PDA

View Full Version : I want Mike Gundy as coach!

oumartin
10/26/2008, 11:38 AM
just kidding but I was pretty impressed with him in the post game interview.

He was calm and took responsibility yet praised his kids as well.

I really don't think he was a man at 40 but at 41 he is. ;)

Tech beats Texas then OSU and we Beat Tech. We will be big 12 Champions! (I hope)

badger
10/26/2008, 11:45 AM
just kidding but I was pretty impressed with him in the post game interview.

He was calm and took responsibility yet praised his kids as well.

I really don't think he was a man at 40 but at 41 he is. ;)

Tech beats Texas then OSU and we Beat Tech. We will be big 12 Champions! (I hope)

Nice :D

but yeah, in seriousness, we all know that he doesn't always remain calm and is a loose cannon

RedstickSooner
10/26/2008, 11:47 AM
I'm still a little puzzled at how that blind squirrel found his nut... Was it weird random luck that has allowed the Pokes to play well this season, or is that coaching staff actually, er, decent?

(The only time I pay any attention to little brother is when we play. Otherwise, I steadfastly ignore them, and it has been very creepy to see them mentioned in national media like they're a real football team.)

Flagstaffsooner
10/26/2008, 11:50 AM
"I like Mike Gundy too. I dated him in college."
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/sheperdchik/shepherd1066.jpg

85sooners
10/26/2008, 02:11 PM
lol

Turd_Ferguson
10/26/2008, 02:13 PM

The eyes would have been enough to turn me off.

DangTire
10/26/2008, 03:20 PM
Yes, it's refreshing to not have coaches who blame their athlete's for losses and then drop them off the depth chart while replacing them with someone even less capable.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/26/2008, 03:33 PM
Umm which coaches are blaming their athletes...Kevin Wilson kind of did with the offensive line..but Duke Robinson said the same thing...

Sooner Stew
10/26/2008, 03:37 PM
I think hes another whiner...i thinks he means box is not as talented as crow? tell me thats not the case because box will be All Big 12 caliber next year IMO

I havent heard BV blame the players have you Gandolf?

tulsaoilerfan
10/26/2008, 07:21 PM
How long till they are back on probation though? :)

lloyd45
10/26/2008, 11:55 PM
I'm still a little puzzled at how that blind squirrel found his nut... Was it weird random luck that has allowed the Pokes to play well this season, or is that coaching staff actually, er, decent?

(The only time I pay any attention to little brother is when we play. Otherwise, I steadfastly ignore them, and it has been very creepy to see them mentioned in national media like they're a real football team.)

OSU may be the best football team in Oklahoma, dude.

misplacedsooner
10/27/2008, 12:55 AM
i didnt hear that post above. sorry, i live in stillwater and have a totally different opinion of gandy, a personal issue i had with him. i have no respect for someone that thinks they are better than the average guy just because they are the coach of os who football team. i had similar issues with another os who coach also. they put on a good show for the cameras and media but in real life are jerks and forgot where they came from.

sooners123
10/27/2008, 01:03 AM
lol look who espn thinks texas played, the Oklahoma State Sooners! haha
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=9&listId=122#topOfList

stoopified
10/27/2008, 01:37 PM
........of oSu for life.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/27/2008, 02:04 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Good stuff!

poke4christ
10/27/2008, 06:58 PM
i didnt hear that post above. sorry, i live in stillwater and have a totally different opinion of gandy, a personal issue i had with him. i have no respect for someone that thinks they are better than the average guy just because they are the coach of os who football team. i had similar issues with another os who coach also. they put on a good show for the cameras and media but in real life are jerks and forgot where they came from.

I have to tell you that you are 100% wrong about this. He goes out to meet the fans after many games. He's been reported at numerous tailgates. He's bought pizza for students standing in line for the games. In addition, I've meet him twice. First, I was sitting behind him at the pep rally the year our b-ball team went to the final four. He signed my hat and was real nice. However, this was brief and didn't tell me much.

For the second incident, I won't go into much details on how this happened, but to a lot of time out of his schedule just to chat with me and answer some questions. He wasn't forced to and no one else really knew until after the fact. He sat with me for nearly 45 minutes just talking about being a coach and what goes along with it. This was in the offseason though so I didn't feel that bad taking up his time.

If you've got another incident, then tell it. I've heard stories from several people about meeting Gundy. This doesn't match up with them.

poke4christ
10/27/2008, 07:02 PM
Nice :D

but yeah, in seriousness, we all know that he doesn't always remain calm and is a loose cannon

Ok, here's what I think of Gundy and his attitude. I do think he is a little bit of a loose cannon. 98% of the time he is cool as a cucumber. He's on the sidlines and never flinches. Even when crazy things happen he doesn't go off. However, every once in a while he'll go off on the reffs or someone else pretty heavy (like the rant). However, if you'll see in the rant and I've seen it other places that at these times he isn't cussing. Even during times of going off he's controlling that aspect of himself. I'm pretty sure he does cuss sometimes, but who doesn't?

I hate how everyone's view of Gundy seems to be only shaped by the rant. So many people call him a wacko or think he's crazy angry all the time just because of watching a 2 minute video of him. That's not who he is at all. I don't know him personally, but what I do know I've said above. I know that many things people think just aren't true.

oumartin
10/27/2008, 07:04 PM
obviously you did not read that I was somewhat impressed by his post game presser

badger
10/27/2008, 07:55 PM
Ok, here's what I think of Gundy and his attitude. I do think he is a little bit of a loose cannon. 98% of the time he is cool as a cucumber. He's on the sidlines and never flinches. Even when crazy things happen he doesn't go off. However, every once in a while he'll go off on the reffs or someone else pretty heavy (like the rant). However, if you'll see in the rant and I've seen it other places that at these times he isn't cussing. Even during times of going off he's controlling that aspect of himself. I'm pretty sure he does cuss sometimes, but who doesn't?

I hate how everyone's view of Gundy seems to be only shaped by the rant. So many people call him a wacko or think he's crazy angry all the time just because of watching a 2 minute video of him. That's not who he is at all. I don't know him personally, but what I do know I've said above. I know that many things people think just aren't true.

It's not just the rant, it's FALCON... PUNCH! He does on the sidelines, the way he screams at refs, at players, at coaches, at the end results of plays... I know you guys haven't been on the tee vee too much this year, but we still know Gundy pretty well on this side of the state :D

hink4769
10/27/2008, 08:34 PM
98% of the time he is cool as a cucumber.

That ain't true!!!!! [hairGel]

Stitch Face
10/27/2008, 08:41 PM
Poke4Christ...your name still carcks me up.

Flying Scotsman
10/27/2008, 08:45 PM
If Herr Gundy has a few 10-2 seasons, will he stick around forever?? I don't think Boone can buy tradition or emperor status in this state.

MissouriSooner
10/27/2008, 10:56 PM
MG is a dork. He obviously has some talented players and some good assistant coaches, but that's it. He will survive as long as he has Boone's approval. When that approval goes, MG goes. It's what you get when you have one booster who runs the entire show.

poke4christ
10/28/2008, 06:56 AM
That ain't true!!!!! [hairGel]

Also for Badger.

Example, troy.

People complained about that one saying he wasn't upset enough. People thought he wasn't mad about loosing. I watch EVERY OSU game that is on TV and before this year went to every home game. I've still been to three home games this year. He's cool on the sideliness the large majority of the time.

poke4christ
10/28/2008, 06:57 AM
Poke4Christ...your name still carcks me up.

Tis the breaks. I should probably stop using outside of Orangepower considering it confuses people :D.

poke4christ
10/28/2008, 07:02 AM
If Herr Gundy has a few 10-2 seasons, will he stick around forever?? I don't think Boone can buy tradition or emperor status in this state.

I don't think there is much of anything that will cause him to leave (accept being asked to). He called this his NY Yankees job when he started. He was specifically telling the fans he wanted to be here and wanted to stay here. This was always the job he was gunning for. He interviewed for it when they hired miles and they were so impressed they convinced miles to take him on as OC.

JLEW1818
10/28/2008, 07:04 AM
ahhh he will end up at a West Virgina or Iowa type. ...

poke4christ
10/28/2008, 10:29 AM
ahhh he will end up at a West Virgina or Iowa type. ...

I'll take a straight up bet with anyone who wants to make it that he will not take a job at another university by choice before next year's season starts. I believe he'll stay longer, but for the purposes of a bet that's my terms.

MrJimBeam
10/28/2008, 10:40 AM
the way he screams at refs, at players, at coaches, at the end results of plays...

Doesn't Stoops do basiclly the same thing?

DangTire
11/1/2008, 06:17 PM
With the exception of going off on that cow of a reporter, I think Gundy is making a good name for himself. He's certainly someone who has shown he's capable of learning from his mistakes, and has so far, turned all of them to his advantage. I don't think there are many coaches around these parts or anywhere else that can say the same.

IronHorseSooner
11/29/2008, 09:32 AM
HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Good stuff!

This might be the funniest post that I have seen on this board!