PDA

View Full Version : Very thoughtful article on media bias from a 30 year veteran

85Sooner
10/27/2008, 06:17 PM
He has been with the WSJ, NY times , Fortune.etc......
Columnist Michael Malone Looks at Slanted Election Coverage and the Reasons Why: put out by ABC

The traditional media are playing a very, very dangerous game -- with their readers, with the Constitution and with their own fates.

The media have covered this presidential campaign with a bias and that ultimately could lead to its downfall.The sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign is not just bewildering, but appalling. And over the last few months I've found myself slowly moving from shaking my head at the obvious one-sided reporting, to actually shouting at the screen of my television and my laptop computer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=6099188&page=1

Jerk
10/27/2008, 06:30 PM
He has been with the WSJ, NY times , Fortune.etc......
Columnist Michael Malone Looks at Slanted Election Coverage and the Reasons Why: put out by ABC

The traditional media are playing a very, very dangerous game -- with their readers, with the Constitution and with their own fates.

The media have covered this presidential campaign with a bias and that ultimately could lead to its downfall.The sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign is not just bewildering, but appalling. And over the last few months I've found myself slowly moving from shaking my head at the obvious one-sided reporting, to actually shouting at the screen of my television and my laptop computer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Story?id=6099188&page=1

Yes, not even a pretense of objectivity anymore, as Rush says

Widescreen
10/27/2008, 06:36 PM
I read that earlier today. I wonder if democrats even think there's anything wrong with this.

Conservative (or leaning): Fox News, Talk Radio, WSJ
Liberal (or leaning): CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NY Times, Wash Post, LA Times

And with the likely resurgence of the fairness doctrine, you can pretty much remove the 3 from the Conservative list.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 06:45 PM
The left likes to censor.

Chuck Bao
10/27/2008, 06:54 PM
That goes under ABC News?

Good Gawd, journalism has indeed gone downhill.

What a POS article. I did this. I thought this. I jumped over a candlestick. I wasted everyone's time. The end.

He could have condensed it all down to the media needs to interview Obama's former college drug dealers. Like that's going to be really important.

He is right about one thing. CNN International is biased. It is so pro-American that it does lose sight of journalistic integrity.

85Sooner
10/27/2008, 07:16 PM
That goes under ABC News?

Good Gawd, journalism has indeed gone downhill.

What a POS article. I did this. I thought this. I jumped over a candlestick. I wasted everyone's time. The end.

He could have condensed it all down to the media needs to interview Obama's former college drug dealers. Like that's going to be really important.

He is right about one thing. CNN International is biased. It is so pro-American that it does lose sight of journalistic integrity.

Heh

Jerk
10/27/2008, 08:01 PM
Heh

If that's true, then I wish Cox would ditch regular CNN and get me some of that International stuff.