PDA

View Full Version : legal question?

stonecoldsoonerfan
10/28/2008, 10:29 AM
i am considering getting into oil & gas lease brokerage. i tried calling the ok. realtor assoc., who in turn pointed me in the direction of the okla. atty. gen's. office, which transferred me back to the okla. realtor assoc., so i tried to find out on my own to no avail.

my question is this-does someone that charges commission on the buying/selling of oil & gas leases need to have a realtor's license or some other legal requirement to do so? what all would be involved in this? and would i have to go through this in each state that there is property in question?

thanks in advance.

frankensooner
10/28/2008, 11:15 AM
Three years of Law School and you are golden.

Okla-homey
10/28/2008, 11:16 AM
i am considering getting into oil & gas lease brokerage. i tried calling the ok. realtor assoc., who in turn pointed me in the direction of the okla. atty. gen's. office, which transferred me back to the okla. realtor assoc., so i tried to find out on my own to no avail.

my question is this-does someone that charges commission on the buying/selling of oil & gas leases need to have a realtor's license or some other legal requirement to do so? what all would be involved in this? and would i have to go through this in each state that there is property in question?

thanks in advance.

http://www.landman.org/