PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Obama Peeps

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 10:16 PM
I figure the whole natural born citizen thingy with Obama is just a diversion. With that being said, if it came to light that he did cover this up, and there was proof he was born in Kenya, should he be taken off the ticket, step down voluntarily, or be allowed to run?

Curly Bill
10/24/2008, 10:29 PM
Dude, it don't matter where the Messiah is born, he is still the Messiah.

...oh wait, I'm not one of the Obama peeps. :O

leavingthezoo
10/24/2008, 10:31 PM
Of course he should step down. rulz is rulz.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 10:35 PM
Of course he should step down. rulz is rulz.

What happens after that? Does Biden become the presidential candidate & he names a running mate? Is the election postponed? Does Obama go to jail for fraud?

I'm not trying to stir the pot. I really don't know.

leavingthezoo
10/24/2008, 10:36 PM
i don't know the answers to those questions. i only know the answer to the original one.

i'd be disappointed. i'm pretty sure i don't have to worry, though.

Stoop Dawg
10/24/2008, 10:51 PM
if it came to light that he did cover this up, and there was proof he was born in Kenya

In that case, I'd say we should also remove Hawaii as a state, since they would have to be complicit in any sort of "cover up".

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/hawaii.htm

"Remarks: State office has records since 1853."

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/elig_vrcc.html

Who is Eligible to Apply for Certified Copies of Vital Records?

A certified copy of a vital record (birth, death, marriage, or divorce certificate) is issued only to an applicant who has a direct and tangible interest in the record. The following persons are considered to have such an interest:

* the registrant (the person whom the record is concerned with);
* the registrant’s spouse;
* the registrant’s parent(s);
* a descendant of the registrant (e.g., a child or grandchild);
* a person having a common ancestor with the registrant (e.g., a sibling, grandparent, aunt/uncle, or cousin);
* a legal guardian of the registrant;
* a person or agency acting on behalf of the registrant;
* a personal representative of the registrant’s estate;
* a person whose right to obtain a copy of the record is established by an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
* adoptive parents who have filed a petition for adoption and need to determine the death of one or more of the prospective adopted child’s natural or legal parents;
* a person who needs to determine the marital status of a former spouse in order to determine the payment of alimony;
* a person who needs to determine the death of a nonrelated co-owner of property purchased under a joint tenancy agreement; and
* a person who needs a death certificate for the determination of payments under a credit insurance policy.

I'm thinking a "court of competent jurisdiction" might grant someone permission to retrieve an official copy of the birth certificate for the purpose of determining Obama's eligibility for POTUS. Assuming, of course, someone could convince said court that the one that has ALREADY BEEN PRODUCED is some sort of fake.

Of course, it's MUCH more likely that this whole thing is a bunch of crap.

From the link in RLIMC's thread:

The lawsuit, filed by former Pennsylvania Deputy Attorney General Philip J. Berg — a self-avowed supporter of Hillary Clinton — alleges that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and is thus “ineligible” to run for president of the United States.

Respected conservative blogger Ed Morrissey called the Berg lawsuit a “conspiracy theory” that had been put to rest by the Obama campaign over the summer

credibility was tarnished by work he did for the far-left “9/11 for the Truth” campaign, [B]which alleged in a federal lawsuit that the collapse of the twin towers in New York was caused by “controlled demolition” ordered by the president of the United States.

That's about all I really need to know about this issue. Of course, I'm not an "Obama Peep" so technically you didn't ask my opinion.

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2008, 10:57 PM
I figure the whole natural born citizen thingy with Obama is just a diversion. With that being said, if it came to light that he did cover this up, and there was proof he was born in Kenya, should he be taken off the ticket, step down voluntarily, or be allowed to run?

If he is not a natural-born US Citizen, then he would be ineligible for the office.

He cannot be removed from the ballot, as filing deadlines have already passed. However, should he win, he would be unable to take office and his Vice-president would be sworn in.

However, and I haven't read the specific law recently so I could be mistaken, it would not matter whether he was born in Kenya or not, as his mother was a US Citizen.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 11:13 PM
LMFAO!!!!! You took your lame lie which you were busted on and which got you time off from the site and made it a sig?!?!?! OMG, that is SO pathetic!!!! LMFAO!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Now...MY sig...my sig is a CLASSIC!!!!

How exactly did I "get busted"? I got vacation for posting a picture of a rooster and a tootsie roll and putting an = LAS. Not for your cover up. Now, there's a big boy discussion going on in this thread. Why don't you go look in the mirror and pretend you are pretty.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 11:14 PM
However, and I haven't read the specific law recently so I could be mistaken, it would not matter whether he was born in Kenya or not, as his mother was a US Citizen.

The law, as I understand it, is that person has to be born in the territorial US.

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2008, 11:16 PM
The law, as I understand it, is that person has to be born in the territorial US.

That is not correct, otherwise John McCain would not have been eligible to run for the Presidency.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 11:19 PM
LosAngelesSooner (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36800) This message is hidden because LosAngelesSooner is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

Good lord that feels good. It's like taking a big crap after Thanksgiving dinner. I should have crapped out LAS a long time ago.

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2008, 11:21 PM
Leave each other alone, please.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 11:22 PM
That is not correct, otherwise John McCain would not have been eligible to run for the Presidency.

I think the Panama Canal zone was U.S. territory until we gave it back in 1999.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 11:24 PM
And Mike, I'm done. He's on ignore. He's not worth it.

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2008, 11:25 PM
The Canal Zone was not considered part of the US at the time of McCain's birth.

However, Congress did establish retroactively the year after his birth that children born in the Canal Zone are natural-born citizens.

Anyhow, the law as it stands right now is that anyone born to a US Citizen is a natural-born US Citizen so long as the parent has lived in the US for some number of years and spent at least two of the last five years in the US or somesuch.

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2008, 11:25 PM
And Mike, I'm done. He's on ignore. He's not worth it.

Whatever it takes to keep you guys from fighting.

SoonerBorn68
10/24/2008, 11:45 PM
Really? Only born to a US citizen? Srly I had no idea. Did someone change the law or did all my teachers teach me wrong? (not a dig, I really thought natural born meant in the territorial US)

Frozen Sooner
10/24/2008, 11:48 PM
Really? Only born to a US citizen? Srly I had no idea. Did someone change the law or did all my teachers teach me wrong? (not a dig, I really thought natural born meant in the territorial US)

The definition has changed a couple of times, but yeah-if you're born inside the United States or born to a US Citizen, you're pretty much good.

I mean, think about it-how crappy would it be if your mom got knocked up by a one-night stand during an exchange year in England, had you, then couldn't bring you back into the States because you weren't a citizen?

LosAngelesSooner
10/25/2008, 12:54 AM
Also if you're born on a U.S. military base, U.S. territory (Puerto Rico, Guam, etc) or embassy you're a U.S. citizen and eligible to be Pres.

So regardless of all the B.S. surrounding BO's supposed "birth scandal," he's eligible even if it all wasn't a steaming pile of distraction.

Harry Beanbag
10/25/2008, 01:03 AM
The definition has changed a couple of times, but yeah-if you're born inside the United States or born to a US Citizen, you're pretty much good.

I mean, think about it-how crappy would it be if your mom got knocked up by a one-night stand during an exchange year in England, had you, then couldn't bring you back into the States because you weren't a citizen?

So John Walker Lindh or whatever his name was could have knocked up an Afghani virgin whore and the offspring would be eligible for the Presidency?

Frozen Sooner
10/25/2008, 01:10 AM
So John Walker Lindh or whatever his name was could have knocked up an Afghani virgin whore and the offspring would be eligible for the Presidency?

Yup.