PDA

View Full Version : Most of you will probably disagree but

boomermagic
10/31/2008, 01:00 PM
If I were Bob Stoops I would talk to Barry Switzer about how to motivate my football team.. I wouldn't just talk to him I would follow him around If I had to.. I would eat lunch, Dinner even breakfast with The King for a while until I learned what motivation is.. Just my opinion.. Oh and, I would ask Barry to come talk to the team as well..

PalmBeachSooner
10/31/2008, 02:07 PM
What makes you think he is a great motivator? I heard all he did at half time was smoke and call up recruits.

boomermagic
10/31/2008, 02:12 PM
What makes you think he is a great motivator? I heard all he did at half time was smoke and call up recruits.

That's funny !:D

soonerpike697
10/31/2008, 02:37 PM
If I were Bob Stoops I would talk to Barry Switzer about how to motivate my football team.. I wouldn't just talk to him I would follow him around If I had to.. I would eat lunch, Dinner even breakfast with The King for a while until I learned what motivation is.. Just my opinion.. Oh and, I would ask Barry to come talk to the team as well..

Hey it can't hurt, I don't think Stoops would ever do it because he's an ego maniac, but it couldn't hurt...

humblesooner
10/31/2008, 02:48 PM
Actually, it is well documented that Bob did exactly that in his early years. That is why you used to see Barry at all the games. You also used to see lots of former players at games and events.
Bob used to talk at the Caravans and on his shows about how important things like that were.
It the recent past, you never hear him talk about stuff like that any more.
I think his attitude has really changed in the last 10 years.
I'm not slamming him for it. Give me $2-3 million a year for about 10 years and my attitude will change too.

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 03:38 PM
Bob is too stubborn to change much.

Soonermagik
10/31/2008, 03:45 PM
Guys, we are ranked #4 in the country with our only loss coming to the #1 team.

Some of you guys act like we aren't even a ranked team. I would say Stoops has done a pretty good job of motivating these kids. My only complaint is special teams & BV. Still though, things could be much worse i.e. see Missouri

OUHOMER
10/31/2008, 03:50 PM
damn, what do you guys want, I am with Soonermagik, We are #4 in the country. You guys act like we have lost half our games.

stoopified
10/31/2008, 04:09 PM
If Bob wants to talk to Barry,he will.I personally don't think it would win or lose us any games either way.

oupride
10/31/2008, 04:12 PM
If Bob wants to talk to Barry,he will.I personally don't think it would win or lose us any games either way.

ditto

85sooners
10/31/2008, 04:14 PM
:texan:

JLEW1818
10/31/2008, 04:15 PM
Bob is too stubborn to change much.

yep

humblesooner
10/31/2008, 04:16 PM
"My only complaint is special teams & BV."

That's 2/3 of the team. :confused: :confused: :confused:

JLEW1818
10/31/2008, 04:17 PM
yep

the_ouskull
10/31/2008, 05:38 PM
damn, what do you guys want, I am with Soonermagik, We are #4 in the country. You guys act like we have lost have our games.

It's not the games that we've won that are concerning us, but the ones that we're going to lose if the current trends continue.

Also, our OFFENSE is #4 in the country. Our defense is playing at a considerably lower level, I'm afraid.

the_ouskull

SoonerObsession
10/31/2008, 09:06 PM
This is going to sound like I don't like Switzer, but do you remember how we would fumble the ball 5 or 6 times a game under him. We've lost one fumble with this team. Things were great with Switzer, but they weren't perfect as some might think they were. Stoops is having to go up against at least 2 more good teams per year than Switzer would have to deal with. Let's cut him some slack.

Jacie
10/31/2008, 10:18 PM
"After successive big score losses to Colorado and Oklahoma State, Lacewell was stunned to hear Barry tell the team, 'Boys, we got em right where we want em.' "

History records that Oklahoma went on to beat Kansas State, Missouri and Nebraska to forge a three-way tie for the Big Eight championship, preserving that Switzer streak another season. The year was 1976.

Perhaps there is something to the widely held belief that Switzer was a motivator.

westcoast_sooner
11/1/2008, 03:39 PM
You have to remember that when Stoops took over, he was taking the reins of a "former" college football power. Bob brought in Barry and former Sooner greats to help motivate guys that were underachieving - turned the team into overachievers in 2000 and really put us back in the elite group of college football teams.

Ten years later, Bob has built his own reputation, and probably doesn't need Barry as much any more, but probably should bring back guys like Tommie Harris, Billy Sims, Jason White etc. to help motivate.

JLEW1818
11/1/2008, 03:45 PM
Terrence Marshall

westcoast_sooner
11/1/2008, 04:13 PM
Torrance Marshall

Fixed.

OK2LA
11/1/2008, 04:13 PM
Who is Terrence Marshall?

the_ouskull
11/1/2008, 09:24 PM
A more important question is whether or not he's related to Calvin Simpson...

the_ouskull