PDA

View Full Version : Holy ****...water is wet!

SoonerStormchaser
10/27/2008, 03:09 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, in a stunning piece of news...Politicians are corrupt:
Sen. Ted Stevens Found Guilty in Corruption Case
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/27/stevens.jurors/index.html

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 03:15 PM
"Character is not an issue" - William J. Clinton

soonerscuba
10/27/2008, 03:24 PM
Louisiana on the Bering Sea.

Hot Rod
10/27/2008, 03:36 PM
http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0004/D5/36/D536A7BF9501CA1D96258C.jpg

"Guilty as charggggggggggggged!"

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2008, 03:56 PM
My bad, SSC.

Anyhow, rather gratified that the prosecutorial screwups in this case didn't end up costing them the case.

royalfan5
10/27/2008, 04:04 PM
My bad, SSC.

Anyhow, rather gratified that the prosecutorial screwups in this case didn't end up costing them the case.

Eh, the Prosectors probably all got 127's on their LSAT.

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2008, 05:13 PM
I'd like to point out that Ted Stevens isn't FROM Alaska. He's a carpet-bagging Indianan. :D

Also, this ain't over for Stevens. As a result of sworn testimony from him and his wife during the trial, he likely faces charges of misappropriation of Senate Funds-his wife was apparently using his staff as her personal servants.

In a way, this really is kind of too bad. Ted Stevens has done a lot of good over his career, and I really believe that for the vast majority of his time in the Senate he really was looking out for the interests of Alaska and Alaskans as he saw it. I rarely agreed with the man, but the impact he's had on the state is undeniable.

It's too bad that his career is ending like this. Or hell, it may not. Knowing some of my neighbors, he may win reelection yet.

royalfan5
10/27/2008, 05:17 PM
I'd like to point out that Ted Stevens isn't FROM Alaska. He's a carpet-bagging Indianan. :D

Also, this ain't over for Stevens. As a result of sworn testimony from him and his wife during the trial, he likely faces charges of misappropriation of Senate Funds-his wife was apparently using his staff as her personal servants.

In a way, this really is kind of too bad. Ted Stevens has done a lot of good over his career, and I really believe that for the vast majority of his time in the Senate he really was looking out for the interests of Alaska and Alaskans as he saw it. I rarely agreed with the man, but the impact he's had on the state is undeniable.

It's too bad that his career is ending like this. Or hell, it may not. Knowing some of my neighbors, he may win reelection yet.
Do you regret naming one of your cats after him now, though?

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2008, 05:18 PM
Heh. Neither Ted nor Steve is named after him.

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2008, 05:45 PM
And it is nice that a candidate that I campaigned for will actually win for once. Probably.