PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh...Golfer John Daly At It Again...

VeeJay
10/30/2008, 09:44 AM
Throwed Out Of Hooters (http://www.news-record.com/content/2008/10/29/article/golfer_daly_held_in_winston_salem_to_sober_up)

Let's see here. JD has Hooters as one of his sponsors - hangs out in the Hooters souvenir shop during rain delays with John Gruden as his caddy; what exactly did he do for the employees to repeatedly ask him to leave? :confused:

JD is a sad thing to watch - but it is very entertaining.

http://mm.news-record.com/drupal/files/imagecache/nrcom_article_image_landscape/files/Images/John%20Daley.jpg

sooneron
10/30/2008, 09:45 AM
I wonder how many people have him in their dead pool.

OU4LIFE
10/30/2008, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry you must have missed the memo.

WE DON' T ALLOW GOLF TALK ON HERE.

sooneron
10/30/2008, 09:50 AM
HUH??

royalfan5
10/30/2008, 09:51 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123380

1890MilesToNorman
10/30/2008, 09:52 AM
I looked exactly like that this past Saturday morning except I didn't go to Hooters. :(

sooneron
10/30/2008, 09:53 AM
He still has it. Looking all raggedy, but he's got the collar popped!

:D

StoopTroup
10/30/2008, 10:38 AM
John may need a little time off is all.

Once your full....it takes awhile to empty the ole personal keggorator....

A little rehab and community service and he'll be right back to signing Hooters girl's thongs.

God Bless America!

And

God Bless John Daily!

Hang in there JD!

VeeJay
10/30/2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123380

Oops! Sorry royalfan - I missed your thread. Maybe one of our mods will be kind enough to merge this.

Sooner04
10/30/2008, 10:48 AM
I can't believe this hasn't already been moved to the General Sports Forum.

King Crimson
10/30/2008, 10:53 AM
here, i'll get it moved.

links golf is the real deal.

target golf sux.

i played a couple groups behind Daly in a regional junior tournament at the Trails and he hit 3 iron off about half the holes further than i'd ever hit my driver on them (my home course, then). now, he was a couple years older (17-19 age group, i was 17) but that blew me away. he was the same. going to Arkansas on a schollie and carrying a Pig bag, shirt untucked...goofy unkept mullet.

that tournament had Brian Watts, Bob Estes, and a couple other guys who made the tour. Daly won two majors. i was T13 after the first day and shot 88 the second day, total choke.

OU4LIFE
10/30/2008, 11:46 AM
I can't believe this hasn't already been moved to the General Sports Forum.

cause I didn't start it.

Sooner04
10/30/2008, 12:56 PM
The saddest thing about Daly is that he's supremely talented. He hit a bunker shot to win at Torrey Pines a few years ago and it was one of the greatest shots I've ever seen ANYWHERE, let alone under the pressure of a sudden death playoff. He had to land it way short of the hole, let it die at the ridge, and have gravity take it the rest of the way down. Puts it to a foot. Absolutely incredible shot.

I followed him for a few holes at Southern Hills during the '07 PGA on Saturday. He hit a drive on 5 that barely stayed on Earth. Els's drive was huge, but John literally flew Ernie's to a spot nobody could've sniffed. He got home in two and I think the hole was playing 620 yards or so.

It's a shame he's such an oaf, but you can't change something like that.

King Crimson
10/30/2008, 01:24 PM
The saddest thing about Daly is that he's supremely talented. He hit a bunker shot to win at Torrey Pines a few years ago and it was one of the greatest shots I've ever seen ANYWHERE, let alone under the pressure of a sudden death playoff. He had to land it way short of the hole, let it die at the ridge, and have gravity take it the rest of the way down. Puts it to a foot. Absolutely incredible shot.

i saw that. that's the thing....to have that kind of length and touch. i guess you can't really call someone who has 2 majors a total waste of talent....but.

the best shot i ever saw at Southern Hills (in person): a young Payne Stewart get's it up and down out the small creek that runs behind one of the par 3's at SH. i forget the holes at SH....early 80's. it was an unreal shot. he was playing that Phil Rodgers Cobra wedge before you could buy them.

VeeJay
10/30/2008, 01:36 PM
What's all this golf talk? I just wanted to start a conversation about people getting loaded in Hooters.

Taxman71
10/30/2008, 01:38 PM
what exactly did he do for the employees to repeatedly ask him to leave? :confused:

I'm guessing he lifted up his shirt and pulled a half pint out of his navel.