PDA

View Full Version : I'm Calling it Now - Tech will Beat Texas...!

Blues1
10/25/2008, 07:19 PM
Tech 35 Texas 31

The BIG Question is ---- Will we Beat Osu and tech....?

Rock on'

Your Turn ~~~~

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 07:23 PM
I give TT a good shot to beat saxet.

I think either TT or OSU is likely to beat us. All it will take is a slightly subpar offensive outing and we'll be outscored.

Charla
10/25/2008, 07:28 PM
If our Defense keeps playing like they are playing both OSUX and the Sand Aggies will beat us.

85sooners
10/25/2008, 07:57 PM
:gary:

soonervegas
10/25/2008, 08:34 PM
I agree and if they do tech will be playing for the national title.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/25/2008, 09:24 PM
Tech 35 Texas 31

The BIG Question is ---- Will we Beat Osu and tech....?

Rock on'

Your Turn ~~~~Where the heck you been, you old far*?

10/25/2008, 09:26 PM
I agree and if they do tech will be playing for the national title.Could you stomach pulling for Sandaggy in the NC game?

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 09:27 PM
Could you stomach pulling for Sandaggy in the NC game?

Depends on who they're playing.

Blues1
10/25/2008, 09:34 PM
Where the heck you been, you old far*?

The Older you get - The Less you got to Say - Even though
You think You know --- "The Truth" --- :)

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
10/25/2008, 09:54 PM
I not only think that Tech wins I actually think they win going away. Tech is a different team at home than they are on the road and I think they have something waiting for Colt and the horns

Johnny Utah
10/25/2008, 10:13 PM

IF that were to happen I would see TT getting throttled by a team with a strong defense and a ball control type offense, much like Florida did in 1996 when they played Nebraska. After that, Florida figured out that you need a strong D (and not just a prolific O) and hired Bob Stoops as their DC, and the rest is history. :)

o0Dan0o
10/25/2008, 10:25 PM
I could see that, Tech at Tech is a hard team to stop and their defense is looking much better.

I think we beat Tech in Norman, for a few reasons. One, it's in Norman, also it's a revenge game for last year (cost us a birth against OSU in the title game) and it's after a bye week. It's the OSU game at OSU that scares me. But we have two games plus tech to get the defense clicking post Ryan Reynolds.
Dan

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/25/2008, 10:29 PM
Could you stomach pulling for Sandaggy in the NC game?

If Sand Aggie makes it into the MNC, I'll bet they wind up playing Penn State ('Bama will lose, it's just a matter of time). In that case, in all honesty, as much as I'd like to see another Big 12 National Championship, I'll want JoePa & Co. to win. Then he can retire on his terms, and few people deserve to go out on top more than that guy.

That being said, if there are undefeated SEC and Big 12 teams, an undefeated Penn State gets left out, which would be pretty flippin' hilarious, given the history of that program.

utex74
10/25/2008, 11:20 PM

I think either TT or OSU is likely to beat us. All it will take is a slightly subpar offensive outing and we'll be outscored.

I'm always nervous about Tech, especially in Lubbock. And I will not predict any scores but I was at our games against both OU and OSU and I want to tell you that OSU is a damn good team. Very good. You'll need your A game.

lloyd45
10/25/2008, 11:21 PM
lol at the score being 35 31.

and to me this game just clearly showed that OK state at the moment is the 2nd best team in the big 12. I was really impressed.

triple edit ftw, kirk herbstreit said in his opinion OK state should move up.

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 11:21 PM
I'm always nervous about Tech, especially in Lubbock. And I will not predict any scores but I was at our games against both OU and OSU and I want to tell you that OSU is a damn good team. Very good. You'll need your A game.

We'll need our offense to score a buttload of points, because I have little doubt that they will.

MissouriSooner
10/25/2008, 11:38 PM
But we have two games plus tech to get the defense clicking post Ryan Reynolds.
Dan

Good luck on that happening. It was easy to see in the KSU game why Venables didn't put Box in the game at Texas when RR went down, or why he didn't play him last week against Kansas. He looked like he didn't have a clue as to what he was supposed to do at LB. Hopefully, BV will get him straightened out before the TTech and OSU games. If not, put Nic back in the center of the D; he did an admirable job against Kansas. The QBs in this league are gonna continue to slice and dice us if we don't tighten up the middle of the D.

85sooners
10/25/2008, 11:45 PM
:O

SoonerinSouthlake
10/25/2008, 11:47 PM
lets not get out hopes up kids

TU wins this game by 20 or more.

If Im wrong It may look close in the final score, but the whorns wont have a problem here

If Im wrong and tech wins.....I will be the first to be in love with you guys all telling me Im a doofus....or worse

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2008, 02:04 AM

I agree. The defense not only needs to cut down on the big plays, but the offense will need to take those 2 games as a challenge to out-play the opposing offense. The offense was a bit sloppy today, but that seems to happen when a team gets a big lead. They will have to be more focused for those last 2 games.

sendbaht
10/26/2008, 06:24 AM
I'd love to see TT beat the horns. I rather if it did take place see TT play for the NC then texas....

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
10/26/2008, 11:43 AM
What everybody that is picking Texas to win, you must be forgetting the fact that when you go to Lubbock you play the zebra's more than the raiders

nytehorn
10/26/2008, 12:24 PM
I"ll say it now. I don't believe there is any way we beat Tech. Crap, our defense is dog tired from chasing around these last 3 loaded offenses! I can't see any of our DB's hanging with Crabtree. He will absolutely school our young DB's. I say 45-35 Tech. :(

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2008, 12:44 PM
I"ll say it now. I don't believe there is any way we beat Tech. Crap, our defense is dog tired from chasing around these last 3 loaded offenses! I can't see any of our DB's hanging with Crabtree. He will absolutely school our young DB's. I say 45-35 Tech. :(

The game is 4 weeks and 2 games away for both teams. A lot can and will happen between now and then. TT could easily lose the next 2 games and come in totally discouraged. Or if they manage to win against UT and OSU, we should be primed to play our best game with a share of the division on the line. I hope we stay focused and win the next 2 games and try to improve a bit in the process. NU took Tech to overtime, so NU may not be as bad as they are rating and TT may not be as good.

okiewaker
10/26/2008, 12:54 PM

Tech 31
cows 17

jkjsooner
10/26/2008, 01:21 PM
If our Defense keeps playing like they are playing both OSUX and the Sand Aggies will beat us.

I disagree. When has Tech played a decent game in Norman?

I know our defense is suspect but our offense will put up points on them.

If this game was in Lubbock I would be very worried. Not in Norman.

okiewaker
10/26/2008, 01:27 PM

Tech-48
Other-17

Just getting a head start.

jkjsooner
10/26/2008, 01:28 PM
That being said, if there are undefeated SEC and Big 12 teams, an undefeated Penn State gets left out, which would be pretty flippin' hilarious, given the history of that program.

Well, in the old days PSU played very weak schedules so the years they went undefeated and didn't play for the title is their fault.

In '94 Penn State had the Big 10 to blame. They chose to be in a conference that put the Rose Bowl in higher esteem than a championship game (Bowl Alliance). Nebraska and the Big 8 did their part in creating a championship matchup (joining Bowl Alliance). PSU/Big 10 did not do their part.

Jdog
10/26/2008, 02:06 PM
The only way we beat OSUE or Tech is if we score 80 - because against our defense, they both score 60 to 70.

10/26/2008, 02:12 PM
I'd love to see TT beat the horns. I rather if it did take place see TT play for the NC then texas....who wouldn't?

Blues1
11/1/2008, 11:06 PM
Tech 35 Texas 31

Rock on'

Your Turn ~~~~

Just Call Me (Sir BLUES1) ----- :)

SOONERnTx
11/1/2008, 11:09 PM
nice call i was hopeful, but didn't really believe it would happen. I'm glad you were correct sir!