5. OU
6. Florida
7. SUC
8. OSUx
9. B**** State
10. Utah

Yep.

adoniijahsooner
11/2/2008, 06:29 AM
This is stupid, not the post, but the fact that we can win 62-21, with alot more to spare, and still have possibility of falling in the polls. No one finds this crap disturbing? Herb, May, Corso, and Holtz, basically decides who plays for the championship each year.

Chuck Bao
11/2/2008, 06:37 AM
This is stupid, not the post, but the fact that we can win 62-21, with alot more to spare, and still have possibility of falling in the polls. No one finds this crap disturbing? Herb, May, Corso, and Holtz, basically decides who plays for the championship each year.

What's hard to understand that TT should jump us in the polls? It will all work out. We will have our chance to beat TT and OSU and regain that ground.

MiccoMacey
11/2/2008, 07:28 AM

I can see us dropping...it's not always just win and move up.

Tech's undefeated and beat the team that beat us. How anyone could not put them above us is rediculous.

Texas is 8-1 like us, and they beat us. Putting them behind us...kind of crazy.

Florida had a better win today than we did. They absolutely crushed a tough #6 Georgia team. I can see them jumping us. If this were reversed, and Florida beat a Vandy like we beat Nebraska while we beat a Texas Tech or OSU like they beat Georgia, a lot of people would be calling for us to jump Florida.

I wouldn't be surprised to see USC make some ground on us since they beat the same UW team we beat, and they did it better than we did.

1. Alabama
2. Tech
3. Penn State
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. OU
7. USC
8. OSU

kevpks
11/2/2008, 07:45 AM
All of this comparing opponents stuff can go too far. Saying that USC beat Washington "better" than we did is a little much. Washington was a little stronger when we played them and hadn't packed in their season yet. Comparing one blowout to another doesn't make a lot of sense. USC has done nothing to distinguish themselves by playing in that joke of a conference.

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2008, 08:05 AM
1. Bamer
2. Tech
3. Leader of the Little 10
4. Texas
5. OU
6. Florida

And I have a question for those of you thinking that a team that hangs 63 points on it's opposition will drop two spots in the polls.

Can I have what you're smoking? :D

TMcGee86
11/2/2008, 08:21 AM
I can see us dropping...it's not always just win and move up.

Tech's undefeated and beat the team that beat us. How anyone could not put them above us is rediculous.

Texas is 8-1 like us, and they beat us. Putting them behind us...kind of crazy.

Florida had a better win today than we did. They absolutely crushed a tough #6 Georgia team. I can see them jumping us. If this were reversed, and Florida beat a Vandy like we beat Nebraska while we beat a Texas Tech or OSU like they beat Georgia, a lot of people would be calling for us to jump Florida.

I wouldn't be surprised to see USC make some ground on us since they beat the same UW team we beat, and they did it better than we did.

1. Alabama
2. Tech
3. Penn State
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. OU
7. USC
8. OSU

exactly how i see it. :(

MichiganSooner
11/2/2008, 08:55 AM
1 Texas Tech
2 Alabama
3 Penn State
4 OU
5 Texas

Tech deserves #1 until we beat them in Norman.

fadada1
11/2/2008, 08:59 AM
heck, i'm a florida alumni along with OU, but UF's loss to ole miss is a crap load worse than losing to the horns. and usc losing to a bad team that PSU put eleventy billion on... is inexcusable. whoever puts UF and those f*cktards from sothern cal ahead of us should have their journalism degree revoked.

Socrefbek
11/2/2008, 09:14 AM
OU will be 5th.

saxeT lots to undefeated #7 and beat OU on a neutral field. They drop to 4th.
OU lost to undefeated #1 at the time.
Florida and uSuc lost to unranked teams that they were big favorites over.

1. Bammer
2. Tech
3. Paternos
4. saxeT
5. OU
6. Florida
7. SUC

TopDawg
11/2/2008, 09:15 AM
I don't know how it'll shake out.

Losing to Oregon State or Ole Miss is worse than losing to Texas.

But beating Ohio State and Oregon or LSU and Georgia is better than beating TCU and Kansas. Both USC and Florida are ahead of us in SOS...or they were last week anyway.

Basically it comes down to this: we've looked better than USC and Florida in the losses, they've looked better than us in the wins...especially recently. We've given up 31.3 PPG over our last three games. USC and Florida haven't given up over 31 points in ANY game this year.

Yeah, we play in a conference that's lighting up the scoreboard this year...but isn't that the same criticism we used to throw at Pac-10 teams? "They don't play defense over there." Well, now that's the Big XII.

Having said all of that, I don't really care where we're ranked this week. There's still a lot of football to be played.

stoopified
11/2/2008, 09:49 AM
Alabama-LSU and proably UF in CCG left
Penn State-could still stumble -Iowa,MSU
Texas Tech-we take them out
Oklahoma
Texas-you lose you drop like OU below Missou after 2 wins
Florida-lost to the unwashed,I mean unranked
USC-can only beat on cripples
oSu-TT and OU will outscore the Pukes
Utah-TCU will take them down
TOSU-with 2 losses they are irrelevant

soonermagicgirl
11/2/2008, 09:55 AM
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. T Tech
4. Texas
5. OU
6. Florida
7. SUC
8. OSUx
9. B**** State
10. Utah

I agree with this poll...for now...

TripleOption14
11/2/2008, 10:16 AM
Here's that GIF:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/trilbo/bellringer.gif

I see us 5th or 6th unfortunately.

However, in other news.... this my friends is what you call "jackin it" like no other!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Unreal!! hahaha

PalmBeachSooner
11/2/2008, 10:35 AM
1. Bammer (that's two championships they can claim for this year!)
2. Paterno U
3. teck (it sorta makes sense seeing as how ut was a dropped int from winning even though they played like carp)
4. UTerus
5. OU
6. UFla
7. UniversityofSpoiledChildren
8. orange aggy
9. TCU
10. Potato aggy

I don't see Texas dropping below us. We will probably drop to 5th but it won't matter because we will have our chance against Tech in a few weeks.

soonerfan28
11/2/2008, 10:38 AM
1. Bama
2. Tech
3. Penn St
4. OU
After that I dont really care.

soonerfan28
11/2/2008, 10:40 AM
I think we'll be ahead of Texas even though we lost because I dont think that people have forgotten that we led for the majority of that game and the hot topic is Texas losing to Tech.

1890MilesToNorman
11/2/2008, 10:49 AM
I know nothing but Tech dominated Texas in this game, Texas lead for what? one and a half minutes in the 4th Q? Texas played hard to catch up but failed in the end, poor Texas. They drop further then you think.

soonerfan28
11/2/2008, 11:03 AM
I dont see anyway that we blow Neb out and drop even if someone above us loses. Yes I know they were #1 and they beat us but that was forever ago in the minds of voters.

bri
11/2/2008, 11:42 AM
I do so adore all the hand-wringing over hypothetical rankings. Makes me long for the days when we actually waited for the real polls to be released to start bitching and whining.

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 11:44 AM
I do so adore all the hand-wringing over hypothetical rankings. Makes me long for the days when we actually waited for the real polls to be released to start bitching and whining.
There will be plenty of bitching and whining over the real polls.

bri
11/2/2008, 11:51 AM
I know; that's why I cherish the period of quiet between the game and the polls. But these people are ruining that. :D

Whet
11/2/2008, 12:01 PM
OU #4 in Coaches Poll

Whet
11/2/2008, 12:02 PM
Tech #3
Texas #7
OSU #8

josh09
11/2/2008, 12:06 PM
I think tech jumps us. Weve gotta beat them before we can be considered in national championship talk again.

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. Texas
7. SUC
8. OSU
9. Boise St
10. Utah