PDA

View Full Version : Boy shocked by campaign sign

Jerk
10/30/2008, 05:44 PM
CHAPEL HILL (AP) - Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard.

So the man with a degree in electrical engineering hooked up a third sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday. Turschak also put up a surveillance camera.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Tuesday, a 9-year-old boy with an Obama-Biden sign grabbed the McCain-Palin sign and got a jolt.

The boy's father, Andrew Noble, then showed up at the Turschak's door, upset his son had been shocked. Soon an Orange County sheriff's deputy also showed up at the Turschak's home.

Noble says his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together. Turschak says the boy intended to swap out the signs.

Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said he doesn't plan to file charges. video (http://videos.newsobserver.com/?a=player&id=2335356)

PalmBeachSooner1
10/30/2008, 05:47 PM
Now that's what I call HOPE! LOL

Widescreen
10/30/2008, 05:50 PM
You'd think the dad could come up with a better excuse than he wanted to see how the sign was put together. I think that's funny. obviously not funny if it had enough voltage to hurt anyone.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2008, 06:06 PM
Just an FYI, setting booby traps is illegal.

That said, they are fun, and bitch had it coming. Though I ain't sold on the swapping out part. Punk *** mother ****ers in my neighborhood steal both guys signs. And Halloween decorations. :mad:

PalmBeachSooner1
10/30/2008, 06:07 PM
So is trespassing.

Jerk
10/30/2008, 06:09 PM
Just an FYI, setting booby traps is illegal.

That said, they are fun, and bitch had it coming. Though I ain't sold on the swapping out part. Punk *** mother ****ers in my neighborhood steal both guys signs. And Halloween decorations. :mad:

I am.

I'd bet donuts to dumbf***s that his dad put him up to it.

Hot Rod
10/30/2008, 06:09 PM
So is trespassing.

Exactly!

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2008, 06:17 PM
So is trespassing.

Exactly!

Yeah, but I never had much fun trespassing.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2008, 06:18 PM
I am.

I'd bet donuts to dumbf***s that his dad put him up to it.

Eh, I'd still be willing to bet he was just a punk *** kid what had already stole one campaign sign and was going for another. But, you might be right too.

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:20 PM
Lil Bastage got the "Shock Of his Life " :D
Last I looked an lectric fence aint a crime .:P
Good fer the Home owner.
Id say the same thing No matter whos sign it was.:cool:

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2008, 06:22 PM
Good fer the Home owner.

You ever get caught stepping over an electric fence :eek:

One leg over when the damned wire popped up :(

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:24 PM
You ever get caught stepping over an electric fence :eek:

One leg over when the damned wire popped up :(

Not Tresspassin . :eek:
I was a tad smarter than that . Used a Pot holder , T-shirt whatever to Hold the wire Down .;)

PalmBeachSooner1
10/30/2008, 06:27 PM
The kid is 9, does anyone actually think he has a political opinion yet? His dad should be forced touch the sign.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2008, 06:29 PM
Not Tresspassin . :eek:
I was a tad smarter than that . Used a Pot holder , T-shirt whatever to Hold the wire Down .;)

I wasn't trespassing. I had pushed the thing down with one foot, and was trying to switch feet to bring the other leg over. The wire didn't get my dangley bits, but I put my hand down reflexively to stop the wire from hitting them and got a nice little jolt.

Needless to say, there weren't many turtle dove around after the yell I let out.

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:37 PM
I wasn't trespassing. I had pushed the thing down with one foot, and was trying to switch feet to bring the other leg over. The wire didn't get my dangley bits, but I put my hand down reflexively to stop the wire from hitting them and got a nice little jolt.

Needless to say, there weren't many turtle dove around after the yell I let out.

Not to smart are ya ?:D

PalmBeachSooner1
10/30/2008, 06:38 PM

OUCH! :eek:

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2008, 06:43 PM
Not to smart are ya ?:D

Well, I had put the shotgun down before I attempted this, so that should gain me a few IQ points :D

Jimminy Crimson
10/30/2008, 06:52 PM
Serves the kid right. Too bad it wasn't hard wired to the house current.

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I had put the shotgun down before I attempted this, so that should gain me a few IQ points :D

Actually it Looses you a few .
Ya coulda used the Butt of the SG to hold It down and stepped over .:rolleyes:
Moran.:P

Hot Rod
10/30/2008, 08:19 PM
Good fer the Home owner.

Yeah, I don't think it's cool no matter which sign it is. People choose to place signs in their yards stating their preference and it's no one's place to remove or replace their signs. The dad should've had the kid place signs in people's yards who were for Obama and of course, deserved to be shocked.

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's cool no matter which sign it is. People choose to place signs in their yards stating their preference and it's no one's place to remove or replace their signs. The dad should've had the kid place signs in people's yards who were for Obama and of course, deserved to be shocked.

Spek
Bet the lil ****er wont be doing that again .:D :D :D :D

PalmBeachSooner1
10/30/2008, 09:09 PM
I wish Obama himself would have been the one to touch the sign.

SleestakSooner
10/30/2008, 09:32 PM
Serves the kid right. Too bad it wasn't hard wired to the house current.

Roll on two Percy... :(
http://images.salon.com/ent/movies/review/1999/12/10/greenmile/story.jpg

StoopTroup
10/31/2008, 12:38 AM
Not too smart are ya ?:D

Fixed. :D

StoopTroup
10/31/2008, 12:39 AM
I wish Obama himself would have been the one to touch the sign.

Good thing McCain didn't or Palin would be looking for a VP running mate with days left.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 01:13 AM
Good thing McCain didn't or Palin would be looking for a VP running mate with days left.

Shat that Pace Maker would Be running Fast ;)

TUSooner
10/31/2008, 09:38 AM
The kid is 9, does anyone actually think he has a political opinion yet? His dad should be forced touch the sign.

Dad should be forced to pee on the sign.

leavingthezoo
10/31/2008, 10:03 AM
our obama signs keep getting nabbed so we loaded 'em up with vasoline. they are the metal ones. we suspected who the culprit was and when he went for the sign last time, we heard him yell, "what the fu?"

it was funny. it's amazing how little effort need be put in to deter sign thieves.

i thought the shocker was pretty funny, too. might have to upgrade. :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 12:32 PM
What the kid did was wrong. HARMLESS, but wrong.

But if I found out some guy had electrocuted my kid with a boobie trap, I'd be kicking his panzy a** in the middle of the yard for all the neighbors to see.

And you guys would be doing it too, if it was your kid.

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 12:35 PM

But if I found out some guy had electrocuted my kid with a boobie trap, I'd be kicking his panzy a** in the middle of the yard for all the neighbors to see.

No, I'd either be kicking my own a$$ for putting my kid up to it or kicking his a$$ for vandalizing property.

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 01:33 PM
No, I'd either be kicking my own a$$ for putting my kid up to it or kicking his a$$ for vandalizing property.Bull****.

If it was an Obama sign that had been boobietrapped you guys would all be crying out in outrage.

This place gets SO hypocritical at times.

What that guy did was dangerous and illegal. FELONY style illegal. What the kid did was a petty misdemeanor. If that kid had died, you'd all be singing a different song.

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 01:35 PM
Bull****.

If it was an Obama sign that had been boobietrapped you guys would all be crying out in outrage.

What that guy did was dangerous and illegal. FELONY style illegal. What the kid did was a petty misdemeanor. If that kid had died, you'd all be singing a different song.

What's BS is you telling me what I would and wouldn't do. My kid sure as heck wouldn't have been doing that. Do you even have kids?

IB4OU2
10/31/2008, 01:38 PM
Bull****.

That's doubtful because few if any EE's would support him.

sooner_born_1960
10/31/2008, 01:43 PM
electrocute = To kill with electricity.

What this kid got was a little shock. A petty, little shock.

leavingthezoo
10/31/2008, 01:54 PM

No offense Las, but... c'mon. When we were kids, we went out and touched electric fences ON PURPOSE! i can think of a million bad things the guy could've done to the kid, but this ain't one of 'em. was it right? nah. but neither was stealing a sign.

i bet he doesn't do it again...

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 01:55 PM
Electricity can be dangerous.

And redneck home improvement types kill lots of people every year.

I can only imagine how easily a redneck home-Rambo type could screw up his little boobie trap and accidentally kill someone.

Regardless, what he did was illegal. Seriously illegal. I'd sue the crap out of him AFTER I kicked his ***.

leavingthezoo
10/31/2008, 01:56 PM
i'm confused. i thought i was the liberal in this thread. :P :P :P

badger
10/31/2008, 02:01 PM
Campaign signs are a fickle thing. They get stolen, they get vandalized, they get ripped, they get switched around. Candidates budget replacement signs for all of these reasons.

If the dude really didn't want his sign stolen or damaged or whatever, wouldn't it have been better to put the sign in a place it wouldn't be stolen - like indoors in a front or upper level window?

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 02:02 PM
Electricity can be dangerous.

And redneck home improvement types kill lots of people every year.

I can only imagine how easily a redneck home-Rambo type could screw up his little boobie trap and accidentally kill someone.

Regardless, what he did was illegal. Seriously illegal. I'd sue the crap out of him AFTER I kicked his ***.

Show me the LAW that says Its Illegal to put up an Lectric fence .
After You Came On My place to Kick My *** . you wouldnt be able to Sue . they would be totin Yer carcass off ;)

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2008, 02:06 PM
Show me the LAW that says Its Illegal to put up an Lectric fence .
After You Came On My place to Kick My *** . you wouldnt be able to Sue . they would be totin Yer carcass off ;)

Vet-

As a person who's had numerous yard signs vandalized and stolen, I sympathize with the homeowner. Being that the child suffered no serious injury, I'm getting a chuckle out of what happened.

But surely you understand that under common law a property owner has an absolute duty to warn people of a hazard-including an electrified yard sign-on his property. This includes electrified fences-that's why everyone with an electrified fence puts up a ton of signage stating that the fence is electrified.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 02:10 PM
Maybe In a city its required I dont know .
But Here on the Hill Ill do what I want . Course I dont have any signs .

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2008, 02:18 PM
Well, as your friend, I'll tell you right now-if someone, particularly a child, gets an injurious shock from your fence and there's no signage up identifying your fence as carrying an electric charge, your homeowner's insurance company is just gonna write 'em a check and not even bother trying to defend that one.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 02:20 PM
Well, as your friend, I'll tell you right now-if someone, particularly a child, gets an injurious shock from your fence and there's no signage up identifying your fence as carrying an electric charge, your homeowner's insurance company is just gonna write 'em a check and not even bother trying to defend that one.

Thats Just it bro an Lectric fence gives Ya hell of a jolt . No Injury that Ive ever heard of .

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 02:39 PM

What if there is a sign and a child gets shocked that can't read? Is the homeowner still liable for whatever minor boo-boo the kid gets?

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 02:42 PM
Look, I agree that, since the kid wasn't injured, it was funny. And probably a good lesson.

I'm commenting more on two things: 1) Everyone's reaction on here if it had been an Obama supporter/sign and 2) the ILLegality of the home owner's actions. And how I'd defend my child in such a situation.

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2008, 02:43 PM
What if there is a sign and a child gets shocked that can't read? Is the homeowner still liable for whatever minor boo-boo the kid gets?

Depends on the extent of the injury. If it's relatively minor, the HO policy would likely just pay it under the no-fault med pay section of the policy. If it's major, the insurer would probably take it to court. Whether the homeowner would be held liable or not would be up to a jury.

Unless the homeowner had made the fence into an attractive nuisance (like by putting a pool behind it or festooning it with streamers or something) then likely his reasonable duty of care would be satisfied. Never know though. Juries can do some crazy things.

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2008, 02:45 PM
Thats Just it bro an Lectric fence gives Ya hell of a jolt . No Injury that Ive ever heard of .

What's the voltage on your fence?

SCOUT
10/31/2008, 02:53 PM
Look, I agree that, since the kid wasn't injured, it was funny. And probably a good lesson.

I'm commenting more on two things: 1) Everyone's reaction on here if it had been an Obama supporter/sign and 2) the ILLegality of the home owner's actions. And how I'd defend my child in such a situation.

You could also start by teaching your child not to vandalize someone else's property.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 03:23 PM
What's the voltage on your fence?

I dont have one Now . Have used em in the Past. Never seen anyone get Hurt By one .

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 03:26 PM

Ok
two things Back at cha
1 I said I didnt care whos sign it was .
2 , Hows It Illegal? you said In the Hangin Palin thread that what the dude did On HIS own Property was his Bidness:rolleyes:
Oh and
3 Like I said you come On My property with Malice afore thought . Im gonna Make Catfish shat out of you :D

Boarder
10/31/2008, 03:27 PM
The voltage is usually high, but it has low amps. And, electric fences pulse so you're not stuck hanging onto it. They are there to deter and I'm sure that if the guy was an electrical engineer he would have made it a low enough volt and amp to only get attention.

And I can absolutely guarantee that I would have at the very least told my child that he should learn from this not to mess with others' things. He may or may have gotten a whoopin', depending on how well of a job I felt the shock did. I can absolutely guarantee that I would not get mad at someone setting a trap for something on their own property that my child was attempting to mess with. It doesn't matter if it were an aggy sign.

And frankly, getting mad at the homeowner shows the "blame other people" mentality that is so prevalent and problematic in American society.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 03:30 PM
Now if the homeowner had set up explosives or something, I may have a little different attitude because it was excessive for the crime committed. But in the end, I'd have to admit that it was my kid's fault for being where he should not have been.

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 03:31 PM
And I can absolutely guarantee that I would have at the very least told my child that he should learn from this not to mess with others' things. He may or may have gotten a whoopin', depending on how well of a job I felt the shock did. I can absolutely guarantee that I would not get mad at someone setting a trap for something on their own property that my child was attempting to mess with. It doesn't matter if it were an aggy sign.

And frankly, getting mad at the homeowner shows the "blame other people" mentality that is so prevalent and problematic in American society.

No way, dude. According to LAS, you'd want to pummel the guy. Also, you'd only be against the sign being electrified if it was an Obama sign. You know, since LAS knows what everyone's values here are. I'd like to see his sf.com posters values tracking spreadsheet sometime.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 03:32 PM
I have yet to say who I'm voting for.

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 04:12 PM
You could also start by teaching your child not to vandalize someone else's property.Way to completely miss the point.

Ok
two things Back at cha
1 I said I didnt care whos sign it was .I doubt that, but whatevs...

2 , Hows It Illegal? you said In the Hangin Palin thread that what the dude did On HIS own Property was his Bidness:rolleyes: Yes. Until you INJURE someone else. If you wanted to prevent/punish people from tresspassing on your land and you set up tripwires to shotguns, tiger pits and land mines and someone tresspassed and was injured or killed, you'd be seeing some definite jail time, regardless of the illegality of their tresspassing.

This isn't an "opinion thing," it's a "law thing."

Oh and
3 Like I said you come On My property with Malice afore thought . Im gonna Make Catfish shat out of you :DYes, yes. You're very tough. I'm thoroughly afraid of your manliness.

The voltage is usually high, but it has low amps. And, electric fences pulse so you're not stuck hanging onto it. They are there to deter and I'm sure that if the guy was an electrical engineer he would have made it a low enough volt and amp to only get attention. Was the guy an electrical engineer?

And frankly, getting mad at the homeowner shows the "blame other people" mentality that is so prevalent and problematic in American society.Bull****. You'd be angry if your kid was injured. Or if your kid died. And it's not a "blame other people" reaction to BLAME THE PERSON WHO INJURED SOMEONE (if there was an injury incurred).

We have cops for a reason. Laws for a reason. Courts for a reason. Sure, this example (thankfully) ended up just being a silly/funny little lesson for the kid. But imagine if the child had been gravely injured or killed? That IS a possibility in cases like this, you know.

No way, dude. According to LAS, you'd want to pummel the guy. Also, you'd only be against the sign being electrified if it was an Obama sign. You know, since LAS knows what everyone's values here are. I'd like to see his sf.com posters values tracking spreadsheet sometime.No. According to me I'D pummel the guy. And anyone who cared about their child would do the same. To say otherwise is to lie to yourself and to everyone else on here.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 04:22 PM
Las I dont care if yer skeered or Not :rolleyes: Im just sayin Dont come On My Hill and start **** .
2 You are blowing this way out of proportion . the Kid got a Mild Shock well with in the property Lines .He wasnt Killed Nor Injured . If It was yer Kid He would Prolly deserve it .:P
Have you ever even seen an electric fence ? Oh thats right they sell Lethal ones at gun shows out there Right .:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 04:23 PM
Good fer the Home owner.

Gonna Bump this Post Cause Las has Reading Problems .:D

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:29 PM
Was the guy an electrical engineer?
That's what it said in the story, didn't it? I'll have to look at the first page again.

Bull****. You'd be angry if your kid was injured. Or if your kid died. And it's not a "blame other people" reaction to BLAME THE PERSON WHO INJURED SOMEONE (if there was an injury incurred).

Yes, I'd be angry if there was a killing or maiming. But, as hard as it may be to believe, I would blame my kid (or myself for not teaching him better, more likely) waaaay more than I would the homeowner. And the only blame I'd put on the homeowner is that it was a bit too excessive. Again, I firmly believe in taking responsible for your own actions.

But this was an electric fence. Have you ever touched one? They're not lethal. I used to grab the fence and then grab my little brother so he'd get the shock. It was great fun. They feel like a pulsing slap. It gets your attention, true, but it doesn't injure unless you're a giant wuss.

If it were a fence hooked up to a lethal charge the whole thing would have a different tone. But it wasn't. It's the equivalent of throwing eggs at someone t.p.ing your house.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:32 PM
I read it again, it said a dude with an electrical engineering degree used a pet fence charger. Whoopie. Enough to get your attention, but not injure you, even if you're a little Yorkie dog.

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:33 PM
Jesus. SO is amazing. Way to completely blow everything so far out of proportion, it's not even funny.

It was a damn 9 year old. The first 2 pages are filled with "Serves that little ******* right, boy we showed him!!!" The kid is 9. NINE. He is not a 22 year old vandalist. More then likely, hes not the same kid who took the first two. He was probably out front playing and went next door to the neighbors yard when he saw some big sparkly sign, was messing with it and got shocked. How the hell does that 'serve him right'? Good Lord. Some punk 15 year olds stole the signs, this was some kid wandering around who had already got one sign (probably from a neighbors) and wanted to keep his collection going.

Malicious intent on a nine year olds part? Grow up. This guy was an electrical engineer, correct? So I am guessing he makes a good salary, correct? So they probably live in a semi-nice neighborhood, so it would be fair to guess this child's father has a decent job as well. Therefore, most people with decent jobs have a decent amount of sense, and thus I don't see the boy's father using him as an Obama agent in broad daylight. Christ almighty, sometimes it gets pathetic in here.

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:37 PM
By the way, it would be a cold day in hell before my child ever got shocked with an electric fence and 'HAD IT COMING SINCE HE WAS SUCH A BAD CHILD!!1!!1". If my child stole a sign out of someone's yard, he would receive a fine beating. By me. Not a neighborhood rambo who hooks up voltages all over his yard without signs and without just cause.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:39 PM
So, according to your argument, what's the cutoff age for allowing someone onto your property to mess with signs in your yard?

SoonerBorn68
10/31/2008, 04:40 PM
It would have been better if the kid pee'd his pants & developed a tick. Oh well.

I'll bet he'll think twice about not respecting other peoples' property.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:42 PM
What do you think Dean's response to this would be?

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:43 PM
9 year olds is a kid dude, come on now. If it was that big of a deal, why the need for a shock? I mean, why not get real hardcore about it and just video tape it, turn it in to the cops and then file vandalism + stolen property charges? Whats your cutoff for being a hardass? Why not just rig it with C4 instead of a small shock?

It could have been handled way easier. He could have found out where the kid lived in the nieghborhood, took the tape and showed his parents. He would have got just punishment from said kids parents, the dude would have got his sign back, and that's that. No need to set booby traps in your yard.

Remind me next time I move. I would hate for me and some friends to be out front tossing a football around, it to fall into one of you guys' yards, and me and my friends subsequently get faces full of buckshot from all the rigged booby traps across your yards. :)

SoonerBorn68
10/31/2008, 04:43 PM
WWDD?

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:47 PM
9 year olds is a kid dude, come on now. If it was that big of a deal, why the need for a shock? I mean, why not get real hardcore about it and just video tape it, turn it in to the cops and then file vandalism + stolen property charges? Whats your cutoff for being a hardass? Why not just rig it with C4 instead of a small shock?

It could have been handled way easier. He could have found out where the kid lived in the nieghborhood, took the tape and showed his parents. He would have got just punishment from said kids parents, the dude would have got his sign back, and that's that. No need to set booby traps in your yard.

Remind me next time I move. I would hate for me and some friends to be out front tossing a football around, it to fall into one of you guys' yards, and me and my friends subsequently get faces full of buckshot from all the rigged booby traps across your yards. :)
Nice Straw Man argument. It was a pet fence on a yard decoration that was being stolen. How does that equate with a perimeter fence wired to a shotgun?

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:49 PM
How does a nine year old equate with a 15 year old troublemaker, who obviously deserves what he got?

See, I can do that too.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:49 PM
9 year olds is a kid dude

Every time?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158126,00.html

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:50 PM
And to help you out, the 9 year old murderer was punished differently than the 9 year old vandal getting a little shock so yes, it does equate.

SoonerBorn68
10/31/2008, 04:54 PM
...a perimeter fence wired to a shotgun?

Sweet idea. I've got a bunch of high school kids that walk down the alley behind our house and throw trash into our yard. I was going to rig up a motion sensor with a sprinkler system but that seems much more effective.

Thanks Boarder. :)

;)

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:54 PM
How does a nine year old equate with a 15 year old troublemaker, who obviously deserves what he got?

See, I can do that too.

Do what? Make up things? Where did you get the info on the 15 year olds? Do you have some secret video no one knows about?

Did you even watch the video? The kid sure didn't look too injured to me.

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:55 PM
Okay Boarder, way to dig up a nine year old murderer article. Nice. I only have 6 minutes left at work to argue with you, but I promise you I could do just the same for someone who got way to hardcore about a neighbor stepping into his yard. And mine would happen way more frequently. So yes, mine does equate also. Maybe not in the exact scenario (notice how I put :) at the end of what I was saying?) but still, the same idea applies.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:56 PM
The punishment fit the crime. Watch the video. He doesn't even look at his hand as if it were hurt.

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:57 PM
... What are you talking about? Good God dude. We are on two different pages. I am talking about your random '15 year old' teenager troublemaker.

It's quite obvious we have taken two very different views on this topic. I think it was some innocent little kid just messing around in a neighbors yard who needed his parents to tell him to stop, not to walk into booby traps. You think the opposite of me. I think that can be that.

Boarder
10/31/2008, 04:57 PM
Okay Boarder, way to dig up a nine year old murderer article. Nice. I only have 6 minutes left at work to argue with you, but I promise you I could do just the same for someone who got way to hardcore about a neighbor stepping into his yard. And mine would happen way more frequently. So yes, mine does equate also. Maybe not in the exact scenario (notice how I put :) at the end of what I was saying?) but still, the same idea applies.
Hey, don't get mad at me because your kids run around like maniacs! :D

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:58 PM
I can't watch the video, I am at work. That is not the point. I realize the punishment fit the crime. It is who is handing out the punishment, that matters. If your kid broke a neighbors window, would you want your neighbor to sweep him up and spank his ***? No. You would want to spank his *** yourself.

Echoes
10/31/2008, 04:58 PM
Thankfully, I am without kids. Hypothetically, if I did have little terrors :P

Widescreen
10/31/2008, 05:11 PM
No. According to me I'D pummel the guy. And anyone who cared about their child would do the same. To say otherwise is to lie to yourself and to everyone else on here.

Yeah, if my kid was messing with people's yard signs and he got a tiny zap for his troubles, I'd definitely want to beat the guy up instead of teaching my kid responsibility. I'm guessing you fit in nicely out in CA given your lack of interest in personal responsibility. Oh and for your implication that anyone who cared about their child would behave the way you would (again, do you even have a child?), suck it. Hard.

Frozen Sooner
10/31/2008, 05:14 PM
Me, I'd just have a three-way cage fight between me, my kid, and the guy who put up the sign.

Then I'd kick everyone's dog.

picasso
10/31/2008, 05:37 PM
we had to lube up our no river tax signs in Tulsa this past year. I'll bet we had 8 of them stolen.

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 08:24 PM
Eh. I really don't care to argue this issue. I don't care enough about it.

But for the record, there are a bunch of you who are being hypocritical and dishonest with yourselves on this one. And you know it.

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2008, 08:25 PM
I will also admit that I've been tempted to blatantly walk up, dump kerosene on a Yes on Prop 8 sign and light it on fire.

Bigoted bastards.