PDA

View Full Version : GOLF THREAD

swardboy
10/24/2008, 10:41 AM
...I likes it...I likes it a lot.
When does Tiger come back?
Anybody here play 365 days a year?
I once eagled a par 4 from over 200 yards out...my drive sure stunk though.

StoopTroup
10/24/2008, 10:52 AM
My clubs look lonely just sitting there...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/SUN/2011~Antique-Golf-Clubs-Posters.jpg

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 10:54 AM
Sergio is choking again...in a major.

I've got a couple putters i might sell? Mizuno and an offset Red X?

1890MilesToNorman
10/24/2008, 10:56 AM
Only played 4 times this summer, Maine has a short golf season. I've always had a terrible slice so I never bring out the woods, this year in a scramble a guy loaned me his driving iron and I came within 25 yards of winning the longest drive for the tourney. I will have one by next spring and watch out, i may get that handicap under 20. :P

swardboy
10/24/2008, 11:07 AM
Prayers to Sevie.

swardboy
10/24/2008, 11:08 AM
My clubs look lonely just sitting there...

Perhaps if you stroked them more often...

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 11:13 AM
Prayers to Sevie.

yeah, i never really liked the guy that much...and i saw him try and hit the dumbest golf shot i've EVER seen at the 88 PGA at Oak Tree on the par 3 13th. i've been down where he was by the creek (hole is different now)...and there is no way anyone, ANYONE, even Seve the magician....could hit this shot.

but, here's to ya Seve. beat this.

Turd_Ferguson
10/24/2008, 11:26 AM
...I likes it...I likes it a lot.
When does Tiger come back?
Anybody here play 365 days a year?
I once eagled a par 4 from over 200 yards out...my drive sure stunk though.I heard Tiger caddied for some senior, at Torrey Pines I think, just last week. I got an eagle on a par 5 at Lincoln West from 140 out with a 9 iron....noth'n but cup. I got a HIO in 1997 on a 160yd par 3 in Ohio during a family reunion outing.:D

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 11:35 AM
Sergio is choking again...in a major.

I've got a couple putters i might sell? Mizuno and an offset Red X?

I've seen those around here...

thought they were supposed to be photos.

swardboy
10/24/2008, 11:38 AM
Holy cow! Can you imagine him for a caddy?

I loved Lincoln back in the late '70's when I lived in OKC.

Anyone ever play Earlywine? Gah, the wind....

Partial Qualifier
10/24/2008, 11:44 AM
After test-driving several drivers, I bought a new driver on Ebay. All the seller's comments indicated prompt shipping. Well, he shipped it on the 15th and I found out on the 17th he sent it via Parcel Post, no additional services - no delivery sig, no insurance, nada. It's been 9 days and it hasn't shown up yet. If he were a little closer than New York, I'd drive to his house and strangle him. to. death. I'm a little disappointed with the whole situation. The End.

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 11:45 AM
i played Earlywine about 2 dozen time in junior golf and high school. there's a couple good holes out there but it's a track. i hear though that they water it these days and it's in pretty deece shape. when i played there you could hit a bladed 3 iron 300 yards on the hardpan.

Turd_Ferguson
10/24/2008, 11:56 AM
Holy cow! Can you imagine him for a caddy?

Yeah, It was a Buick Sweepstakes winner. Link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/tigerwoods/3243666/Tiger-Woods-targets-Masters-return-Golf.html)

I loved Lincoln back in the late '70's when I lived in OKC.

Both East and West have always been nice courses. The greens have always been very very fast.

Anyone ever play Earlywine? Gah, the wind....

I really like EW North...can't say much for the South course.:pop:

Turd_Ferguson
10/24/2008, 11:59 AM
i played Earlywine about 2 dozen time in junior golf and high school. there's a couple good holes out there but it's a track. i hear though that they water it these days and it's in pretty deece shape. when i played there you could hit a bladed 3 iron 300 yards on the hardpan.Not sure how long ago that was, but it sounds like the south course. The North has been pretty descent for the last few years. Nice fairway's and green's, but like most muni's, the bunker's suck ***. Nuth'n like draw'n spark's off your wedge com'n out of the trap.:mad:

fadada1
10/24/2008, 12:55 PM
4LIFE had a hole in one one time. or so i heard.