PDA

View Full Version : Oh shiite BHO!

Okla-homey
10/31/2008, 09:38 PM
ZOGBY SATURDAY: McCain outpolled Obama 48% to 47% in Friday, one day, polling. He is beginning to cut into Obama's lead among independents, is now leading among blue collar voters, has strengthened his lead among investors and among men, and is walloping Obama among NASCAR voters. Joe the Plumber may get his license after all

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 09:39 PM
joe the plumber is a farce.

swardboy
10/31/2008, 09:40 PM
That's all you pulled out of that text? Priceless.....

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 09:43 PM
That's all you pulled out of that text? Priceless.....

it has nothing to do with the text, it's just what it is. don't touch yourself too much.

tommieharris91
10/31/2008, 09:44 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/deranged_by_o_135795.htm

LOL.

tommieharris91
10/31/2008, 09:48 PM
But hey, if that Zogby poll holds, this (http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/erica-jong-tells-italians-obama-loss-will-spark-second-american-civil-war-blood-will-r) will happen.

Jerk
10/31/2008, 09:50 PM
joe the plumber is a farce.

Why, all he did was ask The Chosen One a question.

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 09:52 PM
Why, all he did was ask The Chosen One a question.

you're kidding, right? c'mon jerk. separate what you agree with and strategy and some faux "Everyman".

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122984

soonerhubs
10/31/2008, 10:04 PM
Even if the guy was a Republican prop. The Chosen one is responsible for the words, "spread the wealth around".

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2008, 10:14 PM
http://a300.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/7/l_6459d75643fa7df1c643d9bf15302ce3.jpg

tommieharris91
10/31/2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/trick-or-treat.html

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.rottenrabbi.com/blog/images/retard.jpg

Frozen Sooner
11/1/2008, 12:13 AM
The upshot of this, by the way, is that Zogby's poll is not a one-day tracker, it's a three day tracker. His sample sizes would be ludicrously small if he was doing a one-day tracker.

Anyhow, this brings Obama's lead in Zogby's three-day tracker to 5 from 7. Which is within the tracker's margin of error.

:D

And also for the record, Zogby's methodology sucks eggs to begin with. Said it when Zogby had Obama at a 12 point lead, I'll say it now that it's a 5 point lead.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2008, 10:45 AM
Also, national polls (especially when only looking at one day with what was clearly a skewed sample) don't mean as much 3 days out. Look at your state polling data from here on out. If McCain doesn't dent CO and VA better he's in trouble.

AND, I've said all along we live in 51/49 or 52/48 country. These national polls always tighten late.

Jerk
11/1/2008, 10:50 AM
you're kidding, right? c'mon jerk. separate what you agree with and strategy and some faux "Everyman".

As Mr. Hubler pointed out, I'm not interested in the questioneer, I'm more focused on the questionee, seeing as he's running for President of the United States of GAWDAMN America.

lexsooner
11/1/2008, 11:26 AM
ZOGBY SATURDAY: McCain outpolled Obama 48% to 47% in Friday, one day, polling. He is beginning to cut into Obama's lead among independents, is now leading among blue collar voters, has strengthened his lead among investors and among men, and is walloping Obama among NASCAR voters. Joe the Plumber may get his license after all

Attention Poll-Shoppers: the hours of election are from six-thirty a.m. until six p.m. on Tuesday, November 4. We urge you to shop carefully for your items, and be aware buying one part of a whole item can be more costly than buying it as a whole. Thank you for shopping, and good luck on Tuesday. Have a nice day.

KC//CRIMSON
11/1/2008, 11:36 AM

http://www.toplessrobot.com/stretcharmstrong.jpg

VeeJay
11/1/2008, 01:02 PM
Wait. Obama already has his cabinet choices picked out, the Chicago celebration stage is built, and Michelle has a date with Martha Stewart to re-decorate the WH.

This can't be.

Frozen Sooner
11/2/2008, 12:19 AM
https://interactive.zogby.com/clickon/index2.cfm[/url]

Next Release: 11-03-08, 1:00AM

UTICA, New York -- After a strong day of polling for Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Friday, Democrat Barack Obama experienced a strong single day of polling on Saturday, retaining a 5.7 point advantage that is right at the edge of the margin of error of the Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking poll. The race has remained remarkably stable down the stretch, this three-day rolling average poll shows.

Pollster John Zogby: "Obama has consolidated his lead over McCain. His single day lead today was back to 52%-42%. He leads by 10 among independents and has solidified his base. He leads among Hispanics by38 points, African Americans by 88, 18-24 year olds by 36, 18-29 year olds by 25, 25-34 year olds by 16, women by 8, and men by 3. He has a 17 point lead among those who have already voted, 22 by those who have registered to vote in the past 6 months, Moderates by 34, Catholics by 10. He even receives 21% support among Conservatives.

"So what happened to give McCain a one-point lead in the one-day polling on Friday? It was a day of consolidation for him, too. He had been losing support among key groups and began to regain some of his own base. He now leads by 21 points among NASCAR fans, 9 among investors, 6 among voters in armed forces households, and 2 among voters over 65 years old.

"Remember, as I said yesterday, one day does not make a trend. This is a three-day rolling average and no changes have been tectonic. A special note to blogger friends: calm it down. Lay off the cable television noise and look at your baseball cards in your spare time. It is better for your (and everyone else's) health."

:D

And Zogby is still a terrible pollster.

def_lazer_fc
11/2/2008, 01:34 PM
oh no! not the nascar fans!!

TUSooner
11/3/2008, 09:07 AM
I used to have a Sandy Koufax baseball card. I also used to have a baseball autographed by Yogi Berra; I saw him do it right in front of me. I even got Willie Mays' autograph once; he signed while I carried his suitcase to his car.

I lost 'em all. :(

tbl
11/3/2008, 09:37 AM
But hey, if that Zogby poll holds, this (http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/erica-jong-tells-italians-obama-loss-will-spark-second-american-civil-war-blood-will-r) will happen.

If you guys think that an Obama loss would not spark HUGE riots, you're out of touch with reality. If you don't think so, go ride your public transit some time today or tomorrow to get a pulse.

JohnnyMack
11/3/2008, 10:14 AM
I used to have a Sandy Koufax baseball card. I also used to have a baseball autographed by Yogi Berra; I saw him do it right in front of me. I even got Willie Mays' autograph once; he signed while I carried his suitcase to his car.

I lost 'em all. :(

You lost Willie Mays' suitcase? I bet he was pissed.

lexsooner
11/3/2008, 11:40 AM
You lost Willie Mays' suitcase? I bet he was pissed.

The greatest living ballplayer. Could you imagine the Say Hey Kid on roids? He would have been superhuman.

Fraggle145
11/3/2008, 11:45 AM
I think if Obama was to win the popular vote by a lot, but somehow still lose the election, that were would be a lot of problems.

TUSooner
11/3/2008, 11:45 AM
Erica Jong is still alive? I doubt even that Italians care what she thinks.

Still, I think it's entirely possible that some ignorant black people will riot in some places if Obama loses. The "racist conspiracy" loonies will have a field day, and others will do it just because they are always mad at whitey and want at any excuse to act the fool.

lexsooner
11/3/2008, 12:00 PM
Let's say Obama wins, which is likely, and African Americans go out and celebrate in large numbers, which is a near certainty. There might be some problems here and there, as happens with any large scale celebration. I would almost bet some posters on this board are going to say "See what happens when we elect a black President?" "Obama's supporters go crazy. The next four years are going to be like this." Droves of bitter far right wingers on this board and elsewhere will flood us with their venom. There will be little class or cordial behavior.

Oldnslo
11/3/2008, 12:13 PM
Up until now, Erica Jong's contribution to our society has been a term she coined, "the zipless f@ck".

It's possible to overstate her importance.

SoonerBorn68
11/3/2008, 12:17 PM
The last eight years were like this." Droves of bitter far left wingers on this board and elsewhere flooded us with their venom. There was little class or cordial behavior.

Modified for truth content.

TUSooner
11/3/2008, 12:33 PM
***Droves of bitter far right wingers on this board and elsewhere will flood us with their venom. There will be little class or cordial behavior.

That will be different than now?

JohnnyMack
11/3/2008, 12:40 PM
I've said all along that I don't care who you vote for or support, but that you should do it based on policy and issues. I've heard so many outlandish claims thrown towards Obama that I just shake my head. Otherwise lucid family members of mine have convinced themselves he's going to remove the 2nd amendment. College educated, seemingly intelligent people dropping racial epithets towards him.

Frozen Sooner
11/3/2008, 12:57 PM
Zogby had a great quote last night that demonstrated his firm grasp of math.

In a multi-candidate race, assuming the minor candidates can win around 2%, 51% can win.

Really? You mean the person who attracts the majority of the vote has a chance? No kidding?

lexsooner
11/3/2008, 01:00 PM
That will be different than now?

Take out the word "bitter" and it is the same as now. Their boy hasn't lost yet.

Stoop Dawg
11/3/2008, 04:56 PM
Zogby had a great quote last night that demonstrated his firm grasp of math.

Really? You mean the person who attracts the majority of the vote has a chance? No kidding?

Is there a chance he was talking about 51% of the popular vote? Because in a 2 candidate race 51% of the popular vote wouldn't guarantee a win. In a "multi candidate race" 51% is, obviously, a much larger margin of victory.

Did Zogby steal your girlfriend or something? ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/3/2008, 05:03 PM
The word I have issue with is "can."

Well, no **** someone winning 51% of the popular vote "can" win.

mdklatt
11/3/2008, 05:49 PM
Droves of bitter far right wingers on this board and elsewhere will flood us with their venom.

And this is different than the past few months? :confused:

SicEmBaylor
11/3/2008, 05:52 PM
Raise your hand if you think national polls are nearly useless.
:raises hand:

Frozen Sooner
11/4/2008, 01:20 AM
Just closing out this thread with the hilarity it deserves...

Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll: Final: Obama in Double-Digit Lead, 54% to 43%

UTICA, New York - Democrat Barack Obama has increased his lead to 11.4 points over Republican John McCain in the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking poll -- up from a 7.1 point advantage in yesterday's report. The final tally now stands at 54.1% for Obama compared to 42.7% for McCain.

Pollster John Zogby: "Obviously anything can happen on Election Day, but Americans want change and it seems very clear that the historic candidacy of Sen. Obama defines that change."

Final Tally

Nov. 3

Obama

54.1%

McCain

42.7%

Other

3.1%

KC//CRIMSON
11/4/2008, 01:33 AM
In one last attempt, Homey runs down to WalMart to poll some folks in the parking lot.

Sooner_Havok
11/4/2008, 01:37 AM
In one last attempt, Homey runs down to WalMart to poll some folks in the parking lot.

POLLING BIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He needs to go to Target :D