PDA

View Full Version : Silly Pokes

hgarmorer
10/29/2008, 05:46 AM
Check out the comment on FOXSPORTS about the pokes...
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=8728222#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=8727978

badger
10/29/2008, 10:05 AM
I will spoil it for you all that aren't clicking linkys today:

Already their fans are saying that it's more impressive to lose by four points to a No. 1 team than to win by seven points (like USC over Arizona) over an unranked team. Where did they learn that losing should be rewarded? From Michigan fans?

Let's also spoil what they say on other teams of interest:

Aren't we all rooting for the Golden Hurricane? Just think, Captain Cane would actually get prime-time exposure if Tulsa made it as a BCS-buster!
Perhaps you haven't noticed: Captain Cane hasn't been seen all season. Sad face? Smile face? Nah - I'm confused. :confused:

Well, here's the kiss of death. Every time the Ducks get ranked, they promptly lose. Oregon finally gets back in the top 25, and next up for the Ducks? At Cal. It was fun while it lasted. Again.
I am starting to like this FSN feature.

The Sooners lose one game and no one is talking about them in the BCS race because of that loss against Texas. But everyone is talking about the one-loss Gators. Sooners fans might just finally figure out the BCS and enjoy flying under the radar. It worked for LSU last year.
:D Sweeeet!

85sooners
10/29/2008, 10:54 AM
:pop:

rondog79
10/29/2008, 11:14 AM
The Sooners lose one game and no one is talking about them in the BCS race because of that loss against Texas. But everyone is talking about the one-loss Gators. Sooners fans might just finally figure out the BCS and enjoy flying under the radar. It worked for LSU last year.

true dat

OUmillenium
10/29/2008, 11:31 AM
Trix are for kids

StoopTroup
10/29/2008, 11:51 AM

true dat

You remember when we got the number one ranking and folks around here felt like it might be a curse....

Maybe it was...

I'm more in line with what your saying though...I think we're gonna get it together on Defense and recover.

I'm hoping Bob, the Team and the Staff are looking at this season, one game at a time right now. I think it's what's going to get us through to a good Bowl.

I haven't been able to make a Bowl Game the last few years...

If we're undefeated after the stoolwater game and we don't get to the Big XII Championship...I'm gonna do everything I can to get to OUr Bowl Game this time.

I just have a feeling about this team...I think they are one of the best Bob's had. They will have lost one game and faced down adversity at that point and will deserve to have as many of us at our next Bowl appearance so we can help root them on to an end of these Bowl Game losses.

If your not excited about what we have to watch the rest of the way...

You shOUld be IMO.

If it POs you...hang on...we're in for a ride IMO....

GO SOONERS ! ! !

SHUCK THE FUSKERS ! ! !

RedstickSooner
10/29/2008, 10:11 PM
Well, flying under the radar can be great at times -- but if we get to where we're awful close to some other teams with the same record (like if there's a bunch of 1 loss teams) the ones that have been making the most noise will often get dubbed as most "worthy" of the invite no matter what any objective measure might state.

And with how contrary voters have become about the BCS, if we're higher in the BCS but not making noise, I can almost guarantee that the AP will make a point of voting for whoever got "cheated" by the BCS instead of whoever wins the crystal football.

Collier11
10/29/2008, 10:17 PM
Im completely confident that we will play our best and most complete game of the yr against TT and stomp their arses...going to Stilly worries me still

BoulderSooner79
10/29/2008, 10:33 PM
If we can win out and are tied with other 1 loss teams, the conference winners will get the nod in the human portion of the BCS rankings and I can't argue with that.

mdklatt
10/30/2008, 09:24 AM
Where did they learn that losing should be rewarded?

Is this a rhetorical question? "Moral victories" and only caring if you beat one team every year as long it's your rival isn't unique to oSu. I mean, doesn't every state have an aggy fan base? It's what they do.

Lott's Bandana
10/30/2008, 09:55 AM
Is this a rhetorical question? "Moral victories" and only caring if you beat one team every year as long it's your rival isn't unique to oSu. I mean, doesn't every state have an aggy fan base? It's what they do.

Nebbish doesn't.

Neither do Arky.