PDA

View Full Version : Miami Game Reschedule for 2009

KingDavid
10/27/2008, 12:17 AM
AP reports that Dolphins stadium is booked for the weekend we were supposed to play @ Miami. Does anyone know what our schedule WAS supposed to look like and the date to which the Miami game will now need to be moved?

Perhaps they'll just need to come back to OUr place again!:D:eek:

AllAboutThe'O'
10/27/2008, 12:20 AM
Maybe Howard Schnellenberger will let us play at Florida Atlantic's stadium.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/27/2008, 09:30 AM
How can a schedule mistake like this be made? Aren't the schedules known far in advance?

OUDoc
10/27/2008, 09:43 AM
Where's the story link, KingDavid?

adoniijahsooner
10/27/2008, 09:48 AM
Who's Stadium is it? The Dolphins, The Hurricane's or the Marlins? I would think that OU coming to play the hurricane would trump the marlins. More exposure and money to had.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/27/2008, 09:48 AM
I posted the fact that the Marlins were scheduled to play the same day in Dolphins Stadium about a month or two ago, but can't find that thread. That is the scheduling conflict.

Blitzkrieg
10/27/2008, 10:14 AM
they skeer'd!

MyT Oklahoma
10/27/2008, 10:46 AM
The story link is right here.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3315951

BudSooner
10/27/2008, 11:16 AM
I'm sure those 3 Marlins fans wouldn't mind seeing a real contest instead of that ****fest known as Florida baseball.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/27/2008, 12:56 PM
I'm sure those 3 Marlins fans wouldn't mind seeing a real contest instead of that ****fest known as Florida baseball.

Amen to that. Earlier this year, they had 600 people for a game against thr Braves.....600 PEOPLE!

Dio
10/27/2008, 01:06 PM

As opposed to the dozens that'll show up for a 'caines game? ;)

That said, isn't there a park or YMCA the Marlins could play at that day?

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 07:10 PM
Maybe Howard that old drunk will let us play at Florida Atlantic's stadium.

Say what you will about Howard but he's taken a team from scratch to a bowl winner faster than any coach ever. The problem wasn't Howard, it was that idiot AD.

BudSooner
10/27/2008, 07:16 PM
As opposed to the dozens that'll show up for a 'caines game? ;)

That said, isn't there a park or YMCA the Marlins could play at that day?

Uh, Dio you are missing the point.
It's not like it would be the coCanes vs Wake Forrest or the like...no sir it's OUr Sooners vs the coCanes.

See? WF=3 fans showing up, OU...the place will be a sellout to witness the baddassness that is Oklahoma football.

redhawk49
10/27/2008, 07:23 PM
Say what you will about Howard but he's taken a team from scratch to a bowl winner faster than any coach ever. The problem wasn't Howard, it was that idiot AD.

No. Say what YOU will about Howard but he put OU football "on the road" to the outhouse faster than any coach ever!

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 07:37 PM
He's pretty popular down here.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/27/2008, 07:45 PM

Who was the AD back then? Was it still Donnie Duncan? I don't think Steve Owens's stint started until 1996.

KingDavid
10/27/2008, 07:49 PM

Here's what I'll say about Howard, in fact TO Howard:

"Howard, I really don't give a flying you-know-what about the past, about your drinking habits, about how you're coaching these days, or even about the temporary damage you did to OUr program. What makes me hotter n' hell, however, is that every year you vote OU down about 10 spots below where the rest of the coaching community puts us in the final BCS polls. You should have your voting priveleges rescinded, you spiteful ba$tard.

Are you kidding me? Do you still feel bitter about the fact that one of the greatest college football traditions didn't have time to wait for you to get your bad habits kicked? It's not the past that brings you dishonor, you shameful turd. It's your juvenile, petty behavior TODAY, right here in the present, that let's everyone in the college football community know that you have about the same emotional maturity level as an overly-indulged 13 year old girl who didn't make the cut for the JV pom squad.

You can bring your FAU squad to Owen Field anytime you want a fat check for your program and a serious beat-down for you and your program. It's an open invitation, you coward.:mad:

SoonerStormchaser
10/27/2008, 07:59 PM

**** OFF DIP****!!!!!
(see pic below)

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/27/2008, 08:02 PM
**** OFF DIP****!!!!!
(see pic below)

I see two Marlins fans in that pic. Where's the third? ;)

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 08:11 PM
Don't be hatin' on my fish. It's not like the local Rangers have ever done anything special.

BudSooner
10/27/2008, 08:24 PM
Ok, so **** the Rangers too....feel better?

I've never supported the Rangers. ;)

BudSooner
10/27/2008, 08:30 PM
**** OFF DIP****!!!!!
(see pic below)
Heh, so you two are the sole beings supporting the team.

KingDavid
10/27/2008, 08:51 PM
Where's the story link, KingDavid?

My bad. Posted and forgot the linky. Looks like MyT Oklahoma covered for me, though!

bluedogok
10/27/2008, 09:01 PM
There is always a "pecking order" for facilities, I would bet the Dolphins are first, Marlins second and Canes third and whoever else uses the facility follows after that. The Marlins need a baseball stadium or they need to move, I know there has been talk about one at the old Orange Bowl site. Is there anything happening with that?

Paperclip
10/27/2008, 09:16 PM
How can a schedule mistake like this be made? Aren't the schedules known far in advance?

When the game was scheduled the 'canes were still playing in the Orange Bowl. This is their first season at Dolphin Stadium.

JLEW1818
10/27/2008, 10:42 PM
10/10 - Baylor
10/17 - Texas (Dallas)
10/24 - at Kansas
10/31 - Kansas State
11/07 - at Nebraska
11/14 - Texas A&M
11/21 - at Texas Tech
11/28 - OSU

2009 Non-Conference:
at Miami, Tulsa

aurorasooner
10/28/2008, 12:10 AM
There is always a "pecking order" for facilities, I would bet the Dolphins are first, Marlins second and Canes third and whoever else uses the facility follows after that. Hopefully UM will move it to say Orlando on Saturday afternnon (or at least give the impression that they're going to move it to Orlando to try and work something out with MLB) and don't try to get us to schedule the game on a Thursday Night for ESPN. Those Thursday night/Friday night games are "Big CFB program upset killers). (Don't know how many nights the MLB series is scheduled for).
MLB is a yawner, anyway. Excluding last year when the Rox were playing well, I've maybe watched about 2 hours total in the last 6-7 years and and 1 of those 2 hours was last Sat. Night after the AZ/SUC game because that's the perfect time for MLB, after all the CFB/NFL is over. MLB season should end around Sept 1st anyway, imo.

trwxxa
10/28/2008, 05:41 PM
Sure sounds like the making of an ESPN Thursday night special. :(

stoopified
10/29/2008, 08:07 AM
Say what you will about Howard but he's taken a team from scratch to a bowl winner faster than any coach ever. The problem wasn't Howard, it was that idiot AD.Aside from the fact the man is a drunk,he is a LOUSY excuse for a coach.He damn near killed at least one player with his no water in practice bs.Any average D-1 coach could have built UFA up considering tha it sits in the heart of a fertile recruiting area.Gary Gibbs,Bob Simmons,Gary Barnett,Frank Solich,Dennis Franchione.UFA does not play in a competetive conference and gets wacked every time they play a decent team.I offer two consecutive butt whippings by mediocre oSu squads (23-3 by 4-7 Cowboys,48-8 vs. 7-6 Cowboys) as evidence.Schnelly ain't nothing but a drunk,narcissistic,tired old windbag.

stoopified
10/29/2008, 08:19 AM
UFA also lost to oSu(7-6) a third time by 42-7.OU could use their scout team to beat most of UFA's opponents.Making it to a bowl game so quickly proves two things: 1) There are way too many bowls,2) You can schedule a bowl season if you dig deep enough in the opponent barrel.

Yes,I still detest,in fact loathe Smellyberger.

SoonersEnFuego
10/29/2008, 08:29 AM
**** OFF DIP****!!!!!
(see pic below)
Ease up, holmes. It's just baseball. It's not like he's talking $h*t on an exciting sport. ;)

humblesooner
10/29/2008, 04:28 PM
Don't be hatin' on my fish. It's not like the local Rangers have ever done anything special.

If having more than 600 in attendance for a game vs the Braves is special, then yes they have.

;)

TMcGee86
10/29/2008, 04:59 PM
10/10 - Baylor
10/17 - Texas (Dallas)
10/24 - at Kansas
10/31 - Kansas State
11/07 - at Nebraska
11/14 - Texas A&M
11/21 - at Texas Tech
11/28 - OSU

2009 Non-Conference:
at Miami, Tulsa

We play texas the third saturday in october? How is that possible?

47straight
10/31/2008, 01:04 AM
I got into an innernet argument (yes I'm a moran) with a CoCane fan about how pathetic it was that they didn't even have their own stadium. I feel vindicated.

bringit
10/31/2008, 12:50 PM
He's pretty popular down here.

probably drinks 'rican rum, eats tons of cuban sandwiches and can speak spanish fluently.