PDA

View Full Version : Question about penalties...

Sooner1979
10/25/2008, 02:19 PM
Are the refs told to not call a fair game on both sides of the ball? For instance, I have seen at least a half dozen obvious holding calls against K-State, and not one of them have been called...Jeremy Beal was rapped up around his neck on a 4th and 6 play, and it was ridiculously obvious, but no call...

Any comments?

soonerhubs
10/25/2008, 02:26 PM
We're supposed to be "good sports" and let the officials cheat. Haven't you seen the commercials?

IronHorseSooner
10/25/2008, 06:26 PM
It did look like OUr guys were being held a lot today, especially Beal coming from the outside. I could insert my Randy Crystal rant here, but I won't.

SoonerDood
10/25/2008, 06:54 PM
This is in another thread. Our opponents are the most disciplined teams in the nation.:rolleyes: They haven't been called for a hold since the Cincinnati game.

lloyd45
10/26/2008, 12:31 AM
Officiating seems to get more and more crooked/or bad every year. At every level of the game. I was a big proponent of Replays but i honestly think they should just do away with it. They never have the balls to over turn calls and its just slowing games down.

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2008, 01:49 AM
We're supposed to be "good sports" and let the officials cheat. Haven't you seen the commercials?

lol. I think you missed the point - you can yell at the refs, but when you go to the gym, you better make your free-throws. :D

soonerhubs
10/26/2008, 10:41 AM
lol. I think you missed the point - you can yell at the refs, but when you go to the gym, you better make your free-throws. :D

I love that commercial's logic. The ironic thing is that if I do a ****ty job at work, I'd expect to be called out for it. The refs deserve equal if not more scrutiny. They are PAID to make the right call, and they are doing a terrible job of it.

stoopified
10/26/2008, 10:42 AM
The hold in the endzone on the K-State passing play just killed me it was blatantly obvious.I just KNEW they would call it and we get a safety for offensive holding in the endzone.Funny thing happened though,it wasn't called.

oumartin
10/26/2008, 10:44 AM
Do you think our coaches are aware that there has not been a holding call against our opponents since Cincinatti. That just seems really strange and wrong.. Yes there was some obvious holding penalties missed yesterday.

85sooners
10/26/2008, 10:45 AM
:hot: