PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Stafford

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 05:12 PM
Matthew Stafford ..........

Most overrated player in college?

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2008, 05:13 PM
Hell his career stats are about the equivalent of one year for Sam :) Except for the INT's of course

SoonerStormchaser
Yes...just ahead of Dirty Sanchez and Jimmy Claussen.

JLEW1818
Lol, I think i'd take Dirty S before Stafford .... ew i just threw up

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 05:15 PM
Matthew Stafford ..........

Most overrated player in college?

Georgia ... most overrated team in college?

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 05:15 PM
Agree

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 05:18 PM
Agree

Great minds think alike ... I live in the Atlanta area and so I'm way overexposed to how "great the Dawgs are" even if their last national championship was in 1980.

Widescreen
11/1/2008, 05:19 PM
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/bradley/entries/2008/10/30/take_stafford_over_tebow_dogs.html

Tim Tebow is a great player. Tim Tebow is the Heisman holder. Come Saturday, Tim Tebow will be the second-best quarterback on the field.

Matthew Stafford has become the Matthew Stafford Georgia fans envisioned when he arrived from Dallas. He has stopped throwing the ball to the wrong team

Heh.

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 05:37 PM
lol

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 05:39 PM
Not to be an apologist but Stafford's a good player and seems to be a good kid, however it's a little premature in his football career to be drawing the John Elway comparisons. The friggin' announcers need to quit with all the jock sniffin' and just call the game.

OU-HSV
11/1/2008, 05:44 PM
Agreed 100%. I've stated it on here a few times before...I didn't understand why GA got so much hype and that included Stafford.

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 05:46 PM
Because there were no "Senior" quarterback worth a damn this year. lol

OU-HSV
11/1/2008, 05:46 PM

Haha, yeah ;)

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 05:47 PM

Tru dat!

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 05:52 PM
Really though, who will be the first QB selected this year, if no underclassmen leave?

silverwheels
11/1/2008, 05:56 PM
Tony Barnhart has no business covering college football. What a maroon.

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 06:05 PM
Tony Barnhart has no business covering college football. What a maroon.

lol ... what did he say or write?

silverwheels
11/1/2008, 06:07 PM
lol ... what did he say or write?

Widescreen's post above has a link to an article he wrote earlier this week.

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 06:09 PM
Widescreen's post above has a link to an article he wrote earlier this week.

I'll check it out if it's in the ajc ... I live in the ATL.

BoulderSooner79
11/1/2008, 06:14 PM
Not to be an apologist but Stafford's a good player and seems to be a good kid, however it's a little premature in his football career to be drawing the John Elway comparisons. The friggin' announcers need to quit with all the jock sniffin' and just call the game.

You got that right. I think Stafford does have the tools to play on Sundays, but the announcer was out of control. Several times he said "he's the only QB that could make that throw". Excuse me sir, I can think of another. Then he under threw that ball that got picked and returned to the 1yd line. The announcer claimed the DB got away with holding, but the replay showed it was just a bad pass and it was the turning point of the game.

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 06:16 PM
You got that right. I think Stafford does have the tools to play on Sundays, but the announcer was out of control. Several times he said "he's the only QB that could make that throw". Excuse me sir, I can think of another. Then he under threw that ball that got picked and returned to the 1yd line. The announcer claimed the DB got away with holding, but the replay showed it was just a bad pass and it was the turning point of the game.

I saw that too ... I've threatened more than once to watch the games with the sound off.:)

NorthernIowaSooner
11/1/2008, 06:38 PM
i think my favorite line was from towards the beginning of the game when the announcers declared that georgia has a "pro quaterback" playing for them, their NFL qb just got worked by a college defense

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 06:51 PM
Correct!

Sabanball
11/1/2008, 08:02 PM
lol

I don't think so, but Knowshon Moreno may very well be.

Guys, you can say what you want about Matthew Stafford, but he does project well in the NFL if you listen to the scouts. His overall body of work/record at UGA is pretty dang good.

Let's see what you're saying about MS after he punks your auburn tigers in a few weeks...

achiro
11/1/2008, 09:01 PM

"Two best college quarterbacks on this field today"
"One is an nfl style qb"(stafford)
"He's the only qb that could make that throw" then throws it 3 yards behind the reciever in the endzone. :rolleyes:

NorthernIowaSooner
11/1/2008, 09:15 PM
then throws it 3 yards behind the reciever in the endzone. :rolleyes:

of course the announcers blamed that on his tight end and said he should have just sat and waited for the ball instead of keeping his route going, either way if he is supposed to be that good he should have seen his end still moving and hit him when he was wide freaking open, the announcers seemed like they were trying to get in bed with stafford, he didnt quite play up to their billing in this game although i do think he is a pretty good qb

Ground_Attack
11/1/2008, 10:26 PM

Guys, you can say what you want about Matthew Stafford, but he does project well in the NFL if you listen to the scouts. His overall body of work/record at UGA is pretty dang good.

Let's see what you're saying about MS after he punks your auburn tigers in a few weeks...

Ryan Leaf projected well as a QB in the NFL. Scouts can be duma$$es sometimes!

Curly Bill
11/1/2008, 10:30 PM
Ryan Leaf projected well as a QB in the NFL. Scouts can be duma$$es sometimes!

Yeah but if Leaf had been worth a damn you wouldn't have him out there coaching at WT. ;) :D

Johnny Utah
11/1/2008, 11:41 PM

:confused:

landrun
11/2/2008, 12:02 AM
I do think he has the best arm in college football. And his stats are victimized by the GA offensive scheme. He's playing under the same scheme that OU shutout in the 2000 Orange Bowl. FSU had a great offense statistically under Richt. But they were playing in the ACC before it united with the Big East Schools.... pretty much the minor leagues any way you look at it. Richt's offense isn't that good. And the QB's stats will never be as good as a QB playing for OU with our spread.

I'm not a GA fan or anything, but that is my honest opinion. Stafford had a shotgun for an arm.

sooneron
11/2/2008, 12:06 AM
I might be more impressed with Harrell's arm.

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 12:08 AM
I do think he has the best arm in college football. And his stats are victimized by the GA offensive scheme. He's playing under the same scheme that OU shutout in the 2000 Orange Bowl. FSU had a great offense statistically under Richt. But they were playing in the ACC before it united with the Big East Schools.... pretty much the minor leagues any way you look at it. Richt's offense isn't that good. And the QB's stats will never be as good as a QB playing for OU with our spread.

I'm not a GA fan or anything, but that is my honest opinion. Stafford had a shotgun for an arm.

Shotguns don't shoot very far, I'd rather have a rifle.