PDA

View Full Version : Pride and Glory

JLEW1818
10/29/2008, 08:49 PM
Pride and Glory

The movie came out last Friday. I'm a huge Ed Norton fan.

Anybody see it ??? Any opinions ?

It looks badass

Lott's Bandana
10/29/2008, 08:56 PM
CF diluted my enthusiasm. I'll still likely see it though.

JLEW1818
10/29/2008, 09:08 PM
yep i hate him

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2008, 11:58 PM
Ok...

Saw it tonight at the Warren.

Excellent flick.

Colin Farrell was simply Colin Farrell...but, they did a good job of minimizing his role.

Ed Norton was incredible, of course.

Here's a weird one...Jon Voight was tremendous and actually acted again, after all these years. Really perhaps his best performance.

The direction was top-notch and noteworthy...story good and not re-hashed.

Recommended.

SCOUT
11/1/2008, 12:22 AM
Ok...

Saw it tonight at the Warren.

Excellent flick.

Colin Farrell was simply Colin Farrell...but, they did a good job of minimizing his role.

Ed Norton was incredible, of course.

Here's a weird one...Jon Voight was tremendous and actually acted again, after all these years. Really perhaps his best performance.

The direction was top-notch and noteworthy...story good and not re-hashed.

Recommended.
I have been debating whether I should see this or not. Your review is what I was hoping to hear. Colin being minimized with Ed and Jon doing their good work. I will probably check it out.

Lott's Bandana
11/1/2008, 12:34 AM
I have been debating whether I should see this or not. Your review is what I was hoping to hear. Colin being minimized with Ed and Jon doing their good work. I will probably check it out.

Don't sit close.

The movie is predominately close-ups when not an obvious pan...well done, but I was a bit close and squinted a few times.

Also, soundtrack is good...especially Irish tunes, but impossible to find a tracklist anywhere as one song really stood out. Movie was shot in '06 (delayed from 2001 because of 9/11) and there isn't much info to find out there.