PDA

View Full Version : Blitz package?

adoniijahsooner
10/25/2008, 04:32 PM
has anyone seen a db actually make it to the qb on a blitz? sometimes these guys are running in from way back, and get stonewalled at the line. we need to do away with it.

aurorasooner
10/25/2008, 04:50 PM
Either we're using the same blitz packages from the 2000 NC and after seeing the same ones for 6/7/8 years the Big 12 Offensive COs can easily tell what's coming and coach the reads starting on Monday, they're just not coached as well as they were in the 1st part of the decade, or the Big 12 quarterbacks are just mush better coached at reading our telegraphed blitzes. In any event, the opposing offenses appear to either able to contain our blitz or throw underneath before we can get the QB.
I can't answer your question because I can't remember when one of our DBs actually knocked the livin' cheet out of an opposing QB from a successful back-side blitz. I'm sure our DBs have against teams like UTC and the like but against quality coached offenses with quality OL, I can't remember one.

illinisooner
10/25/2008, 05:02 PM
It was Lendy Holmes who destroyed Harrell in 2006.

phislammajamma
10/25/2008, 06:20 PM
has anyone seen a db actually make it to the qb on a blitz? sometimes these guys are running in from way back, and get stonewalled at the line. we need to do away with it.

i can't quite get the concept of a delayed blitz from the corner who is 10 yards away from the line of scrimmmage....

85sooners
10/25/2008, 07:16 PM
:(

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 07:27 PM
We might be the worst blitzing team in America.

The above is an exageration, but not by much..