PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bob Stoops,

Big Red Ron
10/31/2008, 02:24 PM
Sir, you have far exceeded all SoonerFan's expectations over the last 10 years and I know you grew up with Bo Pelini. However, if you have a chance to score 100 on Nebraska tomorrow please don't get in the way.

It looked pretty obvious to me, last week, you took mercy on KSU. We had 55 points by halftime and you started running up the middle, off tackle and stopped letting the players play. The mere field goal and number of punts after half time is my evidence. KSU, I understand your merciful acts for obvious personal reasons on your part.

All that said, when OU was down and Nebraska was up (Due almost entirely to our down fall and the loss of The King) they showed no mercy, there was no tapping of the brakes after halftime.

Callahan did his best to run out the clock against us the last opportunity we had to really lay it on the faux Big Red and that sucked.

In closing, I ask that you just let the boys run the offense for 4 quarters. Heck put Joey in and let him run the regular offense.

Thanks,

Big Red Ron

humblesooner
10/31/2008, 02:49 PM
That post is a thing of beauty.
Brought a tear to my eye.

NormanPride
10/31/2008, 02:56 PM
Agreed. My aunt hates Nebraska more than anything, and I would love to see her smile after hanging 80 on them.

badger
10/31/2008, 03:00 PM
Nebraska did a lot of winning in the 90s. I think they can lose a little more before rising again :D

NCSooner18
10/31/2008, 03:11 PM
My dear departed Saintly Mother, one of the biggest OU fans ever, would also love that.

tfoolry
10/31/2008, 03:25 PM
I will be there & would love nothing more than to see them score at least 21 in 4th quarter. The Cornholers thrived on blowing out semi-close games in the 90's by running up the score in 4th quarter after their opponent had basically given up so time to even the score.

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 03:36 PM
In closing, I ask that you just let the boys run the offense for 4 quarters. Heck put Joey in and let him run the regular offense.

This is something I've been wanting to see all season. What good does it do Halzle to go in there for a few series and hand the ball off play after play? Give the guy some actual game experience - if for no other reason than to let him enjoy his final season of football.

Husker In Oklahoma
10/31/2008, 03:40 PM
Sir, you have far exceeded all SoonerFan's expectations over the last 10 years and I know you grew up with Bo Pelini. However, if you have a chance to score 100 on Nebraska tomorrow please don't get in the way.

It looked pretty obvious to me, last week, you took mercy on KSU. We had 55 points by halftime and you started running up the middle, off tackle and stopped letting the players play. The mere field goal and number of punts after half time is my evidence. KSU, I understand your merciful acts for obvious personal reasons on your part.

All that said, when OU was down and Nebraska was up (Due almost entirely to our down fall and the loss of The King) they showed no mercy, there was no tapping of the brakes after halftime.

Callahan did his best to run out the clock against us the last opportunity we had to really lay it on the faux Big Red and that sucked.

Thanks,

Big Red Ron
You might want to check the stats from that 97 game Ron. The brakes were applied, but you couldn't stop simple fullback belly plays. What would you have liked, for NU to lay down? Also, it is not NU's fault for where OU was in the 90's, it was thier own efforts that got them there. Might want to check your facts before posting such garbage.

http://www.huskerpedia.com/games/1997/okla97.html

BillyBall
10/31/2008, 03:50 PM
I really want to blow them out, bad memories in the mid 90's...

cheezyq
10/31/2008, 04:16 PM
You might want to check the stats from that 97 game Ron. The brakes were applied, but you couldn't stop simple fullback belly plays. What would you have liked, for NU to lay down? Also, it is not NU's fault for where OU was in the 90's, it was thier own efforts that got them there. Might want to check your facts before posting such garbage.

Go...

...away.

stoopified
10/31/2008, 04:26 PM

Thanks,

Big Red RonSing it brother.Ain't gonna happen though.Bob has beeen going out of his way to call off the dogs since 77-0.I would LOVE it though.

PDXsooner
10/31/2008, 04:30 PM
solid post. nebraska fans had no problems with their boys running it up on the blake teams, and they thought the party would never end. they got lucky by avoiding OU 2 out of 4 years since stoops got here. it's time to make them feel the pain...

PDXsooner
10/31/2008, 04:31 PM

what a fag

Husker In Oklahoma
10/31/2008, 04:52 PM
what a fag
Truth f------ hurts. Get your facts straight!!

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 05:15 PM
So your starting QB wasn't launching 50 yard passes against OU with 50 point leads? Apparently you weren't paying attention. It wasn't belly plays that anyone's complaining about. It's the obvious running up the score that has people bent out of shape.

badger
10/31/2008, 05:29 PM

The TRUTH:

1- Your former athletic director fired the last coach to have gotten you to a championship game, .

2- Ever since then, you have not come remotely close to the championship game, and have only brushed with the Big 12 championship game, which we were never really holding our breaths about your chances of winning.

3- Your team has not been worth more than a brief ticker message on the bottom of ESPN2 since 2001.

4- Unless, of course, Bill Callahan is embarrassing you

5- Or somebody is getting fired with players staring during the AD in an elevator scene.

6- Or somebody is just getting fired, period.

The 90s called - they felt sorry for ya because you miss them so much :D

oubose
10/31/2008, 05:36 PM
You hit the nail on the head with that one BIG RED RON, growing up in Neb my whole life I put up with so much s***, I've been a die hard SOONER fan my whole life . Husker born, husker bread but when I die I'm SOONER dead!

PDXsooner
10/31/2008, 05:36 PM
yeah, talk about a dead program. the blake years were horrible, but lasted only 3 years. nebraska hasn't even been a factor since 2001 -- 7 years!

Iam4OUru
10/31/2008, 09:08 PM
..... if you have a chance to score 100 on Nebraska tomorrow please don't get in the way.

The way things have been going defensively, we might need 100 points.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/1/2008, 12:20 AM
So your starting QB wasn't launching 50 yard passes against OU with 50 point leads? Apparently you weren't paying attention. It wasn't belly plays that anyone's complaining about. It's the obvious running up the score that has people bent out of shape.
Uh, no, NU threw 12 passes all game, only 4 in the second half. Obviously, you have a very short memory. Look at the stats from that game. Your just pissed you couldn't do better than 30-3 in 2004. Makovica ran FB belly traps the entire second half and you couldn't stop it, so you assume NU was running it up. If you had a damn clue, you might5 be smarter than you actually look, which isnt very smart!!!!

Husker In Oklahoma
11/1/2008, 12:24 AM
The TRUTH:

1- Your former athletic director fired the last coach to have gotten you to a championship game, .

2- Ever since then, you have not come remotely close to the championship game, and have only brushed with the Big 12 championship game, which we were never really holding our breaths about your chances of winning.

3- Your team has not been worth more than a brief ticker message on the bottom of ESPN2 since 2001.

4- Unless, of course, Bill Callahan is embarrassing you

5- Or somebody is getting fired with players staring during the AD in an elevator scene.

6- Or somebody is just getting fired, period.

The 90s called - they felt sorry for ya because you miss them so much :DWell, sorry to say, but at least NU isn't riddled with probations. Nice you have some class running your program now. If you think running the damn ball is running up the score, might want to check out Jason White throwing TD's with a 63-0 lead over A&M in 2003. Let me know when you reach 800+ wins. :pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2008, 12:27 AM
Look at the stats from that game. Your just pissed you couldn't do better than 30-3 in 2004. Makovica ran FB belly traps the entire second half

so nebraska ran 9 plays in the second half?

Husker In Oklahoma
11/1/2008, 12:31 AM
Better get your rout in tommorow, because it will be the last chance you have. Hate to talk smack, but when someone talks trash about something they lack knowledge on, someone needs to be called on it. BTW, that 96 game in Norman was only 17-0 at halftime. Check the stats. The 97 game in Lincoln was pure running, with 11 different ball carriers carrying the ball throughout the game.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2008, 12:38 AM
You said a guy that had 10 carries for the game carried the ball the entire second half..and he did carry the ball in the 1st half as well...

Oh well it doesn't matter..the 96,97 games are as irrelevant as your football team is right now.

Better get your rout in tommorow, because it will be the last chance you have

congratulations on going full force aggie on that one

misplacedsooner
11/1/2008, 01:01 AM
way to go...your saying your team has no shot huh? what a fan! i cant see anywhere in the near forseeable that you will be able to even hold our jock. who the hell in their right mind wants to go to nebraska???

Sugalean
11/1/2008, 01:10 AM
Blowing up the score? Running it up on people? Hmmmmm seems to me NU would be clearing the bench back then never throwing the ball and still scoring... OU was doing the same in the 70's and 80's.

misplacedsooner
11/1/2008, 01:17 AM
they continued to run their offense..nebraska wasnt a throwing team. now last week if we would of continued to run our offense..............

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2008, 01:19 AM
Doesn't matter..I m sure Bob won't run it up on Bo...won't matter...Just another W

misplacedsooner
11/1/2008, 01:52 AM
when we hit 60 on them bob and bo will still be friends. when i play ball with my sons i play to kick their *** thoroughly and expect the same from them. if bo could, im sure he wouldnt have a problem laying one on us. its that killer instinct we need.

rainiersooner
11/1/2008, 02:04 AM

Hey HIO - I was at Omaha airport recently...did you know that Warren Buffet is from Nebraska? I did, because I couldn't walk 20 YARDS WITHOUT SEEING A DAMN POSTER TELLING ME THIS!!! You people are pathetic!!!!! ONE SUCCESSFUL PERSON: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You don't live in a real state. And now that you don't have football, you and your inbred cousins are even more irrelevant, so please go home, leave my message board alone, and covet your sister, you loser.

sendbaht
11/1/2008, 05:32 AM
55 the first 1/2 and 55 the last 1/2 110 to 0 is fine with me.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/1/2008, 08:08 AM
Hey HIO - I was at Omaha airport recently...did you know that Warren Buffet is from Nebraska? I did, because I couldn't walk 20 YARDS WITHOUT SEEING A DAMN POSTER TELLING ME THIS!!! You people are pathetic!!!!! ONE SUCCESSFUL PERSON: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You don't live in a real state. And now that you don't have football, you and your inbred cousins are even more irrelevant, so please go home, leave my message board alone, and covet your sister, you loser.

Posts like this just show how damn ignorant and pure stupid one can be.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/1/2008, 08:11 AM
way to go...your saying your team has no shot huh? what a fan! i cant see anywhere in the near forseeable that you will be able to even hold our jock. who the hell in their right mind wants to go to nebraska???

Never said that, I said if you want to try and rout us, tomorrow would be your chance. Personally, I think NU may just hang with you guys today. NU has a shot, not a great one, but a shot. Obviously, lots of folks have been going to NU for years, its only been the most dominant program of the past 50 years and here are the stats to back it up!!

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1958&end=2007&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2008, 08:32 AM
Never said that, I said if you want to try and rout us, tomorrow would be your chance. Personally, I think NU may just hang with you guys today. NU has a shot, not a great one, but a shot. Obviously, lots of folks have been going to NU for years, its only been the most dominant program of the past 50 years and here are the stats to back it up!!

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/calc-wp.pl?start=1958&end=2007&rpct=30&min=5&se=on&by=Win+Pct

Oh, please. Take your precious little calculation back ten more years and looks who's on top. You conviently started it right after you guys won 38 games in 10 years.

Is it coincidence you left off the decade in which OU won 3 NC's and had 97 wins?

PDXsooner
11/1/2008, 10:33 AM
only a husker fan would relegate us to 90's smack. i'm over it, too bad you aren't. you're a forgotten program, and you'll never be back among the elite. go break out your beta tapes of the option and remember the days when people actually respected your program.

Salt City Sooner
11/1/2008, 10:47 AM

Now, maybe YOU'D like to check the stats from just one year before that, when your STARTING quarterback was still in the game in the 4th quarter, throwing 50 yard bombs for TD's off fake options with NU up 45-0 & OU absolutely no threat at all (they had less than 100 yards of offense in the game when this happened).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores96/96307/96307343.htm

4TH QTR: NEBR - TD, JEFF LAKE 51 YD PASS FROM SCOTT FROST (KRIS BROWN KICK), 2:56

Try actually knowing what you're talking about & what's being referred to before you shoot your yap off. As for '97, it'll probably stun you, but I have no problem with what NU did in that game. They played a simple game of Here it is, you can't stop it, & OU couldn't.

PDXsooner
11/1/2008, 10:57 AM
Now, maybe YOU'D like to check the stats from just one year before that, when your STARTING quarterback was still in the game in the 4th quarter, throwing 50 yard bombs for TD's off fake options with NU up 45-0 & OU absolutely no threat at all (they had less than 100 yards of offense in the game when this happened).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores96/96307/96307343.htm

Try actually knowing what you're talking about & what's being referred to before you shoot your yap off. As for '97, it'll probably stun you, but I have no problem with what NU did in that game. They played a simple game of Here it is, you can't stop it, & OU couldn't.

case closed