PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Magic, Where is it?(another novel)

setem
10/25/2008, 05:07 PM
Summary:I am not bashing anyone or calling anyone out but some of you guys have the lowest of expectations for our team and it saddens me to read some these comments by people who call themselves "fans"!

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am not telling anyone off. I am asking some of you to think! Think about how negative you are being. It doesn’t matter if we are up by 30 points some of you want to know why the other team is on the board. We have to shut everyone out or we can chalk the game down as some kind of loss. I understand the concerns with our team. I also understand being real about the Sooners. What I do not understand is how you guys can give up on this team as quickly as you do?

Part of being a Sooner is believe whole heartedly that every time our Sooners take the field they will win the game. Does that mean they are going to go undefeated all the time? Of course not. Our blind optimism is what makes us Sooners. I am not asking you guys to give up on stats or anything like that. I am a stat guy myself. But, sometimes what guys call being “real” just seems like flat our negativity and pessimism! It is your God given right to question anything and everything about the Sooners, but who are you holding accountable? No one! Sometimes I don’t even know why some of you bother watching the games. I think some of your guys look at how our team plays a game and you only see how badly they did something and not the fact they won damn game!

Watching football is supposed to be fun but some of you sound like you are really on the edge and ready to jump! I hated losing to SAXET and it does not please me when our guys have less than stellar performances but I LOVE THE SOONERS! The day that I start agonizing over a WIN is the day that I hang it up! That day will never come because part of being a true fan is sticking with your team through thick and thin and believing that the Sooners are going to make it happen. I will stick with our team win or lose. It is not good enough to just win a game we have to stomp the other team into the ground and without error. It is not ok for players to play the game just to scrape by but for some of you it will never be good enough to just win!

We bash Joke fans for always saying “this is going to be the year” and I sort of applaud them for their dedication. We have it easy guys we do well 90% of time and for the most part on our worst day we still are better than most of the teams out there. Again that is not good enough for some of you.

I have learned over the last couple of years to wait until the games are played to crown someone the victor. I like to predict the winners(especially the Sooners) just like everyone else. You will never hear me say “if we play like this or we play like that then team X is going to beat us” I am going to do everything I can to cheer on our Sooners and do my part to add a little bit of Magic to our Sooners.

Sometimes teams will only play to the expectations of their fans. I am not saying our players or coaches read this board but I am sure they know how disappointed some of you are in how they play. I believe our guys will play as well as we allow them to play and all this negativity does nothing but bring them down.

We are 7-1 and in a good situation to still play for IT ALL so my expectations are at their highest right now! The negativity is really getting old and I hope some of you can try and be a little more supportive of OUr team.

The Sooner Magic is dwindling and it is all your fault…

Sooner Stew
10/25/2008, 05:13 PM
thank you...I feel the same way man...I just cant find the time to type that much lol but thats the best post ive EVER seen on this forum

longbeachjeff
10/25/2008, 05:15 PM
see your point, but here's the deal... even though we need to smell the roses, ya gotta rip out the weeds, too. in the past 10 years i have not once said, "we are going to lose to so and so"... never. in fact, i have fully expected to win every game we've played. i even predicted a blowout in our SC national championship game. (i was kinda right ) anyway, our defense is not playing well whatsoever. it is not as if we don't have experienced guys on the field. bottom line, bob gets paid more than anyone anywhere to fix stuff when they are broke. i am a passionate sooner fan, and i blow my guts out cheering for the guys, but i'm concerned. saying our defense is sound is like some senile troll saying the fundamentals of our economy are sound.

badger
10/25/2008, 05:16 PM
I got yer Sooner Magic right here!
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/b211b636-b9d5-4c2f-9138-6c9c238c5de1.jpg

setem
10/25/2008, 05:19 PM
see your point, but here's the deal... even though we need to smell the roses, ya gotta rip out the weeds, too. in the past 10 years i have not once said, "we are going to lose to so and so"... never. in fact, i have fully expected to win every game we've played. i even predicted a blowout in our SC national championship game. (i was kinda right ) anyway, our defense is not playing well whatsoever. it is not as if we don't have experienced guys on the field. bottom line, bob gets paid more than anyone anywhere to fix stuff when they are broke. i am a passionate sooner fan, and i blow my guts out cheering for the guys, but i'm concerned. saying our defense is sound is like some senile troll saying the fundamentals of our economy are sound.

Pulling out the weeds is more than fine. It is needed to make great teams. None of us have the ability to pull the weeds. No matter how stern of a post we make on this message board it wont kill any of those weeds, so why be negative about it. I said in my post it is great to question things but none of us can hold the Sooner accountable for it. That is up the staff to do that.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/25/2008, 05:20 PM
wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oprah is about to add this to her book club.

(i didn't read it, i was too busy watching Les Miles getting beat)

SOONERxWife73
10/25/2008, 06:09 PM
the magic is always there, lying just under the surface, waiting to jump out and grab some unsuspecting team. yep, i believe.

stoopified
10/25/2008, 06:32 PM
Not sure how exactly this thread is realted to SOONER MAGIC.SM is rallying late against stout opponents when all seems lost.I fail to see where this applys in this thread.