PDA

View Full Version : Pulling for Paterno

oupride
10/31/2008, 08:08 AM
"I',m rooting for JoePa." - Steve Spurrier. (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2008-10-31-pooch-kicks_N.htm) Really?! Given the final regular season ballot of the coaches' poll(1/3 of BCS formula) is public Dec. 7, it will be interesting to see how personalities, friendships and maybe even rivalries play into their voting decision. With the possibility of an undefeated Penn State, a 1 loss Big 12 team and a 1 loss SEC team, do you think Spurrier would rate the SEC winner below Joe Pa State? How about the Big 12 winner?

If texas wins out then we KNOW they are in MNC. If Alabama wins out, we know they are in the MNC. Seriously, I doubt Penn State could make it based on strength of schedule and with the Big 12 and SEC each play in Conference Championsip a a 1 loss Big 12 team and a 1 loss SEC team SHOULD leap undefeated JoePa. There is a real possibility of a 1 loss Big 12 team, 1 loss SEC team and an undefeated Penn State? 21 votes of the 61 voters in the Coaches' poll are from the Big 12, SEC and Big 10.

What will be interesting in this scenario would be to see the votes of the Meyer? Richt? Fullmer? Nutt? Tuberville? Saban? I would not think he would share the same sentiment of Spurrier. Miles?????? Let 'er rip!!!!!

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2008, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure SS gets to vote this year. I know BS doesn't any longer.

KingBarry
10/31/2008, 10:10 AM
Honestly, assuming TX wins out, we don't deserve to play them over an undefeated Penn State.

We had our shot. We lost. Someone else an opportunity to knock them off. And TX probably deserves not to have to face us again.

If we wanted to win the BCS, maybe we should have thought a little harder about winning in the Cotton Bowl.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2008, 10:16 AM
I can't help but pull for that old geezer at PSU. I want OU to win out (including the bowl game!!), but the odds of getting into the title game are slim. There are other stories out there in college football and JoePa is one of them.

oupride
10/31/2008, 12:25 PM
Let me be more succint. If texas and Penn St go undefeated and there is a 1 loss SEC team, will SEC coaches vote Joe Pa ahead of their own conference school? You KNOW how the Big 10 voters will vote.