PDA

View Full Version : whorns vs. pirates

soonerfire13
10/30/2008, 11:59 PM
Naturally i'll be pulling for Tech in this game, but whoever wins this game will dictate who I root for the rest of the year.

I know some crazy stuff would have to happen to have this scenerio play out, but if Texas wins out, and OU wins out there is still that chance of a rematch in the big game.

A more realistic scenerio is Tech beats Texas, we finish in a 3-way tie and we go to another big 12 championship.

I think Tech can put up some big offensive numbers, being a night game with a rowdy crowd will definately help. I know Tech looked like world beaters when they played KU last week, but they can also look very average. Nebraska took them to overtime in Lubbock.

I think Texas has has the better defense and has the overall better team. I hope i'm wrong, but I see Texas overcoming Tech's home field and winning a close one. :mad:

sooner59
10/31/2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah, Tech has a chance in Lubbock. I really want Tech to win but I just don't see it happening. I would "love" to come on here and say im wrong. I wear crimson glasses so it is hard for me to admit this but its not looking like its our year. I will still be going for everyone above us to lose, but we are are just hoping for other teams to lose. Its not a good situation. But on the other hand, in the last few years....teams in our position had good fortune.

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 03:55 AM
our best chance to win the NC is Texas winning out, Bama and Penn St. losing, and a rematch in the BCS.

Texas isn't going to lose twice from here out in conference play.

that said, i'm sure once the game starts i'll want Tech to win.

Jacie
10/31/2008, 05:50 AM
We're not calling them "whorns" anymore . . .

SoonersEnFuego
10/31/2008, 06:50 AM
our best chance to win the NC is Texas winning out, Bama and Penn St. losing, and a rematch in the BCS.

Texas isn't going to lose twice from here out in conference play.

that said, i'm sure once the game starts i'll want Tech to win.
You're wrong. Texas doesn't have to lose twice. If they lose once and we win out, we'll go.
We will need Bama or PSU to lose though.

SoonersEnFuego
10/31/2008, 06:51 AM
We're not calling them "whorns" anymore . . .

Who is "We"?

CincySooner
10/31/2008, 07:07 AM
Aww hell... I'll just say it...

.GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAAAAAAAAIIIIDEEEERRRRSS!!!!!

mojohornfan
10/31/2008, 07:36 AM
.GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAAAAAAAAIIIIDEEEERRRRSS!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDB2qomVlA

:D

BoonesFarmSooner
10/31/2008, 08:13 AM
This is what usually happens to Sand Aggies. They come into a big game like this on fire and then they get destroyed... The only difference is that it used to be us that put them in their place. This year it's texas.

No way 'TCEH' stays with the horns.

MojoRisen
10/31/2008, 08:24 AM
Tech is going to jump out to a 21-7 lead... and hold on 38-31

TexasLidig8r
10/31/2008, 08:51 AM
This is the biggest game in the history of the Texas Tech Pirate football..

It's not even our biggest game this month. Arguably, it's not even our second biggest game this month.

We've been under the glare of the nation's spotlight numerous times. Tech.. yeah.. well.. not so much.

Tech played. uh.. UMass and Eastern Washington.. ugg... their biggest game this year was against a vastly overrated Kansas team living off of last year and the scraps falling from Mangino the Hutt's plate.

The liquored up STD laden Tech coeds will be loud and obnoxious.

The adrenaline laden Pirates will come out with an impressive initial onslaught.. or.. they better...

We withstand that and our better athletes, their untested and historically questionable defense and Dark Helmet's whiny temperament take over and Texas wins by 14.

MojoRisen
10/31/2008, 08:55 AM
Lid- I am not going to raz you- but Tech will not be stopped on it's first 6 drives and will be leading 42-21 before Texas catches it breath... I am not convinced UT's Secondary is ready for this type of onslought and do not think they will be able to shoot the gaps on the Dline..

TexasLidig8r
10/31/2008, 09:38 AM
Lid- I am not going to raz you- but Tech will not be stopped on it's first 6 drives and will be leading 42-21 before Texas catches it breath... I am not convinced UT's Secondary is ready for this type of onslought and do not think they will be able to shoot the gaps on the Dline..

Who knows? I am a firm believer in the college football gods and karma and not poking said god unnecessarily....

For Tech's offense, I believe there will be more emphasis placed on the linebackers. Tech throws a lot underneath.. bubble screens, slants.. that is their bread and butter. A missed tackle results in Crabtree being off to the races for the most part.

Muschamp has done a good job of disguising our defensive shortcomings and we can expect to see a lot of Cover 1 with one safety rolling on top of Crabtree, the outside DBs playing a tight man to man and blitzing Kindle from different areas of the field.

Is Tech's offense better than OU's offense? No. They are much more one diminsional and Harrell couldn't hold Bradford's jock. Is Tech's offense better than Mizzou? uh.. no. Okie Lite's offense is more balanced than Tech's (and quite frankly that running back Okie Lite has is very good, their tight end is a beast and Dez Bryant.. well... he didn't hurt us)

Is Tech's defense better than OU's?.. or Mizzous?.. or Okie Lite? Not a chance.

If this game is being played in Austin, there is not as much hand wringing and angst.

If we don't let Tech live off that initial surge like some crackhead taking a hit of 1980s Exstacy, we should hang and then pull it out in the second half. If not.. then.. well.... :mad:

footballfanatic
10/31/2008, 09:45 AM
Don't see the Red raiders hanging with us for 60 minutes, but strange things happen in Lubbock with referees....

bob
10/31/2008, 09:48 AM
TexasLidig8r-you must be mad at Tech for stealing your "March Grandiose" They play it like they own it.

UTgolfer
10/31/2008, 09:50 AM

Hopefully Palmer and Brown are healthy and ready to go as we missed a number of tackles against OSU. While the extra wide gaps will make sacks difficult given the extra distance to the QB, we should be able to line up in the gaps and penetrate given our speed at DE and LB. Pressure and not necessarily sacks is what we are after. Should be a very entertaining game with UT prevailing...45-35.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2008, 10:12 AM
Hopefully Palmer and Brown are healthy and ready to go as we missed a number of tackles against OSU. While the extra wide gaps will make sacks difficult given the extra distance to the QB, we should be able to line up in the gaps and penetrate given our speed at DE and LB. Pressure and not necessarily sacks is what we are after. Should be a very entertaining game with UT prevailing...45-35.

Too soon. Pick another score buddy, or be banished from this board. :mad:

TexasLidig8r
10/31/2008, 10:14 AM
TexasLidig8r-you must be mad at Tech for stealing your "March Grandiose" They play it like they own it.

Bastid Pirates... what do you expect.

God help me.. I do like Leach though.. great quote machine.. although.. I wouldn't want him coaching my team.

UTgolfer
10/31/2008, 10:30 AM
Too soon. Pick another score buddy, or be banished from this board. :mad:

Get over yourself already.

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2008, 11:00 AM
Get over yourself already.

Dude, that was supposed to be a joke. You won, remember ?

SoonerInLubbock
10/31/2008, 11:42 AM
OMG here it is .....Wreck Em Tech. I hope the sand aggies put a world of hurt on the overconfident Whorns. Without question Texas is a better football team. But I'm calling the upset now. It should be close but Tech does us a favor and wins by 3 points.

I will be at Jones AT&T Stadium in the press box cheering on the Sand Aggies. I will however have my OU T shirt on underneath my Radio Station Polo. Go Tech!!! The Sooners need you to win this one.

A Horn
10/31/2008, 11:57 AM
Tech isn't near as good as they were last year when they pulled the upset against you guys, which would've been impossible without Bradford leaving for a stint.

I know Tech is good enough to beat us if things go their way, but I just don't see it happening.

52-35 Horns

Super sweet riot ensues in Lubbock

The Maestro
10/31/2008, 12:05 PM
I figure the horns either cruise as tech continues the pattern of not challenging Shipley and Cosby at the line or they do attack the receivers and make this a tight game that tech wins on a fluke of some sort.

soonervegas
10/31/2008, 12:23 PM
My only concern is can Texas end the 4 game run on the road against a team that is THIS good offensively. My thought it no....

In other words...I don't think Texas can bring it 4 straight weeks. I will be here Monday if I am wrong.

SoonerInLubbock
10/31/2008, 03:05 PM
52-35 Horns

Super sweet riot ensues in Lubbock:eek:

Haha I would not be surprised if a riot breaks out and the fans burn down the Depot District and the Buddy Holly Center. Then there will be nothing left to see in Lubbock (Oh wait they still have dust and tumbleweeds).

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 03:10 PM
52-35 Horns

Super sweet riot ensues in Lubbock

that's about what i think. though, the latter is likely either way.

A Horn
10/31/2008, 04:20 PM
that's about what i think. though, the latter is likely either way.

Lol well said

JLEW1818
10/31/2008, 04:26 PM
Well this games is huge, I think this is our best chance. The way **** is turning out a Tech blow out would help extremely.

westcoast_sooner
10/31/2008, 04:30 PM
I sent my daughter, who lives near Lubbock a couple of articles about the game. Not sure what I did wrong, but she's a puke fan. Here's what she wrote - it's pretty funny....

Well, Tech AIN'T A GONNA BEAT TEXAS that's FOR SURE... But they are all hyped up and having some stupid BLACKOUT CAMPOUT near Jones Stadium. They got all these idiots down there in the sub-artic temps at night camping out whooping and hollering.. BUT, guess they think it's so wonderful because TEXAS is coming to town and they must not have got the memo that they are gonna get kicked!!!!! BUT, OSU is coming to town next week!!!!!! They better be ready to get spanked 2 weeks in a row!!!!!

cvsooner
10/31/2008, 05:37 PM
I'm figuring Tech beats Texas and then loses to OSewe. I could live with that. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I could live with it.

More importantly, for us, is to worry about Nebraska...then A & M...then Tech....then OSewe. Rest of it is outta our hands.

SoonerInLubbock
10/31/2008, 05:49 PM
I sent my daughter, who lives near Lubbock a couple of articles about the game. Not sure what I did wrong, but she's a puke fan. Here's what she wrote - it's pretty funny....

Well, Tech AIN'T A GONNA BEAT TEXAS that's FOR SURE... But they are all hyped up and having some stupid BLACKOUT CAMPOUT near Jones Stadium. They got all these idiots down there in the sub-artic temps at night camping out whooping and hollering.. BUT, guess they think it's so wonderful because TEXAS is coming to town and they must not have got the memo that they are gonna get kicked!!!!! BUT, OSU is coming to town next week!!!!!! They better be ready to get spanked 2 weeks in a row!!!!!

Yeah it's pretty crazy down here. The students have been camping out since tuesday. I'm just floored that this is the biggest game these sand aggies have seen. As a Edmond Oklahoma native and an OU fan since birth. I'm just humbled on how many BIG game OUr Sooners have been through. This would just be another season for the Sooners.:pop:

My Opinion Matters
10/31/2008, 06:48 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I have a gut feeling Texas Tech pulls of the upset in this one.

JLEW1818
10/31/2008, 06:50 PM
i hope so

My Opinion Matters
10/31/2008, 06:54 PM
Lubbock is a tough place to play, and this might be Tech's best team ever. Eventually someone is going to figure out the single-wing, quick slant offense of Texas.

cvsooner
10/31/2008, 07:24 PM
And the Tech defense in practice sees better receivers than Shipley and Cosby.

FlatheadSooner
10/31/2008, 07:31 PM
Tech takes McCoy out of game. End of Story.

:eek:

Of course, I wouldn't wish a world of hurt on anyone.

:rolleyes:

JLEW1818
10/31/2008, 07:39 PM
Seriously though, could you guys see them talking about that on ESPN.

"Now two years in a row, Tech takes out the quarterback for both Texas and Oklahoma"

Dan Thompson
10/31/2008, 07:40 PM
Too bad the game is on at the same time OU-NU is on.

I will be looking on the game from time to time and I want to see how TT reacts to the big RDE that gave Loadholt so much trouble. Double team anyone.

Are we saying this could be bye bye to Colts Heisman wishes.

JLEW1818
10/31/2008, 07:46 PM
ESPN 360 !!! or channel surfing

ouwasp
11/1/2008, 01:25 AM
I've resigned myself to a ut victory and a disheartening result in the election next week...

Boy I'd love to be wrong. On both counts

Tailgate
11/1/2008, 06:45 AM
This will be a great game. For the first quarter. The Horns roll after that.

Sooner70
11/1/2008, 07:31 AM
SoonerEnFuego

I don't understand your post. I thought if both Texas & OU lose one in BIG 12, Texas would go to Championship because we lost head to head. What am I missing here?

With the MLB position up in the air, I think the Sooners have to worry about Neb, Tech & OSU remaining.

I think Tech will jump out to maybe a 2TD lead & be hyped sky high thru most first half. Then Texas reality will set in. Whether or not Tech can hang with them 2H is the issue. Doubt it, but thing about Leach is his bizarre behavior & play calling might just be enough to make it happen. There's a chance, but very slim for Tech.

My Opinion Matters
11/2/2008, 02:31 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I have a gut feeling Texas Tech pulls of the upset in this one.

This guy is pretty smart. People should listen to him.