PDA

View Full Version : A question to those of you who are blaming Stoops:

MamaMia
10/28/2008, 11:02 AM
Do you believe that the problems that we've had, have been ongoing and responsible for the last 3 out of 4 OU/texas game losses and all of the BCS Bowl game losses, and if so, please pinpoint those problems in order of importance. Thanks. :)

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2008, 11:47 AM
Each OU/UT games has been different.
'05 doesn't count. That was UT's best team and our rebuilding year after sending 10+ players to the NFL and losing a heisman QB. No way we win.
'06 offensive play calling coming out of half-time not trusting PT enough.
'07 great play calling and execution. great half-time D adjustments.
'08 RR getting hurt in the second qtr and some questionable play calls
(not going on 4th & 2, repeatedly running on 1st down when it wasn't working.

Each bowl was unique too.

Sasakwa
10/28/2008, 11:52 AM
Don't want to get bogged down in semantics, but not sure "blame" is the right word. Ultimately, he is responsible for the good and the bad. So he is ultimately responsible for a Top 5 ranking, but he is also ultimately responsible for the problems with the defense. Thats the deal when you're the HC.

1890MilesToNorman
10/28/2008, 11:55 AM
My only problem with Bob is in the BCS games, the Sooners just don't seem to want it as much as our opponents. I don't know what the problem is and I don't think Bob does either. He needs to figure out how t keep the team ready during the month of December.

OUmillenium
10/28/2008, 11:57 AM
One of my problems is that the recruiting is not taking in enough local guys. No Jenks players (Beeler transferred) and only 1 Union player in the last 4-5 recruiting classes? Wow

OUmillenium
10/28/2008, 11:58 AM
+ Tress Way, my bad

JLEW1818
10/28/2008, 12:27 PM
hmmmmm maybe we can try and shake things up on defense..... new DC ? Because what we have now is not working. And it's not going to happen over night.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/28/2008, 12:27 PM
One of my problems is that the recruiting is not taking in enough local guys. No Jenks players (Beeler transferred) and only 1 Union player in the last 4-5 recruiting classes? Wow

historically, how many of those guys have been D1 material though? especially union. jenks had a pretty good run of talent for a while, but most of the talent in the past has come from lawton, ada, or some of the smaller towns (chickasha etc).

NormanPride
10/28/2008, 01:07 PM
Schools with winning programs often don't have really good players. They just have a lot of pretty good ones, so they don't have as many weaknesses. It's the one-shot, how-the-hell-did-Antlers-win-a-6A-championship type teams that you look for your studs. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/28/2008, 01:10 PM
Personally, I blame Hurrican Katrina for everything..or is it el nino?

Johnny Utah
10/28/2008, 08:11 PM
My only problem with Bob is in the BCS games, the Sooners just don't seem to want it as much as our opponents. I don't know what the problem is and I don't think Bob does either. He needs to figure out how t keep the team ready during the month of December.

Same here FWIW. Like it or not it's what a team is defined by until the next bowl game. I'm sure we've all had our fill of reminders of the Boise State and WVU games. OU needs to get that monkey off its back in a big way and who better to figure that out than the HC.

85sooners
10/28/2008, 08:16 PM
:hot: :hot:

Crimson_Balls
10/28/2008, 08:19 PM
I just want an 8th national championship