PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot Ohio St.

nBoSTP
10/26/2008, 08:26 AM
From an Oklahoma fan that lives in PA I just want to send a thank you letter to Terrell Pryor for making my life hell the next couple of weeks. You would think with all the hype about him he would be able to lead his team to more than 6 points at home. Also instead of just taking the first down and demoralizing Penn St. late in the game he tried to be the hero and ends up costing his team the game. Then on the last drive he throws into triple coverage and gets picked in the endzone. Thanks again Terrell and Ohio St.

oumartin
10/26/2008, 08:32 AM
Easy there big fella! Penn State hasn't played all their games yet. Sure its likely they will go undefeated and play in the BCS championship but I would rather see them there than say a USC, an Ohio State, a Florida or any other SEC teams(unless its Georgia).

Besides nobody knows if Texas or Alabama will be beat. Could possibly have 3
undefeated teams at the end of the year and in that case Penn State will be left out of the NC game for the 5th time as an undefeated team.

Strange things will happen as they always do.

But yes. Pryor lost that game for them.

nBoSTP
10/26/2008, 08:42 AM
My problem with it is now all I am gonna hear is how great Penn St. is when anyone that watched that game would know that Penn St. was all but beaten except for Pryors stupid play which didn't even need to be made.

oumartin
10/26/2008, 08:50 AM
yeah, well anyone that watched the OU/kstate game knows that OU is not the 4th best team in the nation with that defense and special teams. However all I heard on other games last night is how OU just killed kstate when in fact we all know that was a very uncomfortable win.

nBoSTP
10/26/2008, 08:55 AM
After watching Penn St. and Oklahoma I can Guarantee that Penn st. would not go undeated in the Big 12.

nBoSTP
10/26/2008, 08:58 AM
I am almost convinced that the Big 10 is in cahoots with each to get a team into the national title game every year

TripleOption14
10/26/2008, 10:32 AM
Like I said in another post... Its just not gonna happen for OU this year. Because of Penn St. OU is not gonna be a factor to play for the title. Penn St. remaining schedule simply is not that tough. Because they beat Ohio St. the gap between 3 and 4 will probably widen.

85sooners
10/26/2008, 10:34 AM
penn state is gay

Iam4OUru
10/26/2008, 11:10 AM
Corso crapped out again on his "head gear" pick. Dude's a joke!

badger
10/26/2008, 11:23 AM
We all know Big 10's recent track record in big ol' bowl games. Let them win out or say what they want, but we all know what happens when the postseason arrives and they have to play an outta conference foe.

...and in case we don't remember, here's a reminder:
1- Since the BCS started, the Big 10 is 8-9 in 17 appearances:
Wisconsin (2-0)
Ohio State (4-2)
Michigan (1-3)
Purdue (0-1)
Illinois (0-2)
Iowa (0-1)
Penn State (1-0)
2- In the last two years, the record is abysmal:
2008: Both Ohio St. and Illinois lose.
2007: Both Ohio St. and Michigan lose.

Some might say it is unfair to only look at recent years rather than overall records, but it hasn't stopped anyone from criticizing our coach.

oumartin
10/26/2008, 11:28 AM
OU recent record in BCS 2-4
OU bowl record in Stoops tenure. 4-5

Dan Thompson
10/26/2008, 11:33 AM
I was suprised at how many times Pryor threw short and the receiver had to come back for the ball.

Pryor's fumble, which 'gave' Penn St. the TD was just a heart breaker.

redhawk49
10/26/2008, 11:42 AM
Its looking like a rematch with Boise State in the Fiesta.

The Remnant
10/26/2008, 12:05 PM
I have to admit I was rooting for PSU. There is no way in hell I want USC moving up in the polls. Living here in Southern California is a nightmare. Oakland Raider fans have turned their Raider gear in for Trojan garbage. You can't walk into a store or restaurant without seeing some idiot bandwagon fan with USC plastered on his shirt.

RedstickSooner
10/26/2008, 12:16 PM
The Big 10 is so lousy it's no longer even satisfying to complain about. They're 1-AA bad.

sooner59
10/26/2008, 12:32 PM
Its looking like a rematch with Boise State in the Fiesta.

I heard someone on the radio that said they talked to one of the Fiesta Bowl big-wigs and they said that if they were in position to select OU this year, they would likely shop around to do a trade because they are not excited about having OU there 3 straight years. Plus OU fans won't want to travel to Phoenix again. Thats just what I heard, don't know how much truth there is to it, but it sounds like a business move.

Flagstaffsooner
10/26/2008, 12:37 PM
I heard someone on the radio that said they talked to one of the Fiesta Bowl big-wigs and they said that if they were in position to select OU this year, they would likely shop around to do a trade because they are not excited about having OU there 3 straight years. Plus OU fans won't want to travel to Phoenix again. Thats just what I heard, don't know how much truth there is to it, but it sounds like a business move.
I'd rather go to Shreveport than PHX again.:O

okiewaker
10/26/2008, 12:39 PM

Somewhere sunny and warm is good for me.:)

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2008, 12:54 PM
With the odds of OU making the title game very slim, I can't help but hope that PSU gets one of the invites. It would be pretty cool to have a team with an 81yo coach in the final. And here's to any team not from the PAC10 getting the other slot.

Flagstaffsooner
10/26/2008, 01:00 PM
Somewhere warm is good for me.:)
Here ya go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pojj-uo2tn8)

yermom
10/26/2008, 01:02 PM
Orange Bowl it is :D

i'd rather be in Miami a week later, but Phoenix 3 years in a row would be a bit much

of course, there is a lot of football left. we could end up in Orlando or something...

MichiganSooner
10/26/2008, 01:24 PM
If Penn State gets the championship game, the Big 10 champ would not be in the Rose Bowl. If the Fiesta is really looking for a trade (sooner59), does anyone think we could end up out there if we win out?
Personally, I do not think Penn State deserves to go to Miami if they win out as well as Texas and Alabama but the media will be pushing the voters to pick Penn State so Joe Paterno can have his chance to go out with a bang. Kinda what they did a few years ago to benefit Bobby Bowden.

okiewaker
10/26/2008, 01:37 PM
Here ya go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pojj-uo2tn8)

Not that warm. I was thinking somewhere closer to the East Coast and rhymes with striami.:D

redhawk49
10/26/2008, 01:40 PM
Somewhere sunny and warm is good for me.:)

I remember when the King was the coach and the big joke was having to go to the Sun Bowl. Tortillas or Oranges.

okiewaker
10/26/2008, 01:46 PM
I remember when the King was the coach and the big joke was having to go to the Sun Bowl. Tortillas or Oranges.

Freshly sqeezed for the "king"?

oupride
10/26/2008, 08:42 PM
There won't be a OU-tx rematch. Voters in love with Big 10 and Pac 10.

sooner59
10/27/2008, 06:52 PM
If Penn State gets the championship game, the Big 10 champ would not be in the Rose Bowl. If the Fiesta is really looking for a trade (sooner59), does anyone think we could end up out there if we win out?
Personally, I do not think Penn State deserves to go to Miami if they win out as well as Texas and Alabama but the media will be pushing the voters to pick Penn State so Joe Paterno can have his chance to go out with a bang. Kinda what they did a few years ago to benefit Bobby Bowden.

If we end up going to Pasadena or Miami, im there. And if Penn St. went to the MNC and we didn't we would have a shot at the Rose Bowl, but no promises. The PACy is wacky.