PDA

View Full Version : Petition to the Big 12

RedstickSooner
11/1/2008, 10:07 PM
Okay, look. Here's the deal. We've done a *lot* for this conference. We're responsible for fully 3/5ths of all BCS championship appearances by Big-12 teams, and responsible for fully *half* of all BCS titles in the Big-12.

We've filled the stands in the horrid, frozen nightmare stadium you've picked for the Big-12 CCG more times than we care to remember. We routinely bring huge TV audiences to our games, and those audiences help drive the TV revenue the conference enjoys.

So, here's the dealio:

We want to keep playing Nebraska.

For the rest of the season.

There's a couple reasons. First, it's fun. We like playing Nebbish. Second, thing is, you *owe* us. The OU-Nebraska game is a cornerstone of football tradition, and making it a non-annual event means you've robbed us of, what, six meetings we should've had? I mean, when I was a kid, the Big Game each year wasn't Tejas, it was Nebraska. At least in my household. I try to toe the line and give lip service to Tejas being the biggest game of the year, but for me, it's mostly the biggest because they're the second best team in the conference since Little Red stumbled.

Oh, which brings me to a side part of my request -- I want our nickname back. We're Big Red, and it's total BS that Nebbish stole our nickname during our "unfortunate decade". Now that they're stinking it up, it's time we get our name back.

Go Big Red. Beat Nebbish! Four or five more times this year!

Whadya say, Big 12? Pretty please?

SoonerStormchaser
11/1/2008, 11:11 PM
P.S. FIRE ALL THOSE MOTHER****ING REFS!!!

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 11:13 PM
P.S. FIRE ALL THOSE MOTHER****ING REFS!!!

tru dat

Blitzkrieg
11/1/2008, 11:20 PM
Arrowhead is awesome, we own that place

SoonerStormchaser
11/1/2008, 11:23 PM
just not in 2003

aurorasooner
11/1/2008, 11:37 PM
P.S. FIRE ALL THOSE MOTHER****ING REFS!!! Just watched Shipley's punt return for a TD against Tech on sportscenter. HitH do you throw a flag for a clip and then pick it up for a no-call? That's just pitiful as it was clearly a clip. F'in zebras wouldn't have picked it if it was us instead of Texas.

RedstickSooner
11/2/2008, 12:08 AM
Well, yeah, our refs are abysmal... But since none of the conferences seem to give a damn how bad their refereeing is, I've kinda given up.

I mean, not only doesn't our conference do anything, don't they also pay for those ridiculously ghey commercials talking about what meaniepants we are for yelling at the ref?

rainiersooner
11/2/2008, 12:22 AM
I mean, not only doesn't our conference do anything, don't they also pay for those ridiculously ghey commercials talking about what meaniepants we are for yelling at the ref?

I hate those ads!!!

RedstickSooner
11/2/2008, 12:54 AM
I hate those ads!!!

Yeah, I'm honestly not normally one to yell at refs, but those ads make me want to hire a private eye to dig up some personal details on 'em so I can go to the game purely to hurl really hurtful personal taunts at every ref on the field.

Luckily, I'm too lazy to actually follow through.

tommieharris91
11/2/2008, 01:22 AM
Just watched Shipley's punt return for a TD against Tech on sportscenter. HitH do you throw a flag for a clip and then pick it up for a no-call? That's just pitiful as it was clearly a clip. F'in zebras wouldn't have picked it if it was us instead of Texas.

Ha, they didn't throw the flag for the illegal block in the back when Shipley had that kickoff return in the cotton bowl.

RedstickSooner
11/2/2008, 01:52 AM
Aww, I'm sure the refs are just doing their jobs -- trying to ensure an undefeated team in the Big-12 so we're guaranteed to have a team representing us for the crystal football ;)

humblesooner
11/2/2008, 11:36 AM
Just watched Shipley's punt return for a TD against Tech on sportscenter. HitH do you throw a flag for a clip and then pick it up for a no-call? That's just pitiful as it was clearly a clip. F'in zebras wouldn't have picked it if it was us instead of Texas.

I had had several margaritas by then, but I would have sworn that the flag was actually against Tech and was declined because of the TD.
While watching the game, I told my wife that it didn't matter if Ship scored or not, because that block in the back was right next to the runner and they would have to call it. Then the flag flew in and I knew they had it. Can't believe no one saw that one.

RedstickSooner
11/2/2008, 02:26 PM
Y'know, if the refs really are finally calling games in favor of the conference's best team to go undefeated, I'm not sure I wanna rock the boat... That should benefit us most seasons :)