PDA

View Full Version : Received this and for those bush haters here a snack.

85Sooner
10/29/2008, 07:00 AM
TO ALL MY FRIENDS....LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE........FYI only.
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

BUT American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.
In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION
DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~
$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR
STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT
PORTFOLIOS!

SoonerStormchaser
10/29/2008, 07:40 AM
Yah....that's an old one...and some of the results might be a bit skewed (like...oh I don't know...the gas prices).

Please, give it a rest. I think all the people that think Bush is the anti-Christ are stupid ****ers just like you, but enough already.

lexsooner
10/29/2008, 07:57 AM
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

BUT American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.
In the PAST YEAR:

PORTFOLIOS!

That's plain retarded, simple-minded reasoning only listeners of Hannity and Quinn/Rose would believe. Correlation does not mean causation. Under the reasoning above, you could argue the GOP "caused" the 9-11 attacks and the Katrina mess, since they happened at the same time as the GOP was in control of the Executive and Legislative Branches in Washington. Of course that would be silly, just like the post above.

achiro
10/29/2008, 08:08 AM
That's plain retarded, simple-minded reasoning only listeners of Hannity and Quinn/Rose would believe. Correlation does not mean causation. Under the reasoning above, you could argue the GOP "caused" the 9-11 attacks and the Katrina mess, since they happened at the same time as the GOP was in control of the Executive and Legislative Branches in Washington. Of course that would be silly, just like the post above.

So are you saying all of that stuff is Bush's fault then?

Okla-homey
10/29/2008, 08:15 AM
They don't care. They are foaming at the mouth to elect the First Black Jimmy Carter.

stoopified
10/29/2008, 08:25 AM
I love bush,if it's neatly trimmed. :D:D:D:D

lexsooner
10/29/2008, 08:53 AM
They don't care. They are foaming at the mouth to elect the Fist Black Jimmy Carter.

I think so. Two white Jimmy Carters (Carter and W) are enough, so let's try another color. ;)

Viking Kitten
10/29/2008, 09:18 AM
I just paid $1.93 for gas, that's the lowest it's been since 2005. Thanks, Democrats!

lexsooner
10/29/2008, 09:30 AM
And I just got a raise and upgraded my house and car in the last two years. Thanks, Democrats!!!!!! And we did not have any major terrorist attacks against the U.S. in the last two years. Thanks, Democrats!!!!!!!!! And the last hurricane down in Galveston was not nearly as bad as the GOP-controlled Katrina hurricane of 2005. Thanks, Democrats!!!!!!!!!!!

jkjsooner
10/29/2008, 09:32 AM
:gary:

In the PAST YEAR:

PORTFOLIOS!

Okay, so the economic storm wasn't brewing three years ago? We were not in the middle of the biggest housing bubble this country (and world?) has ever seen three years ago? Mortgage brokers weren't giving anyone with a pulse million dollar loans and selling them to Wall Street who was packaging them up as AAA rated securities three years ago?

And since the problems started manifesting themselves over a year ago (July of '07) you only had a few months of democratic controlled congress.

C'mon. Wake up and use some common sense for once. This storm has been brewing for a long long time. You don't get yourself on the brink of a depression in a few short months.

I find it interesting that you will on one hand blame it on the Clinton policies from the '90s (some truth BTW) and on the other say it was all caused in the last two years.

If you want to blame Democrats then fine. They do share plenty of blame. Just try to use some common sense when you do it.

You will not find one respected economist who believes that the roots of the current financial storm started after Jan of '07.

StoopTroup
10/29/2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks to the Democratic Congress...

I'm debt free and about to buy up some foreclosed properties....

I'm gonna be rich!

yermom
10/29/2008, 10:55 AM
the economy was fine for 7.5 years of Bush? :confused:

not saying it was Bush's fault, but it was pretty much in the crapper most of the last 8 years

and being happy for ~$2 gas still makes me sad

achiro
10/29/2008, 11:05 AM
the economy was fine for 7.5 years of Bush? :confused:

not saying it was Bush's fault, but it was pretty much in the crapper most of the last 8 years

and being happy for ~$2 gas still makes me sad

Define "in the crapper":confused:

mdklatt
10/29/2008, 12:50 PM
Define "in the crapper":confused:

How about "salaries not keeping pace with inflation"?

yermom
10/29/2008, 01:52 PM
crapper might be a bit strong, but decent jobs going to India and being replaced with crappy ones might look good with employment numbers, but doesn't exactly pay for your over-inflated house you bought

mdklatt
10/29/2008, 02:10 PM
crapper might be a bit strong, but decent jobs going to India and being replaced with crappy ones might look good with employment numbers, but doesn't exactly pay for your over-inflated house you bought

Oklahoma City's "telecommunications industry" = call centers

Vaevictis
10/29/2008, 02:36 PM
To all my friends, liberal or conservative:

This is probably the 20th time I've seen this particular meme posted here on Sooner Fans.

Get some original material.