PDA

View Full Version : For the Minority here...

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2008, 01:12 AM
that think Austin Box sucked it up on his first ever start...

I kindly ask you to answer the following questions....

How good was Brian Bosworth in his first start?
How good was Curtis Lofton in his first start?
How good was Rufus Alexander in his frist start?
How good was Rocky Calmus in his first start?
How good was Teddy Lehman in his first start?

I thought Austin Box did a decent job in his first start. Yes, sometimes he was out of position. Sometimes he got caught up in the blocks. But please remember this was the first time he seen significant playing time since his Senior year in High School, let alone his first start in college.

So please, give him some time...If he is still playing like he did Saturday come the TTU game, then we should worry about him.

And by all means....Please do not even suggest that the defense gave up a lot of point last week thanks to him. It take 11 guys to play defense.

StoopTroup
10/29/2008, 01:23 AM
I can see your point.

The deal is...we are looking for not only a MLB but a Leader.

It's a lot of pressure when you've got so much riding on you this deep into the Season. I think he did an adequate job and probably will get a chance to see a lot of tape this week. Hopefully he'll be able to step up even more against the Huskers and then again against the Aggies.

It's good that we have the Huskers at Home and the College Station Game to work on our Defense and get ready for a stand off with Sand Aggie in Norman and what is shaping up to be an even bigger game in Stoolwater should they continue to win after losing in Austin last week.

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2008, 01:32 AM
I can see your point.

It's a lot of pressure when you've got so much riding on you this deep into the Season. I think he did an adequate job and probably will get a chance to see a lot of tape this week. Hopefully he'll be able to step up even more against the Huskers and then again against the Aggies.

It's good that we have the Huskers at Home and the College Station Game to work on our Defense and get ready for a stand off with Sand Aggie in Norman and what is shaping up to be an even bigger game in Stoolwater should they continue to win after losing in Austin last week.

Trust me...neither of the LBs I mentioned were leaders in their first season, let alone their first ever start!

It will take some time. If none of the back seven want to be the leader, then maybe one of our very good DLinemen should step it up!

It should not fall unto Austin Box's shoulders just because he is playing the Mike position.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2008, 01:48 AM

Well then, how about 1 of the more experienced players at another position step it up and lead? Box will come along and we'll all be loving him in a game or 2 and NEXT year he'll be a leader.