PDA

View Full Version : Quinton Carter

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/31/2008, 12:18 PM
Carter comes on: When reserve Quinton Carter got so much playing time at safety last week at Kansas State, some speculated starter Nic Harris was either hurt or worn out. But that wasn't necessarily the case.

"Last week was more about continuing to work Quinton into our defense," OU secondary coach Bobby Jack Wright revealed.

"He took every other series at strong safety in the second half. In the first half he took two or three at strong safety and one series at free safety for Lendy (Holmes). I'll continue to work him in. He's proven that he's earned his right to play.

"He graded out higher than anybody. I think he plays with more speed, more violence, more intensity than maybe anybody we've got in our secondary. Trust me, I love the way he is playing."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/extra/article.aspx?subjectID=92&tab=ou&articleid=20081031_92_B6_Bradfo658449

I found this article and it can't help but make me wonder if Nic will spend more time at the Mike spot. He showed he was good in the second half of the Kansas game at covering Kerry Meir. I stated right after that game that I believe we will use Nick against the sand aggies and aggie light because of the athleticism he brings to the middle. This may just be proof of it. Thoughts?

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2008, 12:23 PM
It could be the coaches are just trying to inspire Nic and the other DBs to play better. But it would be a good thing if we could bring in more defensive packages that have been practiced as needed. Having Nic in the middle appears to be a good idea against TT; not sure about okie lite with their power running game.

OUmillenium
10/31/2008, 12:27 PM
I like Venables approach on this.