PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costume

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 05:30 PM
I have a party to go to tomorrow night, and I haven't been able to settle on a costume. I was just going to throw some stupid mask on, but I had an epiphany last night.

I'm going as a cigar. I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow, and I'm going to buy enough brown felt to wrap around me and then attach it with simple tape velcro. Then I'll wrap a "cigar band" around my chest that says Montecristo or something. I was mulling different options for the cap, but I decided to just paint my entire head red like a lit cigar.

This shouldn't be too difficult.

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 05:32 PM
Also, I will be posting pictures tomorrow. Assuming it works out.

Widescreen
10/30/2008, 05:34 PM
I've got some ideas for the band besides Montecristo.

;)

CK Sooner
10/30/2008, 05:35 PM
It will probably end up harder then you think it will be.

Viking Kitten
10/30/2008, 05:36 PM
Okay, for those who haven't looked at Sooner Psycho's thread on the FB Board today... I have to put this pic on the SO and it might as well be here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/spfarksandpics/boygina.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 05:36 PM

Probably. I have a crappy backup though so the only thing I have to lose is time and money.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this thing then let me know.

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 05:39 PM
If I go to any party . Ill go as an Old Bearded Fat dude with a Hat :P

Turd_Ferguson
10/30/2008, 06:04 PM
If I go to any party . Ill go as an Old Bearded Fat dude with a Hat :PWe could go as Laurel and Hardy. I'll be Laurel wif a beer belly:D

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:05 PM
We could go as Laurel and Hardy. I'll be Laurel wif a beer belly:D

What the Hell we gonna do about My Beer Keg abs ?

NYC Poke
10/30/2008, 06:19 PM
I would be concerned that it might end up looking less like a cigar and more like, well, a piece of . . . you know. Why not call Drama Girl for advice on how to fashion it?

Okla-homey
10/30/2008, 06:24 PM
I have a party to go to tomorrow night, and I haven't been able to settle on a costume. I was just going to throw some stupid mask on, but I had an epiphany last night.

I'm going as a cigar. I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow, and I'm going to buy enough brown felt to wrap around me and then attach it with simple tape velcro. Then I'll wrap a "cigar band" around my chest that says Montecristo or something. I was mulling different options for the cap, but I decided to just paint my entire head red like a lit cigar.

This shouldn't be too difficult.

d00d,

That felt you envision is not going to work, not to mention it will be hot as Cuba. You could end up looking like a turd.

Go to Wally-World and buy a set of brown sweats, add your "cigar band" around your chest, then paint your face white, streaked with black and spray your hair gray. All that stuff can be bought at Wally too.

You'll be happier and safer. Plus, if you have to pee it will be much simpler.

alternatively, you must have some Reb get-up around there. You could go as a dead Reb.

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 06:28 PM
d00d,

That felt you envision is not going to work, not to mention it will be hot as Cuba. You could end up looking like a turd.

Go to Wally-World and buy a set of brown sweats, add your "cigar band" around your chest, then paint your face white, streaked with black and spray your hair gray. All that stuff can be bought at Wally too.

You'll be happier and safer. Plus, if you have to pee it will be much simpler.

alternatively, you must have some Reb get-up around there. You could go as a dead Reb.

That's actually a really really good idea with the brown sweats. I'm still going to go by the fabric store and see how this might work out, but that's an excellent idea.

I don't have my uniform in Waco, and you should know that it's a **** load hotter than felt is.

SteelClip49
10/30/2008, 06:29 PM
go as a drama major.

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:31 PM
You could go as yer sex life .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/raincoaster/Dating/noname2.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 06:35 PM
go as a drama major.

But then I'd be too busy to show up.

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 06:36 PM

The hole is too big.

CK Sooner
10/30/2008, 06:36 PM

That made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Okla-homey
10/30/2008, 06:39 PM
I don't have my uniform in Waco, and you should know that it's a **** load hotter than felt is.

Not if its properly manufactured wool or jeancloth. Felt OTOH, or at least the kind you would buy at Jo-Ann Fabrics, is 100% synthetic, won't breath like wool or wool/cotton blend (jean), and you're skinny arse would prolly be laid low if encased in the crap. Ever been rolled up in a wrestling mat? I know, silly question, but its HOT!

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:40 PM
That made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Ya aint possed to eat it AFTER ya dork :eek:
and sicem I just showed you MINE . you make yer own ;)

King Crimson
10/30/2008, 06:40 PM
or as the guy who's voted in 3 POTUS elections as a BU undergrad?;)

olevetonahill
10/30/2008, 06:41 PM
Not if its properly manufactured wool or jeancloth. Felt OTOH, or at least the kind you would buy at Jo-Ann Fabrics, is 100% synthetic, won't breath like wool or wool/cotton blend (jean), and you're skinny arse would prolly be laid low if encased in the crap. Ever been rolled up in a wrestling mat? I know, silly question, but its HOT!

Hes gonna do it Now cause you said hed get laid :eek:

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 06:41 PM
Not if its properly manufactured wool or jeancloth. Felt OTOH, or at least the kind you would buy at Jo-Ann Fabrics is 100% synthetic, won't breath like wool or wool/cotton blend (jean), and you're skinny arse would prolly be laid low if encased in the crap. Ever been rolled up in a wrestling mat? I know, silly question, but its HOT!

My shell jacket is jean cloth and the pants are wool. It still gets pretty hot, but I can't compare it to felt because I've never worn felt. The inability to reach The Senator if he needs to take a "break" though is a good argument. I think I'll juts go with the sweats.

Okla-homey
10/30/2008, 06:42 PM
or as the guy who's voted in 3 POTUS elections as a BU undergrad?

:les: HE'S NOT LEARNING DISABLED, HE HAD FAMILY ISSUES!

King Crimson
10/30/2008, 06:44 PM
My shell jacket is jean cloth and the pants are wool. It still gets pretty hot, but I can't compare it to felt because I've never worn felt. The inability to reach The Senator if he needs to take a "break" though is a good argument. I think I'll juts go with the sweats.

i know this sounds impossible to the trained ear, but what if someone else wants to "reach the Senator"? things happen on Halloween.

Okla-homey
10/30/2008, 06:48 PM
i know this sounds impossible to the trained ear, but what if someone else wants to "reach the Senator"? things happen on Halloween.

That's why the sweats are genius. There is no easier britches to peel out of. Not to mention the fact some suitably inebriated BU gal in a slut costume just might try a little reachy-reachy right inside his elasticized waistband.

Perhaps he should buy a too large sweat top to minimize the tentage effect... no, what am I saying, this is Sic'em.

tbl
10/30/2008, 09:39 PM
d00d,

You will without a doubt end up looking like a turd.

Fixed...

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2008, 09:39 PM
or as the guy who's voted in 3 POTUS elections as a BU undergrad?;)

2. I was a senior in HS when I voted for Bush in 2000.

King Crimson
10/30/2008, 10:23 PM
2. I was a senior in HS when I voted for Bush in 2000.

so, just one year away from 3? much closer to 3 than 2?

Sooner Schemer
10/30/2008, 11:38 PM
Find a girl dressed as Monica Lewinsky, and you're in.

salth2o
10/30/2008, 11:49 PM

I seriously doubt that! :D BUT maybe that's just what sic'em should tell Drama Major.

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 01:10 AM
:eek:
I seriously doubt that! :D BUT maybe that's just what sic'em should tell Drama Major.

The only thing HARD about Sicem is His Miata.:mad: :eek:

StoopTroup
10/31/2008, 01:18 AM
This might help you get laid at the party.

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FBM/2VVS/S5METVPJZLM/FBM2VVSS5METVPJZLM.MEDIUM.jpg

olevetonahill
10/31/2008, 01:20 AM
This might help you get laid at the party.

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FBM/2VVS/S5METVPJZLM/FBM2VVSS5METVPJZLM.MEDIUM.jpg

Only if a Big guy Lays him out .

soonerboomer93
10/31/2008, 03:00 AM

I was going to suggest read hair, white sweat suit, with a rope tied to 1 ankle

badger
10/31/2008, 08:59 AM
If it hasn't already been suggested to you, why not go as the greatest Baylor football alumni of all time Mike Singletary!

1- Berate the guys around you for celebrating too much.
2- Drop your pants to show how embarrassing it is to be around said guys.
3- Explain that dropping your pants was merely to prove a point.

:D

sooneron
10/31/2008, 10:38 AM
You could always go as an answering machine with no messages.

sooneron
10/31/2008, 10:44 AM

Sic'em will just have to tell him, NO.

after a nano second of pondering

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 10:51 AM
Sic'em will just have to tell him, NO.

after a nano second of pondering

said the left hand to the right hand.

Taxman71
10/31/2008, 11:05 AM
Single men should always dress to fulfill a woman's fantasy on Halloween. Find out what they are and dress accordingly. I doubt alot of chicks fantasize about dry-humping a cigar.

You might try going as Ellen Degeneres and see what happens.

sooneron
10/31/2008, 12:22 PM
You could always go as an answering machine with no messages.

C'mon folks, that is PURE GOLD!!:D

M
10/31/2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted...

#113 Halloween (http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/10/30/113-halloween/)

When it comes to holidays, there are few that white people like more than Halloween. This is in spite of the fact that white people are required to spend almost the entire year preparing for it. But unlike Thanksgiving or Christmas, the preparation requires little emotional labor. Though it does require extensive physical and mental labor along with a fair amount of research thrown in for good measure.

Halloween is so important to white people because they have to wear a costume. It is a chance to literally show everyone how clever you are without having to say a word. This makes it especially important to single white people as one well thought out costume could produce enough romantic interest to last through the winter.
For this reason any white Halloween Party is less of a celebration than it is a contest. And as with any contest, there are a lot of rules.

The first thing you need to know that white people are the only people on the planet who will dress up as a concept. So while your initial thoughts about a costume might be “cowboy,” “policeman,” or “Count Dracula,” white people are more likely to think “math,” “the economy,” or “Post-Modernism.”

Dressing up as a concept is always a major gamble. On one hand, there is the chance that you nail it just right and everyone in the room will recognize how you not only cleverly interpreted the idea but also executed it perfectly in physical form. If you get it wrong, you will be required to spend the entire night explaining yourself. Then again, it is a good way to get white people to talk to you.

Things do not get any easier if you try to dress up like a character from a movie. If you show up dressed as Austin Powers or Napoleon Dynamite you will be met with near-universal scorn. You see, you need to find a character from a movie that enough people recognize but not one that’s so well known that makes it easy to find the materials required to create the costume.

That being said it’s a good idea to draw inspiration from older movies or television shows, specifically ones from the 1980s. Some popular examples are: Pee Wee Herman, the skeleton costumes from Cobra Kai, or Marty McFly. Depending on your race and gender, this could be your opportunity to become the alpha dog among your white friends.

You see, the only thing white people like more than costumes are group costumes. So if you are an asian male of any background, suggest to your white male friends that you all dress up as The Goonies. If you are a black female, offer to play the role of TOOTIE and go as the Facts of Life. Being a black male is considerably tougher, but if you are short enough the role of Webster could be right for you in an ensemble cast. Sadly, if you do not fall into one of these categories your opportunity for a group costume is limited since there are no recorded instances of white people befriending asian women, latinos, Indians, or any other race during the 1980s.

Last, but certainly not least are white people who dress up as characters from books that have not been made into movies.

“I’m Esther Greenwood.”
“Who’s that?”
“Um, from The Bell Jar, hello?”
“I’m sad too.”

These people are unlikely to be recognized as their characters, but are highly recognized as being smart. If you cannot pull off a group costume, this is your best bet. Just pick ANY author who shares your heritage, find a character who matches your age and sex and remember their name. Then show up in regular clothes.

This also allows you to make the awesome joke “Oh, you can’t tell? I’m dressed up as a Sri Lankan woman. It’s me, Matt.” (substitute race/sex as appropriate). White people will find this hilarious, unless there is another non-white person at the part making the same jokes.

You should also be prepared for the inevitability of running into a white person in an offensive costume. It is a certainty that any Halloween party will have at least one white guy dressed up as a recently (and preferably tragically) deceased or wounded celebrity. Past examples include Steve Irwin costumes with a sting ray protruding from the chest, Roy (of Sigfried and Roy) with a stuffed tiger attached to the neck, and this year you are likely to see at least one white person dressed up as Heath Ledger.

With this information, you should have no problem fitting right in at a white halloween party. But don’t try too hard at your costume, white people hate being upstaged.

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2008, 04:22 PM
I spent 2 1/2 hours buying all the crap for this costume. It cost me close to 100.00 for a brown sweat suit, some colored hairspray, black and white makeup (to make gray), a stensil, and spray paint.

Good lawd.

I did go to this huge Halloween store in town and it was FULL of REALLY hot Baylor coeds looking at the slutty costume section. One chick already had her costume on as a slutty cop...she looked like a character from Reno 911 but with great clevage and knee high hooker boots.

I really hope my cigar costume says, "Put me in your mouth and inhale."

Flagstaffsooner
10/31/2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.thebrandows.com/media/mr.hankey02.jpg

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 04:36 PM
all the Texas hot chicks who go to mediocre private college go to SMU....Sic.

Baylor is baptist drag queen city.

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2008, 04:44 PM
:sigh:

badger
10/31/2008, 05:01 PM
they didn't have face paint, so i decided glitter glue would be a fun alternative

:mad: after a half hour of this glue-like stuff on my face - it looks glittery, but feels awful... so i decide to make a funny face in the mirror...

:mad::mad: now, it looks peelish, like my face after severe sunburn, or a burn victim after million degree burns

Okla-homey
10/31/2008, 05:01 PM
I spent 2 1/2 hours buying all the crap for this costume. It cost me close to 100.00 for a brown sweat suit, some colored hairspray, black and white makeup (to make gray), a stensil, and spray paint.

Good lawd.

I did go to this huge Halloween store in town and it was FULL of REALLY hot Baylor coeds looking at the slutty costume section. One chick already had her costume on as a slutty cop...she looked like a character from Reno 911 but with great clevage and knee high hooker boots.

I really hope my cigar costume says, "Put me in your mouth and inhale."

If you happen to have your first adult experience tonight, remember, you owe me. Good Luck and Good Hunting! srsly.

Remember though, passed out coeds, even those wearing ho costumes, cannot give consent. So watch out for that.

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2008, 05:06 PM
If you happen to have your first adult experience tonight, remember, you owe me. Good Luck and Good Hunting! srsly.

Remember though, passed out coeds, even those wearing ho costumes, cannot give consent. So watch out for that.

Your lips say "no" but your slutty outfit says "come hither."

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2008, 05:41 PM
By the way, I was going to just use paper for the "cigar band" but it occurred to me that a wide white ribbon would probably work better.

I'll post pics of this get up later.

SicEmBaylor
10/31/2008, 08:28 PM
I'm about to leave for the party, but it occurred to me that this costume would look much better if I were more of a robusto than a petite corona, but what can you do?

Okla-homey
10/31/2008, 08:32 PM
I'm about to leave for the party, but it occurred to me that this costume would look much better if I were more of a robusto than a petite corona, but what can you do?

okay, now you're sounding uncomfortably ghey. I'm out.:O

King Crimson
10/31/2008, 08:34 PM
i just made a really bad face.

proud gonzo
11/1/2008, 01:35 AM

Good lawd.

um... I spent about $100 on a costume and you know what I ended up with? A black pinstripe bustier, a vintage tiered taffeta skirt, fishnets, a jean jacket, a ton of pearls and assorted necklaces, about 40 black rubber bracelets, teased up hair, and rad 80s makeup. The overall effect went something like this:
http://www.valdaisy.com/image/Madonna%201980/1983-album.jpeg

PG: 1
SicEm: 0

Lott's Bandana
11/1/2008, 08:52 AM
um... I spent about $100 on a costume and you know what I ended up with? A black pinstripe bustier, a vintage tiered taffeta skirt, fishnets, a jean jacket, a ton of pearls and assorted necklaces, about 40 black rubber bracelets, teased up hair, and rad 80s makeup. The overall effect went something like this:

What an awesome tailgating ensemble, Peej!!!

Jus' sayin...

soonerboomer93
11/2/2008, 01:18 AM

you won once the word bustier was typed

:hot::hot::hot:

Chuck Bao
11/2/2008, 01:32 AM

Are you kidding? Nobody is going to match that, evar.

Now if you don't put that as your avatar, you can go ahead and count be as feeling deprived.

proud gonzo
11/2/2008, 01:53 AM
well, once i upload the pictures to my computer i MIGHT replace my voldemort for president avatar ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2008, 01:57 AM
well, once i upload the pictures to my computer i MIGHT replace my voldemort for president avatar ;)

Do you have a Republicans for Voldemort bumper sticker? I saw a law school chick the other day with one on her car.

The thing is, I'd probably have no problem voting for the guy as long as he reduced the size of government along with the general evilness of his platform.

Chuck Bao
11/2/2008, 05:30 AM
I'd vote for Voldemort if he'd only clean out his pm box and promise not to wipe out all muggles.

GottaHavePride
11/2/2008, 12:25 PM
Do you have a Republicans for Voldemort bumper sticker? I saw a law school chick the other day with one on her car.

The thing is, I'd probably have no problem voting for the guy as long as he reduced the size of government along with the general evilness of his platform.

http://www.goats.com/store/stickers.html

YWIA.

tulsaoilerfan
11/2/2008, 12:37 PM
Where's the pics Sic em?

Tailwind
11/2/2008, 12:46 PM
Ok, so where are the promised pics? I have no life so I must live vicariously through others. :(

badger
11/2/2008, 12:51 PM
Voldemort:
Avada Kedavra to murderers, rapists and child abusers!
Crucio to terrorists in Azkaban prison (or Guatanamo Bay)!
Expelliamous to illegal immigrants and the American jobs they hold!

cast a Legilimens spell on me and you shall find
that in my thoughts I am whole heartedly kind!
too bad that will never happen for you
I am an occlumen and you shall not know the truth.

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 12:53 PM
Just an FYI...

Halloween is over.

Put your costumes up.

That is all.

:D

Tailwind
11/2/2008, 12:56 PM
Very nice Badger! But that is not a pic, now is it?
PS: Bastards aren't releasing the new movie until JULY!!!

proud gonzo
11/2/2008, 01:19 PM
I'd vote for Voldemort if he'd only clean out his pm box and promise not to wipe out all muggles.ok ok, the pm box is fixed. Can't promise about the muggles, though.

sooneron
11/2/2008, 01:28 PM
Ok, so where are the promised pics? I have no life so I must live vicariously through others. :(

YOu picked the wrong life to live vicariously through, just sayin'.:texan:

Tailwind
11/2/2008, 01:36 PM
YOu picked the wrong life to live vicariously through, just sayin'.:texan:
I know, I know.....but I do REALLY want to see the pics. ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2008, 01:50 PM
Nobody was home when I left for the party, so I didn't get any personal pics. Plenty of people took pics at the party -- I'll try to track one down.

SoonerInKCMO
11/2/2008, 05:47 PM
I don't care about pics of SicEm in his costume; I want to see pics of PG in hers. :hot:

Turd_Ferguson
11/2/2008, 05:50 PM
I don't care about pics of SicEm in his costume; I want to see pics of PG in hers. :hot:ya prevert!