Sooner_Havok
10/31/2008, 04:44 AM
4rm-A6bGhiE

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Damn I love Fridays!

:pop: :pop:

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 05:06 AM
Buddy is a player; but, go buy a Thelonious Monk record. Straight, no Chaser is a classic composition. this is just a jam session.

lexsooner
10/31/2008, 06:54 AM
Buddy is a player; but, go buy a Thelonious Monk record. Straight, no Chaser is a classic composition. this is just a jam session.

Mad Monk was a unique genius. Played with Charlie Parker and other bebop greats. Them bop whizs all have organic brain disorders which make them creative geniuses. Too bad Monk shut down later in life and didn't speak a single word in his last years. Didn't have nuthin to say I guess.

Sooner_Havok
10/31/2008, 03:41 PM

I got enough Monk ;) I was just listening to Channel One Suite and thought I'd post some Buddy.

Sooner_Havok
10/31/2008, 03:45 PM
ixahuLVBNM4

c2tzyp31_yI

lexsooner
10/31/2008, 04:08 PM
4rm-A6bGhiE

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Damn I love Fridays!

:pop: :pop:

Ever heard the tape of Buddy Rich chewing out his band on the bus after a concert? He was not happy at all about their performance, and gave them a prolonged, profane, professional butt-chewing like I have never heard. The man was intense.

apusooner
10/31/2008, 04:34 PM
interesting tidbit, my trumpet teacher played lead for buddy, and says that he was one of the first to start recording those bitch out sessions. it happened all the time. actually both my teachers played lead for him. here's one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Ejv_rWSFg

there is some dude playing drums at the beginning, give it a few