PDA

View Full Version : I've got the D problem solved!

Dan Thompson
10/29/2008, 06:02 PM
We show the other team a 5 - 2 defense, but this is a different 5 - 2.

The 2 LBs are really our 2 DEs.

This puts the real LB on the line at DE and NG.

When the ball is snapped, the 'fake' LB blitz and the 3 real LBs fall back for pass coverage.

That's so simple I can see why noone has thought of it before.

mizzOUstu702
10/29/2008, 06:08 PM
We show the other team a 5 - 2 defense, but this is a different 5 - 2.

The 2 LBs are really our 2 DEs.

This puts the real LB on the line at DE and NG.

When the ball is snapped, the 'fake' LB blitz and the 3 real LBs fall back for pass coverage.

That's so simple I can see why noone has thought of it before.

Wait...what? I think you're thinking of some sort of hybrid 3-4. But why would someone want to put an actual LB at nose?

And the stunts/blitzes you're talking about seem more gimmicky, one-play things than an actual formation.

NCSooner18
10/29/2008, 06:15 PM
Plus by the time it takes the LB's to get our of a 3 point stance and get back into coverage..........you get the point.

East Coast Bias
10/29/2008, 08:29 PM
I like it, lets try it!! At least it would put a different face on the blitz. The DE might be okay in coverage, however..

RedstickSooner
10/29/2008, 09:52 PM
Bah, if we're so weak on LB, let's just run a 5-6. Three DTs, two DEs, 3 CBs, 3 safeties.

8timechamps
10/29/2008, 09:58 PM
What if we ran a 1-1-9?

Had a real nose tackle, with one real lb and then 9 safties?

TMcGee86
10/30/2008, 09:57 AM
What if we ran a 1-1-9?

Had a real nose tackle, with one real lb and then 9 safties?

you know we don't have the lb's to fill that kind of scheme.

:D

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/30/2008, 10:12 AM
Well, we did kind of run something like this against Kansas and it worked after they settled down in the second half. Beal was running a hybrid role on the line and dropping into short coverage like Cody use to do. He has 2 pass deflections/breakups and caused a lot of havok in this role. We also did have Nic in the middle that game so it helped with underneath coverage. I still stay that was the best defensive scheme post RR but Box and Bologun have to get out there sometime so our normal 4-3 will probably have to do.