PDA

View Full Version : Willingham out at year end-official.

royalfan5
10/27/2008, 02:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3667258

auto
10/27/2008, 02:28 PM
Real Shock.:D :pop:

bri
10/27/2008, 02:29 PM
I can't help but think that in some small way, this is our fault.

Mostly though, I think that it's because he's a horrible coach.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/27/2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think he's a horrible coach. How would you like to try and clean up neuheisel's sh*t?

Hot Rod
10/27/2008, 03:38 PM
I heard he hated the siren when they scored, so he just shut that thing down on his end.

snp
10/27/2008, 04:42 PM
I don't think he's a horrible coach. How would you like to try and clean up neuheisel's sh*t?

No, he was about as bad as it gets.

Widescreen
10/27/2008, 04:46 PM
Expect Jesse Jackson to call for inquiries any day now.

Sooner04
10/27/2008, 04:47 PM
No, he was about as bad as it gets.
John Blake couldn't win at Stanford.

He's not a great coach, but he's far from the worst. He had an awful mess to clean up at UW after the Neuheisel and Gilbertson's tenures. No real reason to be as bad as they are this year though.

tommieharris91
10/27/2008, 04:56 PM
He got his fair 4 years and he didn't have a team above .500 in any of those years. He dieserves it this time.

snp
10/27/2008, 06:00 PM
John Blake couldn't win at Stanford.

He's not a great coach, but he's far from the worst. He had an awful mess to clean up at UW after the Neuheisel and Gilbertson's tenures. No real reason to be as bad as they are this year though.

I'm a big ND fan as well so I'm well aware of how awful he is. He is terrible.

Sooner04
10/27/2008, 07:45 PM
I'm a big ND fan as well so I'm well aware of how awful he is. He is terrible.
Charlie Weis can't win without Tyrone's players.

85sooners
10/27/2008, 08:28 PM
He got his fair 4 years and he didn't have a team above .500 in any of those years. He dieserves it this time. yeah go on git loser:P

Jack T.
10/27/2008, 08:38 PM
Hmm. . .so they're looking for a new coach. I know of a top-notch Defensive Coordinator that needs a head coaching job. I'd sure hate to see him go, but it'd be good for his career, don't you know.

snp
10/27/2008, 10:34 PM
Charlie Weis can't win without Tyrone's players.

Willingham can't win with his own players.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/27/2008, 11:55 PM
My guess is Gary Pinkel is the next UW coach. He has ties and MU looks to lose a bunch of their team, especially if Maclin goes pro.

aurorasooner
10/28/2008, 01:04 AM
My guess is Gary Pinkel is the next UW coach. He has ties and MU looks to lose a bunch of their team, especially if Maclin goes pro.Mike Price was probably on a plane to Seattle this morning. Heck, if he could win and recruit to the middle of nowhere like WAZU---but I doubt if UW would hire any WAZU retread. UW is like Nebraska, they need a coach who can long-distance recruit well as in Cali. CU's lucky they locked up Hawkins contract because Udub would've probably gone after him. Maybe former Whoregon OC and now LSU OC Crowton is a possibility.
I agree that Pinkel may their initial choice, because of the Pinkel/UW ties, but I'm not sure Pinkel would even want that job and not sure UW would want a coach that took forever to take Missouri to the top of a weak Big 12 North and still hasn't won the Big 12.

royalfan5
10/28/2008, 08:38 AM
If you are Pinkel is it really worth rebuilding another program? He is nearing 60, at a program that has good resources and a good in-state talent base. If he really wants to live in the Northwest again, he isn't that far from retirement age. I think he will stay put, and Washington will make a run at Chris Peterson, Jim Mora, Jr, and maybe a Lane Kiffin first.

boomermagic
10/28/2008, 02:14 PM
Hmm. . .so they're looking for a new coach. I know of a top-notch Defensive Coordinator that needs a head coaching job. I'd sure hate to see him go, but it'd be good for his career, don't you know.

:pop:

boomermagic
10/28/2008, 02:15 PM
If you are Pinkel is it really worth rebuilding another program? He is nearing 60, at a program that has good resources and a good in-state talent base. If he really wants to live in the Northwest again, he isn't that far from retirement age. I think he will stay put, and Washington will make a run at Chris Peterson, Jim Mora, Jr, and maybe a Lane Kiffin first.

Is washington a better job than Mo ? It once was but I'm not sure it is now...

boomermagic
10/28/2008, 02:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3667258

Obviously, It won't happen but Mike Stoops would be a good fit there.. He hasn't had a fair chance at Zona IMO.. Like i said, I know it won't happen..

PDXsooner
10/28/2008, 06:18 PM

wow. willingham's not a horrible coach? have you seen the lack of talent/ability in seattle???

PDXsooner
10/28/2008, 06:20 PM
He hasn't had a fair chance at Zona IMO..

do you mind elaborating? i'm just curious how you figure this.

tommieharris91
10/28/2008, 06:39 PM

Probably not Mora. I think he's in line to get the Seahawks job when Holmgren leaves.

westcoast_sooner
10/29/2008, 12:58 AM
Stanford won the Pac-10 with Willingham - that in itself is pretty good. Some coaches never win a conference championship, and some don't win one until much later in life. But sometimes the fit isn't good, and it's probably the best for everyone if he moves on.

I do wonder, however, if Pinkel were to leave if he would have the kind of success he's had at Mizzou. It seems like when he was on the hot seat a couple of years ago before Chase Daniel emerged. Sometimes coaches move on and find they can't recreate the success they had in their old job - not the same chemistry, not the same thinking from the AD, nor the alumni.