PDA

View Full Version : Sooners route Wildcats with 55 1st half points

1890MilesToNorman
10/25/2008, 10:14 PM
Sooners roll on with a 7-1 record in 2008.

That is all.

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 10:17 PM
well get ready b/c all you will hear on this forum is whining about the defense...unlike me...im happy to get the win...we are still in the race! come on vets lets here it...more whining about bv and the defense which is so horrible lol

Johnny Utah
10/25/2008, 10:20 PM
well get ready b/c all you will hear on this forum is whining about the defense...unlike me...im happy to get the win...we are still in the race! come on vets lets here it...more whining about bv and the defense which is so horrible lol

Dude!

;)

aurorasooner
10/25/2008, 10:24 PM
Sooners route Wildcats with 55 1st half points I've seen headlines on Google News from that extreme to one that says "Sooners Survive Kansas State Scare". My perception is that anyone that didn't see the game will figure that we scored 55 in the 1st half and Bob called off the dogs.

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 10:24 PM
dude what? you want to say something negative about the defense? go ahead Ive heard it all today...how about we give some praise to Sam and the offense...they cant be stoped...and Murray is coming back into his own...looking like the back we know from last year...props to the oline too they did great protecting our superstar qb

Johnny Utah
10/25/2008, 10:31 PM
dude what? you want to say something negative about the defense? go ahead Ive heard it all today...how about we give some praise to Sam and the offense...they cant be stoped...and Murray is coming back into his own...looking like the back we know from last year...props to the oline too they did great protecting our superstar qb

It's like "Dude, we get your point" or "Dude, give it a rest" or "Dude, go to bed already".:cool:

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 10:58 PM
im not going anywhere man this is entertaining

85sooners
10/25/2008, 11:22 PM
:pop:

yermom
10/25/2008, 11:58 PM
I've seen headlines on Google News from that extreme to one that says "Sooners Survive Kansas State Scare". My perception is that anyone that didn't see the game will figure that we scored 55 in the 1st half and Bob called off the dogs.

i was thinking they called off the dogs a little early...

the way their offense was rolling, i wasn't sure 55 was going to be enough :eek:

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2008, 01:40 AM
The coaches wanted KSU to have the ball in the 2nd half to get Box some more reps. :D

Sooner1979
10/26/2008, 01:51 AM
i was thinking they called off the dogs a little early...

the way their offense was rolling, i wasn't sure 55 was going to be enough :eek:

Yah, because K-State was rolling up the points in the 2nd Half...I was sweating bullets...Not saying our D was brilliant, but with the a@sload of injuries we have worked thru this year already, I think that OU can still play with any team in the Country...

Stoop Dawg
10/26/2008, 01:56 AM
well get ready b/c all you will hear on this forum is whining about the defense...

Actually, there is a fair amount of whining about what other people post as well.

yermom
10/26/2008, 09:23 AM
Yah, because K-State was rolling up the points in the 2nd Half...I was sweating bullets...Not saying our D was brilliant, but with the a@sload of injuries we have worked thru this year already, I think that OU can still play with any team in the Country...

i tried to not make that a shot at the defense, per se, but the pace at which we went from 28-7 to 28-28 wasn't exactly slow and we weren't sustaining drives to keep the defense off the field. brilliant or not, they are going to get worn out

the D gave up a lot of yards, but they also stole the ball a LOT

good for them. we won.

SOONERxWife73
10/26/2008, 09:38 AM
IMHO there are only two columns: win on the left, lose on the right. we are in the left hand column, it's all good. carry on.

MyT Oklahoma
10/26/2008, 02:39 PM
Actually we had a great time yesterday. It was a glorious day for a football game and the KSU fans around us were pretty friendly. I spent most of the game talking with them and wishing them well against the Jayhawks next weekend. We even got to eat at Valentino's Pizza after the game. Burp!

And as always, the Sooners won and remain undefeated in games that I've taken my daughter to. I need to start going to bowl games.

yermom
10/26/2008, 02:42 PM
i'd agree on the weather. it was dang near perfect

Dan Thompson
10/26/2008, 10:44 PM
And what do we get for that record, the BCS computers drop us from .870 to .820, while jumping Penn St. from .750 to .920

yermom
10/26/2008, 10:55 PM
Cincy lost and we beat a crappy team

Penn State beat tOSU

numerically, they did better than we did

KingBarry
10/27/2008, 02:46 AM
Accept it. If Penn State wins out, they are in over us, and probably should be, especially if texas is their opponent.