PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2008, 04:55 PM
Today's scrimmage was a blast guys, and A LOT of people showed up. Anybody else make it?

okienole3
11/2/2008, 12:18 AM
Couldn't make it today. How did everyone look?

Eielson
11/2/2008, 02:20 PM
Blake was the only one that looked like a stud. Warren and Crocker looked pretty good. Warren wasn't too impressive shooting, but was throwing alley oops to Blake like crazy. Willis actually looked like the third best guard we had (Austin Johnson didn't play).

Nobody really looked bad, except maybe Allen. It isn't like I looked at him and didn't know why we gave him a scholarship, but I don't think he will do much for us this year. He looked decent rebounding, but I don't think he scored a point the whole scrimmage. Blake, Taylor, Wright, and Cannon all looked much better.

Collier11
11/2/2008, 03:46 PM
We probably wont see how good Warren really is til about 5 games into conference season

Jimminy Crimson
11/2/2008, 05:37 PM
Anybody else make it?

A LOT of people showed up.

:mack:I'LL ANSWER THIS ONE FOR ARDMORE SOONER!111!1!!/:mack:

Ardmore_Sooner
11/2/2008, 06:30 PM
:mack:I'LL ANSWER THIS ONE FOR ARDMORE SOONER!111!1!!/:mack:

Oh bite me Mr. "Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????" :D ;)

Jimminy Crimson
11/3/2008, 03:27 AM
heh

CobraKai
11/3/2008, 11:02 AM
Willie just looked pretty good? I could not disagree more. He had a 9 to 1 assist to turnover ratio running the point all game. Calling that anything less than spectacular is puzzling to me.

Sooner04
11/3/2008, 11:09 AM
We haven't had a guy who can finish like Warren since Corey Brewer.

We haven't had a guy who can finish like Warren as a true freshman EVER.

Eielson
11/3/2008, 09:35 PM
Willie just looked pretty good? I could not disagree more. He had a 9 to 1 assist to turnover ratio running the point all game. Calling that anything less than spectacular is puzzling to me.

Don't get too carried away. 9 to 1 assist to turnover ratio sounds great, but that was basically a bunch of alley oops to Blake against our second team. He did well at the point but he isn't a dominant scorer yet. I think he will be eventually, he just isn't right now and I think spectactular is a bit strong of a word to use. Its awesome to have a true freshman at his level after just two weeks of practice, I'm just saying he has some work to do.

the_ouskull
11/5/2008, 09:34 PM
Nobody really looked bad, except maybe Allen. It isn't like I looked at him and didn't know why we gave him a scholarship, but I don't think he will do much for us this year. He looked decent rebounding, but I don't think he scored a point the whole scrimmage. Blake, Taylor, Wright, and Cannon all looked much better.

I'd just like it noted for the record that I've been saying the same thing, and will continue to say the same thing, about Allen, from the moment we signed him. If he couldn't average more than 2 ppg at PJC, then there's no way in H*ll he's going to do it at the D1 level. I just wish he could have gone to a different school to prove me wrong... (removes tongue from cheek)

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
11/5/2008, 09:37 PM
We haven't had a guy who can finish like Warren since Corey Brewer.

We haven't had a guy who can finish like Warren as a true freshman EVER.

How quickly they forget...

Sin,
Blake Griffin

GottaHavePride
11/6/2008, 01:01 AM
Oh bite me Mr. "Jeff Capel? Jeff ****ing Capel??????" :D ;)

That thread was PrideTrombone's baby. ;)

picasso
11/6/2008, 06:23 PM
so do we have guards that can create their own offense this season?

you know, break down the nerdy guy in front of you and finish a move or a pull-up?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/6/2008, 06:53 PM
That thread was PrideTrombone's baby. ;)

I do remember Jimminy having a post or two in it though. ;)

Eielson
11/6/2008, 10:37 PM
so do we have guards that can create their own offense this season?

Yes.