PDA

View Full Version : From ANOTHER Board

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/25/2008, 10:28 PM
Re: Redistribution of Wealth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was listening to Dave Ramsey's show the other day & a caller (a horse vet) said he went out on a house call to treat this lady's horses. During the course of his visit she revealed she was a liberal & thought Obama's plan was needed. The doc added 10% to his bill & when the woman inquired what the extra charge was he answered it was to help the other horse owners who couldn't afford to have their horses treated.

She got mad & went off on him saying it wasn't her responsibility to help other horse owners.

OUHOMER
10/26/2008, 10:04 AM
LOL, i love it. This is what scares me. Not that its Obama, just the plan of all liberal dems. I am tired of working my *** off and watching people take the free ride.

My former SIL is an expert at working the system. She could give seminars on how to make money off the system, DHS, S.S. even how to get free money from Churches , and how to get your electric bill reduced.

Jerk
10/26/2008, 10:17 AM
You can apply this to a lot of things.

Take some of our intellectual full-time students who post here: take their 4.0 GPA and give part of it to the students with 2.0 GPA's to make everyone equal, no matter how hard they studied or prepared for their essays and tests. This way, everyone is equal and no one gets their feelings hurt by feeling inferior or dumb.

yermom
10/26/2008, 10:20 AM
LOL, i love it. This is what scares me. Not that its Obama, just the plan of all liberal dems. I am tired of working my *** off and watching people take the free ride.

My former SIL is an expert at working the system. She could give seminars on how to make money off the system, DHS, S.S. even how to get free money from Churches , and how to get your electric bill reduced.

you got her number?

85Sooner
10/26/2008, 03:25 PM
That would be funny as hell if all businesses posted signs regarding adding 10% for all the "needy folks"

Rogue
10/26/2008, 03:32 PM
Hilarious.
:rolleyes:

swardboy
10/26/2008, 03:38 PM
Karl Marx: "From each according to his abundance, to each according to his need."

Barack Obama: "We're just going to spread it around so we can help other folks...."

Vaevictis
10/26/2008, 03:40 PM
Take some of our intellectual full-time students who post here: take their 4.0 GPA and give part of it to the students with 2.0 GPA's to make everyone equal, no matter how hard they studied or prepared for their essays and tests. This way, everyone is equal and no one gets their feelings hurt by feeling inferior or dumb.

It's called grade inflation. It already happens. YWIA.

Soonerpsycho
10/26/2008, 03:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/spfarksandpics/trickortreat.jpg

Jerk
10/26/2008, 08:53 PM
It's called grade inflation. It already happens. YWIA.

Is this the same as grading on a curve?

Chuck Bao
10/26/2008, 09:01 PM

Yep and with the whole curve shifting towards As and Bs because nobody likes their feelers hurt.

jkjsooner
10/26/2008, 09:08 PM
Re: Redistribution of Wealth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was listening to Dave Ramsey's show the other day & a caller (a horse vet) said he went out on a house call to treat this lady's horses. During the course of his visit she revealed she was a liberal & thought Obama's plan was needed. The doc added 10% to his bill & when the woman inquired what the extra charge was he answered it was to help the other horse owners who couldn't afford to have their horses treated.

She got mad & went off on him saying it wasn't her responsibility to help other horse owners.

This is such a stupid post but I've come to expect that from RLIMC.

The fact is, many vets already provide services to needy for reduced prices. As someone who can pay that doesn't bother me a bit.

The difference is that this lady was sigled out because of her political views. That is a whole different ballgame and would infuriate anyone.

I don't expect you, Rush, to see the difference.

Jerk
10/26/2008, 09:08 PM
Yep and with the whole curve shifting towards As and Bs because nobody likes their feelers hurt.

Interesting..

Sooner_Havok
10/26/2008, 09:13 PM
I always wanted the GPA system to be modified. How the hell is it fair that I bust my *** in a class and get a 97,an A, 4.0 added to my GPA, while the ******* who got lucky and aced the final and gets a 89.6 gets the same credit on his transcript.

Yeah, you got a 4.0 in the same class I did. Yup, you know the subject just as well as me, and your official transcript will prove it.

Jerk
10/26/2008, 09:18 PM
Back in the old days, an A was something like 92% and up.

JohnnyMack
10/26/2008, 09:22 PM
I always wanted the GPA system to be modified. How the hell is it fair that I bust my *** in a class and get a 97,an A, 4.0 added to my GPA, while the ******* who got lucky and aced the final and gets a 89.6 gets the same credit on his transcript.

Yeah, you got a 4.0 in the same class I did. Yup, you know the subject just as well as me, and your official transcript will prove it.

Ding ding goes the bull**** bell!

You never got a 97 in ANY class.

:P

jkjsooner
10/26/2008, 09:29 PM
Back in the old days, an A was something like 92% and up.

Yeah, like in high school....

Try taking a class where the median score is a 35 Some professors actual design their tests that way. (In some cases its about 50% understanding the material and 50% being able to finish the test.)

Jerk
10/26/2008, 09:31 PM
I have to admit that if it weren't for the curve, I would have flunked college algebra.

Jerk
10/26/2008, 09:49 PM
Ok, back to partisan mode:

http://cdnll-1.liveleak.com/s/18/media18/2008/Oct/26/LiveLeak-dot-com-243067-securedownload.jpeg?h=f39ef865da800033dfb949ec5304 40d9&e=1225677404&rs=150

Sooner_Havok
10/26/2008, 10:21 PM
Ding ding goes the bull**** bell!

You never got a 97 in ANY class.

:P

Screw you.....

Am I that transparent? :P

Vaevictis
10/26/2008, 11:11 PM

No, it's not. Whether the class is curved or not is separate. Grade inflation is the tendency of professors to give higher grades than they might have in the past for whatever reason.

Sometimes it's because they don't want to get sued by the students. Literally. Dr. La Spisa at OU got sued because he was a bastard when it came to giving grades, and I understand he was less bastardly after it. Nevermind the fact that he was doing the college a favor by flunking inept students.

Sometimes it's because of university policy.

Example: In order to graduate from graduate school at OU, you have to have a 'B' average. What this means is that if you continue to assign 'C' as the average grade, you cannot graduate your average student. This is unacceptable because it makes the college look bad for admitting and not graduating students. So, because of this bone-headed policy, 'B' becomes the new 'average,' and grade inflation ensues.

StoopTroup
10/26/2008, 11:21 PM
I'd rather give money to help a fellow Human Being.

If Mr. Ed was ill...I'd help him out though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/26/2008, 11:49 PM
This is such a STUPID post but I've come to expect that from RLIMC.

The fact is, many vets already provide services to needy for reduced prices. As someone who can pay that doesn't bother me a bit.

The difference is that this lady was sigled out because of her political views. That is a whole different ballgame and would infuriate anyone.

I don't expect you, Rush, to see the difference.Hey genius, it's supposed to infuriate people like you.

Sooner_Havok
10/26/2008, 11:54 PM
Hey genius, it's supposed to infuriate people like you.

Heh

yermom
10/27/2008, 08:46 AM
Ok, back to partisan mode:

http://cdnll-1.liveleak.com/s/18/media18/2008/Oct/26/LiveLeak-dot-com-243067-securedownload.jpeg?h=f39ef865da800033dfb949ec5304 40d9&e=1225677404&rs=150

wow.

there is nothing partisan about that. any politician is just going to be out of touch with the reality of normal people's lives