PDA

View Full Version : 55 in the 1st half. 3 in the 2nd half

Widescreen
10/25/2008, 06:32 PM
Explanations?

I saw Bradford was 1-9 in the 2nd half. 9 passes with only 1 completion. Amazing.

chad
10/25/2008, 06:34 PM
gotta love the maintain offense.

It has its place, but 1/2 of the game isn't the place.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:44 PM
10/25/2008, 01:55 PM #7
PhiDeltBeers
Sooner Benchwarmer

Re: official thread to cheer for 100 points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Bob already proved his point. Back to run, run, pass.

I said that at halftime.

aurorasooner
10/25/2008, 06:45 PM
There were some drops but also some strange calls by KW in those 1st 2 series of the 2nd half. KW is either brilliant or in the dumper. KSU showed that they couldn't cover the whole field against our spread, but then we roll Sam out which doesn't make much sense since KSU wasn't getting much heat on SB anyway, and basically halved the field.
I like the idea of getting the run game going and imo really all we need is a couple of simple counter-plays/misdirection plays in the run-game play-book to keep opposing LBs honest, but that's just a fan's opinion. However I do see other teams with successful rushing attacks using them. One thing that limits our rushing attack is that SB is not a threat to run the ball but I still like that little half-azzed option play that KW put in. . Strange ballgame today.[/INDENT] We throw the ball all over the field successfully from the pocket but then start rolling out, and KSU gets way behind and then runs the football. I may have to watch it again tomorrow AM.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:45 PM
And I was correct.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:47 PM
And I was p*ssed.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:47 PM
Then I fell asleep.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:48 PM
Then I awoke.

PhiDeltBeers
And I was still p*ssed.

Widescreen
10/25/2008, 01:55 PM #7
PhiDeltBeers
Sooner Benchwarmer

Re: official thread to cheer for 100 points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Bob already proved his point. Back to run, run, pass.

I said that at halftime.
Well if we're not going to try to score, we need to get Bradford out of there so he doesn't get hurt and give Halzle some more experience.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:50 PM
I agree 100000%. It's like, Bob just goes into conservative mode. Maybe it's KW...I don't know, but it sucks.

PhiDeltBeers
10/25/2008, 06:53 PM
I honestly think that if we don't score 60-70 points....there's a chance we may not win. We're giving up over 35 points a game over the past 3. And people say some of us expect too much. Something's wrong.

Frozen Sooner
10/25/2008, 07:00 PM
It's interesting.

Our offense scores 3 points in the second (after scoring 55 in the first) and our OC (or HC) suck because they're too conservative.

Their offense scores 7 points in the second half (after scoring 28 in the first) and everyone talks about how our defense got torched and our DC needs to go.

sooner59
10/25/2008, 07:04 PM
Yay! We won! Go football! :)

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 07:05 PM
its amazing isn't it...im a noob though so it doesnt matter what i think

tommieharris91
10/25/2008, 07:06 PM
It's interesting.

Our offense scores 3 points in the second (after scoring 55 in the first) and our OC (or HC) suck because they're too conservative.

Their offense scores 7 points in the second half (after scoring 28 in the first) and everyone talks about how our defense got torched and our DC needs to go.

:les: FIRE EVERYBODY!!! GET A NEW QB!!!

aurorasooner
10/25/2008, 07:08 PM
It's interesting.

Their offense scores 7 points in the second half (after scoring 28 in the first) and everyone talks about how our defense got torched and our DC needs to go. LMAO. Congratulations to both DCs on their halftime adjustments. :D

Frozen Sooner
10/25/2008, 07:10 PM
its amazing isn't it...im a noob though so it doesnt matter what i think

I see you're learning. ;)

Not trying to say that there wasn't anything wrong out there today or that our defense doesn't have some major problems. But hey, we went on the road in conference and picked up a three TD win. We ain't winning the national title this year, and we're probably not winning the Big 12 or Big 12 South. Disappointing, for sure, but it ain't like we're handing out numbered tickets on the sideline to avoid too many men penalties.

And no, the standard isn't "Better than Blake." The standard is championships. Bob's got a pass from me for a couple of years based on his five conference championships.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/25/2008, 07:12 PM
Well if we're not going to try to score, we need to get Bradford out of there so he doesn't get hurt and give Halzle some more experience.Well, yeah.

SoonerDood
10/25/2008, 07:17 PM
If our receivers could've caught a few passes in the 2nd half, we would have scored more than 3 pts. Just sayin.

85sooners
10/25/2008, 07:18 PM
:gary:
Yay! We won! Go football! :)

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 07:24 PM
I see you're learning. ;)

Not trying to say that there wasn't anything wrong out there today or that our defense doesn't have some major problems. But hey, we went on the road in conference and picked up a three TD win. We ain't winning the national title this year, and we're probably not winning the Big 12 or Big 12 South. Disappointing, for sure, but it ain't like we're handing out numbered tickets on the sideline to avoid too many men penalties.

And no, the standard isn't "Better than Blake." The standard is championships. Bob's got a pass from me for a couple of years based on his five conference championships.

yeah i think i just have a different opinion than most diehards on this forum because ive already taken into account that we lost to texas and the only thing we can do from here on out is win and we did that today and Im happy...yeah im not the most knowledgeable fan but I still have an opinion and if stoops is behind bv then i am too..only he and the AD can say that bv is not doing his job...other than that it just upsets me that so many want him gone because of stats and not wins...maybe he's not the answer but Im not the one to judge...all i know is that for the remainder of this season hes going to the the DC and to whine about doesnt help anything

Widescreen
10/25/2008, 07:26 PM
yeah i think i just have a different opinion than most diehards on this forum because ive already taken into account that we lost to texas and the only thing we can do from here on out is win and we did that today and Im happy...yeah im not the most knowledgeable fan but I still have an opinion and if stoops is behind bv then i am too..only he and the AD can say that bv is not doing his job...other than that it just upsets me that so many want him gone because of stats and not wins...maybe he's not the answer but Im not the one to judge...all i know is that for the remainder of this season hes going to the the DC and to whine about doesnt help anything
That's fine. But earlier you were saying that people who disagreed with you were bandwagon fans and idiots. Everyone has an opinion but when you're new (in particular) you need to be careful what you say.

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 07:36 PM
well excuse me sir...i apologize

Frozen Sooner
10/25/2008, 07:46 PM
You'll do fine, Stew.

sendbaht
10/25/2008, 08:46 PM
Maybe Sam started to thinking about the girl sitting next to McCoys dad in dallas.:) It has to be something like that.

VA Sooner
10/25/2008, 09:14 PM
Wasn't exactly sure why that was... the telecast is delayed here in the East Coast and I haven't had a chance to review the game yet. Did we switch in the second half to a slower-paced game and more clock usage? Only 3 points in the second half? What's more worrisome... we gave up over 500 yards in offense to a mediocre K-State team. Understandable that Freeman is a bigger version of Reesing... but 478 passing yards?

sooner59
10/25/2008, 09:36 PM
:gary:

Apparently I am too much of a n00b to know this, but what exactly does the Gary England pic mean? Oh and I was just being obnoxious when I wrote that earlier. People were fussing so I thought would lighten the mood.