PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Jamaican Lady.

GottaHavePride
10/31/2008, 12:26 AM
Lemme 'splain.

No, is too much. Let me sum up:

Heh.

Anyway, I went to lunch at a bakery/sandwich shop today. I wasn't that hungry because I'd had a bigger-than-usual breakfast. I just wanted a half a sandwich and a drink.

As I move to check out I notice they're selling little bags of snickerdoodles. Giant, awesome cookies. So I think what the hell, I'll buy some cookies and take them back to the office. Everyone there could use a cookie.

Jamaican Lady comes out of the back to ring up my order, and she says "What side did you have with yo' sand-wich?" And I told her I didn't want a side, just ring it up without. Or if she couldn't, fine, but I just wanted the sandwich. She gives me that look, and says "You only got sugah cookies! You want a chocolate chip, too." And gives me an extra cookie.

So I'm headed back to the office and as I'm driving I start counting in my head, and I realize it's a good thing Jamaican Lady gave me an extra cookie - because counting the two cute girls in town for our first show, I would have been short a cookie without the extra one.

And here's why I'm thanking Jamaican Voo-Doo Lady:

I remembered right then that the cute single one (I'll call her K) had mentioned, in passing, that she HATES sugar cookies.

Take notes here, SicEm. ;) I get back to the office and say "hey, I brought cookies!" When I pull the cookies out of the sack, K looks very disappointed, but doesn't say anything. So I look at her and say "Here, THIS one is for you."

Her reaction? "Oh my God. Is that a chocolate chip - oatmeal cookie? How did you know that's my absolute favorite cookie ever? I know I told you about the sugar cookies, but I never mentioned these." I just told her "It was a lucky guess."

Heh. So, thank you, Jamaican Voo-Doo Lady, for making me look ****ing awesome.

proud gonzo
10/31/2008, 12:31 AM
This thread could have been titled: "Yo, Dreadlocks! Lemme kiss yo' egg!"

ok, or not. but i had to make a cool runnings reference.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 01:17 AM
I f you wanted to Hit it . You coulda said I got this One specical Fer you .
You are lame .

soonerboomer93
10/31/2008, 02:51 AM
Lemme 'splain.

No, is too much. Let me sum up:

Heh.

Anyway, I went to lunch at a bakery/sandwich shop today. I wasn't that hungry because I'd had a bigger-than-usual breakfast. I just wanted a half a sandwich and a drink.

As I move to check out I notice they're selling little bags of snickerdoodles. Giant, awesome cookies. So I think what the hell, I'll buy some cookies and take them back to the office. Everyone there could use a cookie.

Jamaican Lady comes out of the back to ring up my order, and she says "What side did you have with yo' sand-wich?" And I told her I didn't want a side, just ring it up without. Or if she couldn't, fine, but I just wanted the sandwich. She gives me that look, and says "You only got sugah cookies! You want a chocolate chip, too." And gives me an extra cookie.

So I'm headed back to the office and as I'm driving I start counting in my head, and I realize it's a good thing Jamaican Lady gave me an extra cookie - because counting the two cute girls in town for our first show, I would have been short a cookie without the extra one.

And here's why I'm thanking Jamaican Voo-Doo Lady:

I remembered right then that the cute single one (I'll call her K) had mentioned, in passing, that she HATES sugar cookies.

Take notes here, SicEm. ;) I get back to the office and say "hey, I brought cookies!" When I pull the cookies out of the sack, K looks very disappointed, but doesn't say anything. So I look at her and say "Here, THIS one is for you."

Her reaction? "Oh my God. Is that a chocolate chip - oatmeal cookie? How did you know that's my absolute favorite cookie ever? I know I told you about the sugar cookies, but I never mentioned these." I just told her "It was a lucky guess."

Heh. So, thank you, Jamaican Voo-Doo Lady, for making me look ****ing awesome.

you're stealing my schtick fom the eye tee with the "K"

if you were really into cute single chick, you would have remembered when you picked out the original cookies, but we know you actually prefer the one that has a bf

haven't you gotten as much play from her, as sicem has gotten from underage redhead?

Viking Kitten
10/31/2008, 08:42 AM
Skillz wif teh ladiez. GHP haz them.

Except, I'd stay away from the chick who doesn't like sugar cookies. She sounds high maintenance. I mean, heck, they're not my favorite either, but they're still pretty darn good.

"Oh look at me! I'm too pretty and special to eat something so mundane as a sugar cookie!"

WELL LAH-TEE-FREAKIN-DAH, YAINCH!!

Seriously, what's there to complain about, you overly picky f**king cookie hater? :mad:

NormanPride
10/31/2008, 10:09 AM
Watch out, VK's passionate about her cookies.

8timechamps
10/31/2008, 10:29 AM
**** the cookies, just ask her to show you her tittays.

Oldnslo
10/31/2008, 11:17 AM

Except, I'd stay away from the chick who doesn't like sugar cookies. She sounds high maintenance. I mean, heck, they're not my favorite either, but they're still pretty darn good.

"Oh look at me! I'm too pretty and special to eat something so mundane as a sugar cookie!"

Seriously, what's there to complain about, you overly picky f**king cookie hater? :mad:

He's not looking for Ms. Right. He's looking for Ms. Right Now.

soonerboomer93
10/31/2008, 01:16 PM
That's generally my favorite Ms. to find...

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2008, 01:23 PM

if you were really into cute single chick, you would have remembered when you picked out the original cookies, but we know you actually prefer the one that has a bf

haven't you gotten as much play from her, as sicem has gotten from underage redhead?

She's blond not redhead although her hair does have somewhat of a strange reddish tint in a certain light. I think you'd call it strawberry blond.

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 01:26 PM
Hey GHP. When she gave you the cookie, did she tell you after you ate it you'd feel right as rain?

Fraggle145
10/31/2008, 01:30 PM
Sugar cookies suck.

IB4OU2
10/31/2008, 01:32 PM
Could there have been some hidden message from cute girl EJ?

Viking Kitten
10/31/2008, 01:39 PM
Sugar cookies suck.

First of all, he said they were snickerdoodles, not just regular sugar cookies. If you think snickerdoodles suck, you are a deeply disturbed individual.

Second of all, you've never had my sugar cookies with a little bit of orange zest mixed into the dough and icing made with a bit of orange juice. They would rock anyone's face off with the exception of some snooty little primadonna.

Third of all, 8XC, I only show my boobs in exchange for homemade Toll House walnut chocolate chip cookies, five minutes out of the oven with a big glass of milk.

IB4OU2
10/31/2008, 01:43 PM
Excuse me I need a moment and a Toll House walnut chocolate chip cookie recipe...

GottaHavePride
10/31/2008, 08:04 PM

So today she sends me a text message, but I'm driving home (actually, I ditched work early to vote early, and was driving home after THAT). I can't text while driving, that **** ain't safe. So by the time I get home 10 minutes later, she's sent me two more texts because she was worried the first one had offended me and I was mad, so she was apologizing.

She wants teh GHP. I'm headed over to their house in a bit. ;)

GottaHavePride
10/31/2008, 08:06 PM

Speaking of the one with a bf, my friend S (that I went to Sweden with) tried to kill me today. I srsly did NOT need to be picturing her at a halloween party at the playboy mansion.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 09:19 PM
Here, THIS one is for you."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_124CregoMd0/SQrrLpnE1BI/AAAAAAAABo0/LNgO9LdyJug/s1600/office.jpg
That's what she said.

Rogue
11/1/2008, 12:45 PM
Dude,
You need to get back to the sammich shop, quick!

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2008, 01:09 PM
Did u get any? :)

GottaHavePride
11/1/2008, 04:30 PM
Did u get any? :)

Heh. Not this time - we watched The Shining. The two girls spent most of the movie with their heads under blankets shouting "I CAN'T WATCH! you smell great! TAP ME ON THE SHOULDER WHEN IT'S DONE!"

Although I loved the following exchange:

K1 - WHAT'S TOUCHING MY BOOB?

K2 - SORRY, THAT'S MY FACE!

K1 - oh, ok.

And THEY picked the movie. heh.

Rogue
11/1/2008, 05:49 PM
Mon.

Irie.

Jah.