PDA

View Full Version : De'Mond Parker will join Sooner Spectator

Jay C. Upchurch
10/24/2008, 05:11 PM
It's been 10 years since De'Mond Parker last set foot on the University of Oklahoma campus. That's way too long for a former Sooner star to be away!

So Sooner Spectator is excited to announce Mr. Parker will our autograph guest next Saturday, Nov. 1, at our tent on historic Campus Corner. He will join us at 3 p.m. and sign (and take pictures) until 5:30 p.m.

You probably recall Parker ran for 291 yards (3 yards short of Greg Pruitt's single-game OU record) against Texas in 1997. He finished fourth on the Sooners' all-time rushing list with 3,403 yards, just over 700 yards shy of Joe Washington's team standard... Parked left for the NFL after the 1998 season, opting to forgo his senior season.

He is excited about his first trip back in a while. And we will be doing a feature story on him in an upcoming issue.

If you can't make it by to see De'Mond Parker at the Sooner Spectator tent before the OU-Nebraska game Saturday, you can still get Mr Parker's autographed poster for $20. We will sell any extras while supplies last. Just contact Kristie at our toll free number (877)
841-8877 and she can get you fixed up!

We also have some back stock of other autographers we've hosted this season, like Thomas Lott, Lydell Carr, Eddie Hinton, J.D. Roberts and D.J. Wolfe. Those are either signed on posters or pictures and they are $20 as well. They make great Christmas gifts, or better yet get your favorite Sooner fan a 1-year subscription to Sooner Spectator ($39.95) and get your choice of autographed item free!

Stay tuned for more info coming this week!

badger
10/24/2008, 05:15 PM
Yay, former Sooner who is also former Packer! :)

SoonerEmpire
10/24/2008, 05:20 PM
Awesome news! De'Mond Parker was the only shining star for OU back in the bad years. How I wish he would have stayed for his senior year and played his last year under Stoops. Anyway, this is good to hear.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/24/2008, 05:30 PM
Yes him and Kelly Gregg always gave us hope. Glad to see he'll be there.

the_ouskull
10/24/2008, 07:04 PM
Those of us who were there for the "Blake Error," (and the previous two regimes... GOD, I'm glad I went back in 2003 to finish school) will always want to shower De'Mond Parker with hugs of Sooner Magic. On more afternoons than I care to admit, he was the only thing worth trying to stay sober for.

...but the games, and his fleet feet, eventually ended. Those ESPN bastards show the scores all night long.

"...so we drink, and we die, and continue to drink." - Traditional 'My People' Folk Song

the_ouskull

85sooners
10/24/2008, 07:42 PM
:pop:

Rhino
10/26/2008, 01:57 AM
Awesome.

Jay C. Upchurch
10/26/2008, 10:07 AM
We'll have more details early this week.

oumartin
10/26/2008, 10:17 AM
the same De'mond Parker that said on television that he really didnt' wanna go to OU?

freshchris05
10/26/2008, 11:06 AM
De'mond is the man...

with ****ty oline he still dominated... you put any back that we've had since him on those teams and i dont think they do as well...

and i stand by that

nativesooner
10/26/2008, 11:36 AM
"Blake Error" lol Never heard it called that. It's awesome to get older players in here. Sometimes they don't realize how much us older fans really appreciated them.

FILTHY
10/30/2008, 12:03 PM
2nd favorite Sooner of all time!!!!!

bringit
10/31/2008, 12:06 PM
the same De'mond Parker that said on television that he really didnt' wanna go to OU?

fo rizzle? I had not heard that.

Jay C. Upchurch
10/31/2008, 10:56 PM
Sooner Fans,

If you can't make it by to see De'Mond Parker at the Sooner Spectator tent before the OU-Nebraska game Saturday, you can still get Mr Parker's autographed poster for $20. We will sell any extras while supplies last. Just contact Kristie at our toll free number (877) 841-8877 and she can get you fixed up!

We also have some back stock of other autographers we've hosted this season, like Thomas Lott, Lydell Carr, Eddie Hinton, J.D. Roberts and D.J. Wolfe. Those are either signed on posters or pictures and they are $20 as well. They make great Christmas gifts, or better yet get your favorite Sooner fan a 1-year subscription to Sooner Spectator ($39.95) and get your choice of autographed item free!

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 11:32 PM

See....I remember stuff like that too.

I was standing right in front of him this weekend.

Jay had some really good deals too.

Pay for a 1 year subscription and get a free autograph.

$30.00 for an autograph on a new white OU Football.

Mini-helmet with autograph...

I just kept thinking about it and the deal where he left early for the draft for money kept nagging at me.

I just thought...Yeah...you gave me some great memories as a Sooner...and since you got all that signing money I'm sure your just doing the autograph thing to help out Jay.

So...I'm gonna wait until you get Seth Littrell, Kelly Gregg, Q or Tommie Harris and then subscribe and get a deal on an autograph for my son.

Good to see DP is doing so well though...

BOOMER SOONER !

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2008, 10:46 AM
I purchased a mini helmet..sittin on my desk

picasso
11/3/2008, 01:11 PM
he's a nice guy. I'm sure he still regrets leaving early.