PDA

View Full Version : Let this end the 3-way tie question...once and for all

sooner59
10/27/2008, 08:59 PM
Follow this link for a flow chart on the "ifs" and "buts" on whether there will be a 3-way tie and how it works. The only thing it doesn't tell you is that the tiebreaker is the highest BCS ranked team goes to the Big 12 CG. All Big 12 South scenarios are played out. Enjoy.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/the_sweep/posts/17944

Husker Penguin
10/28/2008, 12:03 AM
Don't worry about it. After you lose to my mighty Huskers, it won't be a problem.

sooner59
10/28/2008, 12:11 AM
Sorry im not familiar with the mighty Huskers, they must play division II ball. If you are talking about Nebraska, then I say......eh. Not impressed, not worried. Will probably leave midway through the 4th quarter due to Sooners winning by A LOT and needing to beat the crowd late at night. On a side note, im fairly sure each opponent's "penguin" is the same person week after week posting under a different name just to stir the pot. Its mildly entertaining, but getting old.

JLEW1818
10/28/2008, 12:15 AM
Dang that is pretty cool sooner 59 !!!!

Curly Bill
10/28/2008, 12:21 AM
I like the Opponent Penguin. The Opponent Penguin rocks. :D

Husker Penguin
10/28/2008, 12:28 AM
On a side note, im fairly sure each opponent's "penguin" is the same person week after week posting under a different name just to stir the pot.

Y'all must smoke some strong stuff in them Norman trailer parks.

JLEW1818
10/28/2008, 06:53 AM
Go play with some corn.

SoonerWally
10/28/2008, 08:10 AM
Husker Penguin must be referring to Chadron State. They are the undisputed leaders of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference after the thrilling come-from-behind win over the Colorado School of Mines, coupled with Adams State's upset of Mesa State. http://www.csc.edu/athletics/news/list.csc?article=4562. I sure hope we can beat the Eagles, er... Huskers.

SteelClip49
10/28/2008, 08:14 AM
Nebraska is lucky they didn't run into Ball State this season. Well, expect much worse you candy corns. Sooners 59 Corn 24.

badger
10/28/2008, 09:06 AM
Our only hope for a three win tie right now (so that we can put it to rest) is if Tech beats Texas and we beat Tech. Just beating OSU will not do (that gives them two losses, so it wouldn't be a three win tie of anything, unless we all were to get two losses, in which case who gives a dayum about a tie anymore).

If Texas wins against Tech, there's no more talk of a three way tie. Then we pray that Texas loses it's final games (hahahahaha).

However, in any scenario, the Sooners must continue winning and not lose. At all.

KingBarry
10/28/2008, 09:54 AM
Our only hope for a three win tie right now (so that we can put it to rest) is if Tech beats Texas and we beat Tech. Just beating OSU will not do (that gives them two losses, so it wouldn't be a three win tie of anything, unless we all were to get two losses, in which case who gives a dayum about a tie anymore).

If Texas wins against Tech, there's no more talk of a three way tie. Then we pray that Texas loses it's final games (hahahahaha).

However, in any scenario, the Sooners must continue winning and not lose. At all.

Not so complicated really. If Texas does NOT lose in Lubbock, our chances largely go down the toilet. If Tech wins Saturday, and we win out, we are very likely to go to the Big XII Championship game.

But we would have to get past both Tech and OSU -- and that game in Stillwater is already keeping me awake at night.

I hate playing at Slim Pickens. Hate it. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick a winner right now, I couldn't pick OU.

The D has just played too inconsistently for me to think we are going to shut the prolific OSU offense down on their own field. And I just don't know if we are going to win a shootout in a stadium where we rarely win by more than one TD.

Maybe we'll catch them playing for a moral victory?

Does anyone realize that if those idiots had managed to hold on and beat Tx last week, they would be in the midst of the BCS title hunt? I feel like I need a shower after typing that.

badger
10/28/2008, 10:12 AM
If it helps you sleep better, OSU has beaten exactly ONE ranked opponent this year, the same one we pounded twice last year. We, on the other hand, have beaten TWO. Before your wakey-up-they-beat-their-opponent-on-the-road voice wakes you up again, remember that we beat those guys both here and on the road and without any fear. Awwww, the wittle Chasey Daniel tinks he can win teh Highsman twofee. How cute. :D

Sleep better - OSU has yet to do anything major they didn't do last year. Have a strong showing against Texas? Hell, last year they built up a huge lead against them and lost it in the final quarter. Whoop de friggin' doo :D

JLEW1818
10/28/2008, 10:23 AM
Texas still has to go to Kansas and play the aggies, who knows

MojoRisen
10/28/2008, 10:48 AM
I think Tech pounds Texas this week, I have a gut feeling since the beginning of the year Texas would go down here.

Tech also gets OSU at Lubbock - I am a tech fan this weekend.. Also the cow pukes are good but they don't scare me... We destroyed them last year and match up well. I have a feeling that we are not going to go in there with a play tight mantality and should be fine... It isn't like we don't have more talen than they do and can score at will on them...

htownsooner7
10/28/2008, 02:27 PM
I really hope Tech pulls through. Problem is that you never know which Tech team will show up and Texas has been pretty consistent.

JLEW1818
10/28/2008, 02:56 PM
I think Tech pounds Texas this week, I have a gut feeling since the beginning of the year Texas would go down here.

Tech also gets OSU at Lubbock - I am a tech fan this weekend.. Also the cow pukes are good but they don't scare me... We destroyed them last year and match up well. I have a feeling that we are not going to go in there with a play tight mantality and should be fine... It isn't like we don't have more talen than they do and can score at will on them...

If anything this will help us a ton. Tech could be number 1 by the time we play them. I think it would help if Missouri won out, so if we do make it to the big 12 ship, the opponent has a decent ranking.

Because Penn State might be undefeated sitting there. And it would help us over a 1 loss sec champ. uhhhh lots of games left. I just don't want to be stuck in the position where people give it to penn state b/c of joe, if we only have 1 loss and win the big 12.

stoopified
10/28/2008, 03:51 PM
If it helps you sleep better, OSU has beaten exactly ONE ranked opponent this year, the same one we pounded twice last year. We, on the other hand, have beaten TWO. Before your wakey-up-they-beat-their-opponent-on-the-road voice wakes you up again, remember that we beat those guys both here and on the road and without any fear. Awwww, the wittle Chasey Daniel tinks he can win teh Highsman twofee. How cute. :D

Sleep better - OSU has yet to do anything major they didn't do last year. Have a strong showing against Texas? Hell, last year they built up a huge lead against them and lost it in the final quarter. Whoop de friggin' doo :DCould NOT have said it better myself.

KingDavid
10/28/2008, 04:37 PM
If anything this will help us a ton. Tech could be number 1 by the time we play them. I think it would help if Missouri won out, so if we do make it to the big 12 ship, the opponent has a decent ranking.

Because Penn State might be undefeated sitting there. And it would help us over a 1 loss sec champ. uhhhh lots of games left. I just don't want to be stuck in the position where people give it to penn state b/c of joe, if we only have 1 loss and win the big 12.

Hell will freeze over before they let a one-loss OU into the title game ahead of an undefeated Penn State.

We need Penn State to choke on one of these upcoming games . . . and they will.

htownsooner7
10/30/2008, 10:19 AM
I'm concerned that we are going to get put behind the winner of the UGA-Fla game this week. That isn't good and it will be tough for us to jump back in front of one of them if they end up winning their conference.

Big Red Ron
10/30/2008, 10:37 AM
. Its mildly entertaining, but getting old.Opponent Penguin's been with us for more than a decade. Imagine now, how old it feels.;)

MojoRisen
10/30/2008, 10:39 AM
Georgia is closest - so pull for FLorida- I doubt the jump from 10 to 4... Georgia is 7 I believe.

IronHorseSooner
10/30/2008, 10:54 AM
Georgia is closest - so pull for FLorida- I doubt the jump from 10 to 4... Georgia is 7 I believe.

Also, UGA has been crowned as having the toughest schedule ever:rolleyes: even before the season. FLA still has to go to Tallahassee to play an improving FSU team. FLA has the better chance of losing after this game, and if they beat 'Bama (I just don't hold out any hope of LSU beating them, even in Death Valley), that would just about eliminate the SEC with a 2-loss team as their champion. So, yes, pull for FLA (I think they win anyway).